At first, I was worried to be coming to Sun Tropical because of all the constant bad reviews, although there were some good ones. I was thinking about changing to some other hotel because of the bad reviews. Fortunately, this was one of my favourite holidays for me. Nothing too bad about it. I came with my family and my best friend's family, which altogether had a total of 9 people. We went only 1 week, which I soon regretted a lot. I did want to go for 2 weeks at the start. From 14/10/13 to 21/10/13 :)
Well, unlike other people which might have complained, our service at the reception was actually pretty decent. The woman that served us was reasonably nice and gave us some stuff to eat since the restaurant was closed at the time we arrived which is just about 9'ish. Unfortunately, it was a bottle of water, some sandwiches, yoghurt, and a piece of fruit. That was our late dinner and yes, we were starving after eating the snacks because they were of little portion and wasn't the best food... I guess there's no complaining though. There would've been nothing else she could've given us.
The rooms were reasonably tidy and clean, and just about had enough space for everyone. We slept comfortably during the night without any hassle.
The next morning, we were looking for quite a nice breakfast. The food in the canteen were alright, I suppose. But, I've definitely been to hotels with better food. Overall, lunch and dinner was just the same quality but there was a variety of options if that makes it any better. The dessert could've been a lot more nicer and have a lot more, quantity wise. It seemed that every time I went up, there would be nothing nice left. And the cooks would never refill the empty plate of desserts.
Anyway, moving on to the views of the hotel. It was overall very big, clean, eye-catching and nothing really bad about it. A lot of space, definitely. The pools were pleasantly clean and there was a lot of sun beds, but definitely get a good spot if you want one during the morning as it gets a lot busier and then you're left with the odd seats and no good spot...
The beach in this area was amazing. The water was clean, the sand was quite nice and thin, the scenery was beautiful and there was local shops/malls/restaurants up the stairs. Overall, quite a nice place.
Moving onto to the last subject which was my absolute favourite and highlighted my holiday : the entertainment. The entertainment team was brilliant during day AND night. They were all very friendly and yes, I did have my favourites out of them all. Kimberly B was very friendly + casual to people. Easily likable, and she was BRILLIANT when it came onto the night performances in the Entertainment Dome. She can sing AMAZINGLY. Steven was also a friendly guy and he was great at singing! Funny too :) DJ DVD was a great guy. He was very friendly to everyone, really nice and a bundle of fun! Rachael was a really nice girl too and she was friendly to everyone. It was easy to talk to her :) Jen was great also! Friendly and nice to talk to too!
And last of all, my most favourite entertainer of all : Lizzy. She completely made my holiday. Super friendly, down to earth, a really nice girl, really helpful. She was like, one of my new best friends! Lots of fun, funny, never hesitated over anything and a good person to talk to, haha ;'D
The main part that I miss from the holiday is the Entertainment team. They were my main highlight! Overall, this holiday was brilliant! :D
Review : Complete.
Spencer Shek :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The THB Tropical Island **** is located in Playa Blanca, a quiet fishing village in the municipality of Yaiza in the south of Lanzarote.It was built respecting the environment and the architectural lines of the island, keeping the typical colors and heights. With an area of 102.000m ² of which 56.000 m² are green and leisure areas, 8 swimming pools, 2 giant pools (one of them 1300m ²), 4 children's pools, a Splash Park children water park, 2 outdoor jacuzzis, 2 pool bars, playground , 2 tennis courts, 2 multi-sports courts and 2 big show rooms for 450 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca