My wife and I booked 2 weeks before departure for a weeks break in Lanzerote. Reason for chosing was previous positive reviews, and location.
Positives: Big spacious clean hotel which never felt overcrowded. Food both breakfast and dinner very good quality and choice plus waiters and waitresses very efficient at clearing table of used plates.
Main pool area very nice and again uncrowded however for real peace and quiet the pool at the back of the hotel was better and just adults relaxing.
Great indoor pool for lane swimming plus sauna and jacuzzi at a small extra cost.
Hotel almost on the beach about 2 mins and the main shops and resturants 5 mins.
Room was ok, big enough lots of wardrobe space and nice seperate toilet and bath/shower.
As per previous reviews yes the room could do with a little bit of up-dating but unless you looked closely they were all minor details mainly carpet looked well worn.
My only negative was when checking in we were asked if we wanted to up-grade to a sea view at a cost I cannot remember however it seemed a lot. We decided to decline and thought we would see what room we were given.........Suprisingly our room was further back from the sea but still had a side sea view and a outlook over small golf course. So unless its a special occasion and you dont mind paying more just see what room you are given.
We stayed last week in April and had quite good weather, 1 day of cloud and slight rain the rest good.
Also I agree that some sunbeds were very saggy and in need of stretching. My only other slight negative was dress code for dinner???? It clearly states with a sign that no shorts but long trousers will be accepted. I was more than happy to abide however the outfits some people were wearing were pretty scruffy both gentlemen and ladies. I am of the oppinion that sometimes a nice pair of shorts and smart shirt look better than trousers and teeshirts.
Having stayed with my wife in Fuertaventura where most of the guests at the hotel were German, I was surprised that the majority were Spanish and very friendly.
In summery I would recomend this hotel due to good food, location, clean and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off the sparkling Costa del Papagayo on the charming island of Lanzarote, the Hesperia Playa Dorada is an idyllic destination for relaxation and renewal. Gaze out on endless azure water and sky, interrupted only by pristine white sands and the lush greenery of our gardens. Enjoy this beautiful backdrop while taking a dip in one of our five swimming pools, participating in a game of tennis or simply lounging in a chaise with a refreshing cocktail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Hesperia Playa Dorada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hesperia Playa Dorada
- Hesperia Playa Dorada Blanca
- Hesperia Playa Dorada Hotel Lanzarote/Playa Blanca