We have sadly just returned from 2 weeks stay at the Sandos Papagayo. We travelled as a family with my two children, aged 4 and 1 and our in laws came along for the second week.
I can't speak highly enough about this hotel for families, it's wonderful, the animation team do a fantastic job keeping the little ones entertained, I was a little cautious about leaving her alone at first but she persuaded us to leave her and she was always in safe hands.
The food is amazing, very impressed for AI, even the snack bar food was great, it lacked slightly from 11pm, but I don't expect gourmet food at that time! Drinks were also plentiful, there were a few drinks that had an extra charge but something for everyone to drink that's included. The Mexican is delicious and I must agree with past reviews regarding the Chinese it's not up to the standards as the rest of the food but worth a visit for a change.
The whole hotel is very clean, there is always someone around cleaning somewhere. Didn't have a problem with any of the staff, they were all very polite and happy to help. A lot of the staff (with exception of the animation team) don't speak fantastic English, I think some people may misunderstand this as rudeness. They do a remarkable job and work very long hours, they should be commended.
In my opinion the location of the hotel was great, I like to walk so the 15 min stroll to the harbour was welcome, then another 10-15 mins to the centre of Playa Blanca.
The entertainment was great, I wouldn't say it is aimed directly at children, I would have enjoyed if I were here as a couple, although my daughter did enjoy it too.
We stayed in G block which had a lovely pool view. Unless you are going to bed early, before 10.30-11 then noise isn't an issue, we slept fine every night, it was very quiet. It was getting very busy towards the end of our stay and we did notice that by 9 ish the sunbeds were all reserved, this is through no fault of the hotel, there are signs everywhere asking people not to reserve, but I guess this is the world we live in! So get up early if you want some loungers.
There were a few cracked tiles round the pool, but I did notice that they were getting replaced at the end of our stay and does this really ruin your holiday????
If you want value for money then I would certainly recommend this hotel. For what we paid, I can't fault it. I think some people just want everything for nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful resort offers an All Inclusive plan 24 hours a day. It also boasts an oceanfront location on Playa Blanca beach, and it's the closest hotel to the beaches of the Papagayo Nature Reserve. All of the spacious and bright guestrooms at Sandos Papagayo are outfitted with amenities like a furnished balcony, a spacious private bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels, safes (for rent) and lovely panoramic views. Sandos Papagayo has three outdoor pools, a gym, free miniature golf, and a multipurpose sports court. At the spa, you'll find hydromassage tubs, saunas and a steam bath. The hotel also has five bars, a nightclub and a nighttime snack bar. The hotel's restaurants include an international buffet, a pizzeria, an Asian restaurant and a French brasserie. The hotel staff organizes sports and recreational activities, in addition to nighttime entertainment. Meanwhile, kids will have a blast with a play area, pools and a kids' club. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the tourist information desk offers car rental and tour bookings. The hotel also has free WiFi in common areas. The hotel is just a quick walk from Papagayo Beach and less than three miles from the fishing village of Playa Blanca. Timanfaya National Park is about 12 miles away. ****All Inclusive Plan**** The All Inclusive plan includes all meals, snacks, ice cream and cocktails at the hotel's bars and restaurants. It also includes all national drinks at the bars and restaurants from 10am to 11pm. From midnight to 8am, guests can enjoy drinks and snacks at the pool bar. Premium, Black Label and a la carte drinks more than 3 years old are not included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca