We have just returned from a weeks holiday at The Volcan Hotel after having a fantastic time. I am usually a 'homebird' who is always ready for home after 7 days but could have stayed another week - I just didnt want to leave! We originally stayed in room 321 which overloooked the Marina, a brilliant room with fantastic views but we were offered an upgrade to The Club at a reduced rate for the last 3 days. WOW!! this was like another world. Very select! and has someone said at breakfast - 'Another day in Paradise'
The staff on reception, the waiters, porters, chambermaids were second to none and always had a smile for you. The buffet food was excellent with plenty of choice. The amenities were great, even had a little playground and clubhouse for children.
The only couple of complaints were the fact that sunbed cushions were left out 24/7 and were badly stained and also tea and coffee replenishments were charged for after the first day. These were pointed out on the questionnaire at the end of the holiday and by the time we got home we had an email saying that these points would be looked at.
A thoroughly fantastic Hotel which hopefully we will be returning to in the near future.
Definitely check out The Club and upgrade if you can afford it, well worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcán Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the “Marina Rubicón” yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO’s “World Network of Biosphere Reserves”. The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andrés Piñeiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of “Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe”. With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcán Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca