We have holidayed in Playa Blanca twice a year for the past 8 years. We normally self cater but when looking for accommodation my husband noticed a special offer on at the Hesperian Playa Dorada for the dates we wanted. He duly booked us a Junior Suite with sea view. On arrival at 11am the young gentleman on Reception said you are Deluxe, we said thank you. He duly showed us to the Deluxe Reception and asked if we would like a glass of Cava and a snack, both of which we gratefully received having left home at 1.00am to travel to the airport. One of the young ladies on the Deluxe Reception completed our registration, handed over our room keys and said if we were quick we could get a bite to each in the Deluxe lounge. She also said our cases would be taken to our room. Whilst eating our lunch we said is this something the Hotel does, upgrade some guests? We went to our room and my husband says this looks very much like the room I booked. After unpacking and a short nap we decided to explore. Going back to the room only 1 of the 2 card keys worked. We went back to Reception and my husband went back to the room with one of the young ladies on Reception. She told my husband this is not Deluxe room and changed our card keys to normal ones. Despite this disappointment we cannot fault the rest of our stay. The room was very spacious, the beds very comfortable. I would have a couple of suggestions for the hotel. Could the towels be the same size every day please? One day it would be bath towels another day bath sheets!! On only one day of our stay were the towels very worn as I have seen on some reviews. My other suggestion is for a variety of glasses in the room. The fridge supplied was a good size so we bought a couple of bottles of wine, a bottle of Bacardi and some Cola. Whilst I appreciate the hotel would like us to spend money in their bar the fridge enabled us to buy some drinks from the local supermarket. We will certainly hope to stay at he hotel again in the future. The position of the hotel is ideal. Marina Rubicon and the seafront Restaurants are easily a pleasant walk in the evening. Thank you Hesperia Playa Dorada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off the sparkling Costa del Papagayo on the charming island of Lanzarote, the Hesperia Playa Dorada is an idyllic destination for relaxation and renewal. Gaze out on endless azure water and sky, interrupted only by pristine white sands and the lush greenery of our gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hesperia Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hesperia Playa Dorada
- Hesperia Playa Dorada Blanca
- Hesperia Playa Dorada Lanzarote/Playa Blanca