“Sentido H10 White Suites, Playa Blanca” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO H10 White Suites

You added SENTIDO H10 White Suites to your Saves list
SENTIDO H10 White Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Janubio no 1, 35580 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
England
“Sentido H10 White Suites, Playa Blanca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have been to PB many times but never stayed in a hotel before, was so pleased we chose this one. On arrival there was a very nice welcome from Reception and a glass of sparkling wine - everywhere looked spotlessly clean. We were given info on the hotel, dining times etc then helped to our room. I had emailed and asked for a 2nd floor room (as advised on TA). The porter showed us how to use the safe and instructions on using coffee machine. The room was again spotless with lovely huge bed and good quality bedding and pillows. The bathroom needs a bit of TLC but shower was good, perhaps needs a rail in bath and bath mat as floor could get slippy when wet.
Food was plentiful and lots of choice and Chef Jose worked his socks off but always had a smile on his face. All staff were pleasant and helpful and again very hard working. We didn't use bar very often as like going out in the evening but when we did use it the drinks were of good quality. We liked the idea of not needing cash (particularly during the day around the pool) and our bill on checkout was very reasonable. Would def return again. A very relaxing holiday :-)

Room Tip: Second floor room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I returned today from a five day holiday here. I travelled on my own (late twenties) just to get some sun and relaxation. The room was great, I had emailed to request a first floor room and they put me in 201, which worked out well as it was also close to reception and the wifi hub. The wifi was fine in both bars and the restaurant, but become pretty useless towards the hot tub and further rooms. Sunbeds were never a problem, neither was food. I tended to eat around 7pm and there was a small queue sometimes but only because they tick off room numbers as people arrive in the restaurant. The food was very good and a great selection. The only downside, I found, was the beauty centre / spa. I went for a 'relaxing massage' first, which seemed to be improvised and when it was over she just cleared off. On my last day I went for a facial (I booked for the afternoon instead of paying for late checkout as there are showers and hairdryer there). Honestly this is the worst facial I've ever had. For €65 she wafted a tissue over my face and spritzed it then rubbed a bit of cream on, then just cleared off! After over half an hour (I timed it!) and a few loud throat-clearings from myself, she eventually came back, wiped the cream off and sent me on my way. All in all she was only in the room for about 20 minutes out of the hour. Both treatments seemed to be made up on the spot and didn't leave me feeling relaxed at all, just bored and quite annoyed. The two 'therapists' definitely need some more training. The rest of the staff were brilliant and worked really hard, food was great and room was great. Perfect for a few days in the sunshine to chill out, and close enough to have a walk along the coast to the marina or beach and shops. I'd go back to the hotel but I didn't particularly like Lanzarote.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Impressive from start to finish. I've read some of the bad reviews on here and to be honest they're being very pedantic.

The staff were spectacular, we had a decent room, thankfully: Ground floor, with patio facing pool area. The food was great, obviously you expect a certain quality from buffet but this delivered above my expectations. The freshly cooked option was great. We were even surprised with a bottle of cava and chocolates in our room, congratulating us on our Anniverary. The location is great too, right near the beach. And the lack of screaming children was Devine.

There are only two negatives for me... 1. It feels like there are too many people staying there for the facilities provided. We queued a few times for dinner, and sometimes there where no loungers free whatsoever. which leads me to 2. I read on here somebody praising the fact that they have a strict no-reservation policy on sun loungers, this pleased me greatly. But sadly it was not the case. One afternoon found no free loungers yet only 1/3 of them had actual people on them, the rest simply reserved, this remained the case for the rest of the afternoon. This no-reservation policy should be better enforced.

Overall, really great hotel. Thanks for a lovely holiday. I will definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 5 nights of relaxation at the end of April 2015. Hotel was lovely, rooms comfortable and well equipped but bathroom could have done with a little updating. We don't go on holiday to watch TV but it is sometimes nice to watch a film at the end of the night but from 60 odd channels we only had one English Channel which was BBC news 24!!

Mixed reviews of the staff, I witnessed some really rude English guests and whether this effected the attitude of some of the staff I'm not sure. They were pretty friendly on first service but if you then wanted a second drink you would have to call someone over and they didn't seem particularly happy with this. This seemed to be the same for both bar and restaurant staff. The cook on the hotplate was also not particularly helpful towards anyone who could not speak Spanish.

Nando in the Sheesha bar however was an absolute star and really made our evenings enjoyable.

Food was good and varied well but entertainment in the evening was limited and so we ventured out to the marina on a couple of occasions.

There is a large crowd of senior guests so do not go expecting a lively evening!!

Pool area was great, very quiet and relaxing with some nice touches throughout the day such as cold water mist, cocktails and sunglasses cleaning. Wi-if throughout the hotel was pretty shocking!

All in all this is a great hotel but just a few small things could be looked at to make it exceptional.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms seemed a little better, we were tucked away in the far corner!
Mansfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

If your reading this wondering whether to book this hotel then hopefully this will help....

Adults only - very peaceful round the pool - sun beds the best I've seen - whicker with thick cushions - very comfy- never had a problem getting two - even in the afternoon - large beanbags available too.

No loud music blaring out - instead there is an area where soft relaxing music is played from speakers set into the walls.

Rooms - high quality beds and linen - bathroom needed updating to match the quality of this hotel but was clean and hot powerful shower.

Food - wow - delicious - not a huge choice like in some hotels but what was on offer was fantastic and always hot- yes sometimes there's a queue for a table at peak times - but your only talking 5-10 mins maximum (we ate about 9:30am & 8:45pm and found this to be a quieter time - preferred to eat outside as it was a more quieter relaxed atmosphere - very cosy with all the heaters on and good view to watch the entertainment from.
Jose the chef at the live cooking station is brilliant - yes again you may have to wait 5 mins to get your freshly cooked omelettes / pancakes etc or your fish or steak in the evening but Jose provides entertainment whilst your waiting - for people moaning about waiter service for drinks - there's 2 nespresso coffee machines in the restaurant which in my opinion was far nicer and you help yourself and in the evening someone took our drinks order within minutes of arriving.

The only thing that let's this hotel down is the lack of an area to have an after meal drink - a boutique hotel should have comfy sofas - the bar area which is an extension of the entrance foyer and reception only has a dozen tables - there is a Bedouin tent that wasn't used 6 nights out of the 7 we were there despite being open - again not the kind of seating needed after a meal.

Location - 5 minutes walk to a beautiful sandy cove with crystal clear water -
15 mins to the marina with a good choice of bars/ restaurants

I booked with Thomas cook and for £435 pp half board, transfers, luggage and flight meals I think was excellent value for money -
-hope this has helped you decide -

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was in a really good location, ideal for walking either to the Marina or to the town of Playa Blanca. We stayed on bed and breakfast and so it was easy to find lots of restaurants nearby. The rooms were large with a very comfy bed. Our bathroom would benefit from a redecoration but was clean. The bar, restaurant and pool were all very well looked after and smart. A really nice touch: on my birthday the hotel delivered a cake and bottle of cava to the room, what a lovely surprise and thanks to them. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We very much enjoyed our stay, would return and recommend the hotel.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband & I stayed at this lovely hotel for the last week in April. It was part of a belated hunnymoon for us after getting married late last year so the staff had organised a bottle of cava & card in our room for us on arrival which was a lovely start to the holiday. Check in was straightforward, reception staff were pleasant & porters very helpful with our luggage. Our room overlooked the pool & was very stylish / clean & spacious. The nescafe coffee machine in the room was a nice perk as we love our coffee. The food in the restaurant was lovely with plenty of selection. The romance themed evening had a lot of effort put into it & the ladies got given red roses & chocolates. We went half board as we like to get out & about as well. The only thing I would say is that the table waiters were slightly slow at making sure you got coffee served at your table in the mornings & taking your drinks order in the evenings but that is only a very small compliant. There was plenty of spanish & French people staying in the hotel which I think is always a good sign of it being of good quality. The entertainment in the evening was of very good quality, we especially liked the opera singers on romance night & the Motown group the following evening. It was like going to a mini concert or gig! Location was good. It was halfway between the rubicon marina & the more traditional fishing harbour of playa blanca. The promenade is a lovely walk after breakfast in the morning. It was about a 2 minute walk to the beach. The pool area does get quite busy with people trying to reserve beds before breakfast & it was difficult at times to get 2 beds together. If the guestS didn't try to reserve beds & the hotel provided a few more beds, then this wouldn't be an issue. Overall, if you want a chilled out break with your other half or friends in a place that isn't over run with us Brits, this is a lovely place to stay & I would say that we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: First floor if you don't want to hear people moving around above you.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to SENTIDO H10 White Suites? Share your experiences!