“What a great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort

You added Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort to your Saves list
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Papagayo, 22, 35580 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Cheshire UK
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just arrived for a weeks stay and we are I day 2, I have to say for Spain(wheel one of its islands) this is a wonderful,place. We have my Mum with us 79 years old and first trip "abroard" at her age, fantastic. She is loving every minute of it nd loves how well the staff here treat everyone. Food and rooms are very good, the pools are clean and gardens well kept. When we arrived late last night we ordered room service, all delivered in a timely manner and well presented.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PYaiza, Duty Manager at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear guest,

We apologise for the delay of our answer. We are very happy that you have chosen our Hotel to spend your mums holidays in her first time abroad.

Looking forward to welcome your family and your mother in your next trip to Lanzarote, we wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy new year 2013!

recepcion@princesayaiza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Polish first
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

On arrival, we were very impressed with the hotel. Lovely entrance and lobby. Checking in was pleasant and straightforward, we were given a glass of sparkling wine and although we had booked a double room were upgraded to a suite, which had a bedroom, bathroom, sitting room with two sofas and table & chairs, and small kitchen facilities. All very clean, super shower, nice thick towels. I don't usually use hotel toiletries, but these were fine, especially the orangey shower gel. Beds were large and comfy and I missed the turndown service when I got home! I a.gree with other reviewers that it is penny pinching to charge for the tea/coffee service

However, the bedrooms are on the inside of the hotel with the window opening on to an internal corridor. Nice and quiet, but on holiday I do like to get up and open the bedroom windows to a sunny morning. It also meant you had to have the lights on the whole time you were in the room. The balcony was off the sitting room and yes, it was surrounded by trees. However, if they had not been there, we would have had a view of the roof of the pool restaurant and the kitchen area - with the trees it was very private and the sun did shine on it in the afternoon. We don't spend a lot of time in our room so it wasn't a problem.

Because the hotel is low rise (as are all the buildings on Lanzarote) and it has a big footprint, the communal areas on the lower floors are quite dark. we found the entertainment area totally unappealing, and some of the lounge areas looked like a furniture warehouse. The seating areas and the piano bar on the reception floor were lovely however.

Breakfast was fine, everything good quality and well prepared. Although there are 3 restaurants to choose from, they do not all open at the same time and if a lot of people come to breakfast early, you sometimes have to queue as only one restaurant is open. Also, one is more popular than the other two and there are often queues. Birds can get in through the open side, and on one occasion there was a sparrow on the bread basket by the toaster! But I suppose this is inevitable to a certain extent with open air dining. Sometimes there did not appear to be enough staff working, and it took ages for them to clear used plates.

The position of the hotel is brilliant. Right on the beach, in the middle of the town and the marina. We booked b & B as we wanted to try some of the smaller restaurants in the area, I printed off a list of tripadvisor favourites and we worked our way through them with much success. The beach is lovely, and there is a beach bar at the back - a nice position to sit at night for a nightcap.

The hotel pools look amazing. Before we went, I had read the reviews about the cold pools and thought people were just being a bit wimpy. I am used to swimming in cold pools or the sea. However, the first couple of days I can only describe the pools as icy. Yes, you could swim in them but it wasn't fun. They did warm up a bit, but never to the point where it was totally relaxing. I genuinely can't understand why - how can a pool be colder than the Atlantic? We swam in the sea instead and it was fine. On the last couple of days at the hotel, the weather was gorgeous, but there were never more than half a dozen people in the pool at any time. This was a real disappointment for us - we were in Gran Canaria in June, where the (unheated) pool was delightful. Pool service was also very sketchy.

There are lots of places to visit on the island and car hire is cheap, so we got out and about quite a bit.

Would we go back? the location is unbeatable, but as we do like to spend time swimming I think the cold pools are a real turnoff, so am really not sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PYaiza, Gerente at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear guest,

Sorry for the delay answering your message. We would like to thank you for the description of your experience in the Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort that you have written in Trip Advisor.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies about your experience in our pools. We have a non heated salt water pool and a heated sweet water pool in the main building (plus the children pool and two Jacuzzis). We control three times per day the temperature of the heated pool and the average is over 25 º.

I would be delighted if you would allow us the opportunity to show you that we could meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you in your next trip to Lanzarote, we wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy new year 2013!

Kind Regards,

Òscar Pubill Gómez
Director de Operaciones
oscar.pubill@princesayaiza.com
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Oct 2012 was my second visit almost a year to the day of my first. The stay did not dispppoint - upon arrival the reception staff knew this was my second visit and welcomed us back. Check in was slick and professional. On both occasions I was upgraded to a suite and these are spacious, well furnished and equipped rooms. Throughout the stay, the staff were always helpful and said hello. I was even presuaded by Beatrix to take part in the aquagym which actually proved enjoyable and a decent workout. Pool area was immaculate my only criticism is that sun loungers had towels placed upon them by 8;30 am and the 'owners' would appear 2-3 hours later - and one group left their towels and went off for most of the day to see the Cesar manrique house. The hotel does state loungers cannot be reserved and maybe they should enforce that - that said I never had a problem finding loungers at any time in the day - sometimes their location was not the best. The location of the hotel is superb with a short walk into Playa Blanca and the Marina in the opposite direction. Breakfast was well organised with them often running three restaurants to meet demand. Lunch was good in the cafe by the pool area. The bar with its vaulted ceiling is relaxing and a lovely place to end the evening in - the staff here being very attentive and the cocktails well presented. I am planning to visit again next year - which is very unusual for me but if the standards are maintained I know I will not be disappointed.

Dear Guest,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Me and my wife had a great holiday staying at this hotel. Food, service and facilities were excellent.

It is a busy hotel sometimes in the morning during breakfast and can be quite busy around the swimming pool, but that is probably because the hotel is always full due to the success and good management of the hotel.

It is located near to the harbour and port so there are loads of bars and restuarants nearby, and the beach next to the hotel is first class with a lovely beach bar and restuarant.

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologise for the delay of our answer. It’s a pleasure and a great motivation for all our staff to receive such positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you, and your wife, for a return visit soon!

Looking forward to welcome you, we wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy new year 2013!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Overall, our holiday here very nearly had the title of "Best Ever Holiday". Great facilities, fantastic staff, superb suite. They do try and make you feel important and appreciated. I celebrated my birthday there and booked a meal at the Des Lobos restaurant. The management included a bottle of house cava and a small birthday cake, a very nice touch. Our room in Block A was amazing, huge double room, large bathroom with walk-in shower and bath, and a spacious lounge with 2 sofa-beds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PYaiza, Resident Manager at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs.

We are happy to know that your birthday celebration in the Isla de Lobos Restaurant was unforgettable, and we hope that you decided to come the next year to organise something better.
Thank you very much for your comments, and for your time.

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

we stayed here for 2 weeks at Easter - [sorry for delay in posting]
the whole place is quite stunning with fantastic views over the bay towards Fuertaventura.
the welcome was excellent and staff never more than very helpful, staffing levels seem unusually high and training first rate - and the guests benefit from this, keep it up
The hotel is perfectly placed midway between the Marina and Ferry port [about 1km to both]
restauarants good - particularly the Japanese, particularly the younger of the two chefs.
Buffet restauarants first rate for breakfast but not so good for evening meals unless you simply want endless servings.
The niggles, shower was very difficult to control and was generally cold, the tea and coffee service was good and the bar topped up daily but considering the price of the hotel surely they could've provided this free [the most average Premier Inn scores much higher on these points]

The management also need to address access facilities for less mobile guests. The only disabled toilet was at the bottom of a steep ramp.

A pity to spoil an otherwise brilliant place with such mean-spirited easily corrected issues, but we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and will definitely return

Room Tip: all rooms have a sea view, but some are a little bit side on, we were in block B - and it was excell...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PYaiza, Resident Manager at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs.

I am really happy to receive this comment in trip advisor.
Believe me when I tell you that we are working very hard to improve all our facilities for the guest who has some problems with their mobility.
We are working in the pool showers, we bought a special chair for helping the guest to use the pools, we change the step from teh main entrance, we improve the facilities of the disable rooms, and more little things that make easier the stay of some special people.

Please if you need more information do not hesitate in contact with me, and I will send you the Photos of all this facilities.

Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Spent a week there during late September staying in a junior suite.
Very clean. Maid attend to room twice a day.
The staff are excellent and very helpful. Although an expensive hotel you still get vaue for money.
We took the bed and breakfast option allowing us to eat out in the many good restaurants that are close by.
Local beach is clean and safe for swimming.
Would definately return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in block A overlooking the pool are probably the better choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PYaiza, Residente Manager at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs,

Thank you for your comments; it is nice that the guest who has had good experience reflect their feelings in Trip advisor. Comments like yours make easier take a decision to some people who are not sure about the election of the hotel for their holidays.

luis.folgar@princesayaiza.com

Been to Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort? Share your experiences!