“A holiday enjoyed by the whole family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Paradise Island

You added Aparthotel Paradise Island to your Saves list
Aparthotel Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Urbanizacion Montana Roja, P-28, 35570 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“A holiday enjoyed by the whole family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We've just returned from a great weeks stay at Paradise island, my husband and I stayed along with our two children aged 10 and 7. The children spent most of their time in the pool, and although the area around it was always busy we always managed to find at least 2 sun-beds together. We all really enjoyed the water park, my daughter and I went on all the slides but my husband did admit to being a little disorientated after going on the orange slide!
We also walked up the nearby volcanoe, which I would recommend, the views are fantastic, I'd also recommend taking the free bus to the beach, gorgeous, we also stumbled across the market (Wednesday) and took a stroll from the marina to the port, stopping for beer (adults) and ice cream (kids) along the way,
We also went on the half day atlantic safari and both kids joined us on the banana boat ride and my 7 year old braved the water to try a bit of snorkelling. Pedaloes were about 15 euros for an hour but well worth it.
The food in the hotel was very varied and there was always something that everyone liked, even for my fussy daughter, not sure I'd encourage chips for breakfast though!
Our apartment was lovely and kept clean (5 times a week) I would recommend an upstairs appartment but that's personal choice! The only negative comment I have to make is about the beds, they were pretty hard,bbut to be honest that's the only fault I could find. The entertainment and all other staff worked really hard to make this a great family holiday. So wouldirecommend it? Hell yeah!

Room Tip: Personally I'd chose an upstairs room, we had room 242 but on the other side people had views of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

just returned from a week in paradise island, rooms very big and spacious, long walk into playa blanca but only 3euro in a taxi which stops right outside hotel or is a free bus through day but gets very busy, waterpark excellent for kids no snackbar or bar in waterpark though only soft drinks, food in restraunt very nice has a seperate chinese restaurant if nothing you fancy in usual retaurant. entertainment fantastic through day for children. was really windy on a night wish i had taken a jacket for my children, all in all had a really good hol.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have booked to stay in paradise island in August 2013 and after reading the reviews have come to realise that a deposit is needed for towels could someone tell me what towels is this as iv never heared of paying for hotel towels I don't want to be packing towels for a family of six it will take up to much room we already have a beach towel each for around the pool

• Stayed July 2013
HotelesLopez, Headoffice Hoteles Lopez at Aparthotel Paradise Island, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
the deposit for pool towels is very commun in hotels.
Unfortunately the experience leeds you to take decisions as this is the case.
The pool towels desappear, I imagine that you cannot believe it but this is the only reason why a deposit is charged.
I hope that this is not a big unconvenience for you and that you understand the reason.

Wishing you a nice holidays and all the best ,

we remain with

Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed at HL Paradise Island from 3 July until 17 July. Travelled as family of 4, kids 10 & 8. Son had 11th birthday there on 14 july. Rooms spacious and clean with balcony at front and back. If you can cope with a dozen stairs I would advise requesting a 1st floor apartment as lower front balcony right onto main paths and rear has a 6 foot wall meaning not much sun and free run for cats to roam. Rooms were cleaned everyday except Tuesday and Friday. Sunbeds still have towels on them before 9am but if you still can't get a bed then speak to big Andreas the lifeguard aka 'the rock' he will remove towels from beds not being used and believe me nobody will argue with him although he is a gentle giant!!

All staff friendy and speak pretty good english which puts most of us to shame. Alberto at the pool bar is a real gent and will keep your drinks flowing. Water, soft drinks and beer is self service and stops at 11pm. Good choice of food from main restaurants and pool snack bar. Usual burgers, chips, pizza, chicken, toasties etc.

Water park superb and well managed with lifeguards everywhere.

€10 deposit for towels, you get this back as long as you return them with your receipt. Deposit also for tv remote but did not bother as you can still change channel and volume without it. Deposit for air con but did not need. Tip - open both balcony doors 6" and the wind cools the room just as good.

Thomas cook reps (Ben, Lorna, Stevie, Becky) work hard all day to entertain you, also George from HL. Ruth the hotel rep very friendly and helpful.

Would recommend this hotel and would visit again. "PUMP IT UP"

• Stayed July 2013
hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were a party of four, two adults and two children girl aged 13 and boy aged 9 travelling with Thomas Cook from 16 June to 1 July. On arrival after an easyjet flight with no reclining seats and no TVs!!! there was no bus waiting for us at the airport to take us to our hotel, so quite a delay there, we finally arrived at the hotel and the staff on reception couldn't have been more helpful throughout the holiday, we were put in a ground floor apartment but we wanted a first floor with a balcony and they said come back in the morning and they will change us, which they did without any worries at all. We were in room 128 which is on the right hand side of the hotel overlooking Fuerteventura in the distance and the sea. There was also a small snack in the restaurant waiting for us if we were peckish. The welcome meeting was short and sweet, by Ruth who remained cheerful and helpful throughout our stay, the pool area was quite small for the amount of guests it had to accommodate so we found ourselves in the waterpark every day. There was a deposit of Euros10 for each towel used, Euro10 for the remote control for the telly or the telly didn't work at all Euro10 for the air conditioning Euro2.50 for the waterpark pass which we were told by Thomas Cook was free for us to use, I know you got the deposits back at the end of the holiday, it seemed a lot to give out on the first day, so we didn't take them up on any of them, kept our own towels, didn't use the telly or air conditioning as it was quite cold and very windy the first week we were there. The waterpark is open from 11am til 6pm and there were plenty of beds. The slides were great and the lifeguards on duty were excellent , we saw at least five saves whilst we were there! Beware the orange flume as it disorientates people the most. The kiddie pool was excellent also with wonderful slides and enough to keep the young ones entertained all day. there is an outdoor ball pit, sand pit and play area. The Thomas Cook reps try really hard to keep the entertainment going in the evening, hard work when there is only 3/4 of them. Bingo strips were Euro5 strip a go. Every day during the day there was something going on from pistol shooting, archery, go karts at a charge, you could play tennis as well. The food was a little bland although certainly more than I give my kids and husband at home so totally adequate in that department. The hotel was kept clean and tidy although our apartment was not cleaned to how I would have liked over the two weeks. They changed the days when the cleaners came in so sometimes it meant no towel changes for a few days and no cleaning done also. The weather was sadly not brilliant on arrival and we all spent mornings and evenings in our hoodies, which was a shame, the second week was better and you needed the constant wind when the sun came out. We went down to Playa Blanca sea front which was wonderful on a few occasions, one on a Saturday morning to the local market, full of jewellery which myself and my daughter loved, we walked along the promenade from the wonderful marina across to the ferry harbour which took about an hour with an ice cream stop in between. There are a couple of small beaches with sun beds at a price, but all lovely. The restaurants along the promenade are all lovely and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming and the honey rum at the end is an added bonus!! there is a small street of shops selling the usual holiday souvenirs, fake handbags and such. We had the added bonus of a volcano right outside the hotels front door which myself, hubby and daughter decided to trek up whilst my son was in kids club. it took about half an hour to climb, and we also managed to walk down into the crater and make our names in gravel lava and rocks that remain, it was a treasured experience and a must for views across the whole of playa blanca from the top. We also took the Fire Mountain day trip which was awesome, the bus driver deserves a medal! the guide was very informative and a must trip if you are going to Lanzarote. even the kids loved all the experiments at the top and the history behind the 6 years of consecutive volcano eruption in the 1700s. I must take this opportunity of thanking especially Kieran for his time and patience and gentle nature in keeping my son engaged whilst in kids club, my son had never been in a kids club, but due to his new found love of football, this suited him perfectly, every day he went in and played football, fennis!, hockey, play station, games, etc etc, even one on one when there was no one else in kids club. All the kids club staff were great. He also went to parties at Euro10, beach, pirate, chocolate (take something that you don't mind getting ruined!) which lasted from 7.30 - 10pm, I don't know where they all get their energy from but they all deserve a pay rise. All in all shame about the weather but it helped in that no one was craming for sun loungers and a very chilled breakfast, apart from my niggles all had a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Thomas Cook are only given the outside rooms all the Spanish and elder guest have the rooms by the p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

we stayed 27th june till 7th july. we had a fabulous time. waterpark was great, pool was great. the food was ok and yes the restaurant was always crowded! and it was a little grubby in places too but overall was really good. i have to say the thomas cook entertainment team and kids club were outstanding! always an activity going on! my girls loved the staff at kids club, so thankyou to them! if your not too 'picky' then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went 27th June-4th July. The food was okay, although it was pretty much the same every night. Did eat out twice however, and I much preferred that.
The rooms, they were large and clean (although someone we talked to said they hadn't had their towels or bed sheets changed all week). Slightly on the solid side, and not enough pillows (I had to fold mine in half and put a towel underneath to get a bit of comfort).
Staff were really friendly. Entertainment team around the pool often stopped for a chat. Great with kids and adults (I often heard kids calling after Ben, Lorna, Becky and Stevie. And also often saw a kid clutched to Ben's leg, which he accepted, and didn't let affect his work). Watched one of the entertainment team night shows, and they were fantastic. Not brilliant, but they aren't professionals and they do the best they can, and they make it funny for all ages. Really commend them for sticking around after shows to talk to guests, and for working hard constantly in the sun.
Sunbeds were an issue. Luckily, the party I was with are early risers, so as long as we left the room by 7:30, we managed to snag three beds. Some towels were damp, which indicated they had probably be left overnight. One day, 114 beds had towels on, and 33 were occupied, by 7:10am. a policy was introduced towards the end of our stay, however it wasn't as sucessful as planned, but as long as they keep up with it, it will be great.
All the staff we came across were friendly, even if it was just walking past them them, they said hello.
This resort would be a great place if you were going with younger kids, but I think older people will probably not enjoy the atmosphere as much (unless you're young at heart). But then again, it is a family resort, so that might explain why.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Aparthotel Paradise Island? Share your experiences!