We stayed at the Timanfaya Palace for 10 nights returning on 23rd March, and have to say our experience of the hotel was fabulous.
I e-mailed the manager prior to our departure explaining that all we wanted was to have a hassle free holiday after going through a traumatic time last year with a family bereavement, and I have to say that it was perfect.
On arrival a glass of bubbly, and courteous staff on reception, we were given room 173 on the ground floor, and after reading other reviews about ground floor rooms our hearts dipped a little, but on entry to the room we could'nt have been more pleased, a very well appointed room with a massive king size bed and views out of this world, just outside was the top pool and waterfall with palm trees, cacti plants, and to top that beautiful sea views and a sun-set right in front of our balcony, a complimentary bottle of bubbly on ice, white fluffy bath-robes and slippers just added to the special feeling that was felt by both of us.
We only stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, as we like to dine at local tavernas and resturants and there are plenty to choose from in Playa Blanca, but the breakfasts at the Timanfaya are fabulous, you could not fault the food and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is very well placed with lovely walks in both directions, the lighthouse at the end of the island to the right at the rear of the hotel, and Playa Blanca 25 mins walk to the left with the sea and beautiful views of Fuerteventura.
After our evening walks to eat we would get a taxi back approx 3.60 euros but always gave 5 euros, we would go in the piano bar for a couple of brandys served expertly by the waiters in warm glasses, perfect, lovely people seem to stay at this hotel, most are friendly and will chat while the music plays away in the background.
A special mention for our house-maid Carmen, always polite, never imposing, and very good at her job.
Thankyou to all the staff at the Timanfaya Palace, our stay with you was perfect.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your H10 Timanfaya Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Timanfaya Palace Hotel Playa Blanca
- h10 Timanfaya Palace Playa Blanca
- Timanfaya Palace Lanzarote
- H10 Timanfaya Palace Lanzarote/Playa Blanca