My sister and I have just returned from a week at the Volcan, It is a beautiful hotel, very attractively laid-out. We had rooms on the 5th floor with large south facing balconies and a wonderful view of the Marina. The breakfasts were excellent - though the toasters were inadequate. Our waitress in the evening - Carmen - whose English was about as good as our Spanish, was charming and helpful.
However, I do not think the hotel is really suitable for disabled guests. My sister could not use the shower or bath and the journey to the restaurant via lifts and walkways was exhausting. If it had rained, it would have been even worse. I do not agree with any of the negative comments about the hotel but would advise anyone with serious mobility problems to look elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcán Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the “Marina Rubicón” yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO’s “World Network of Biosphere Reserves”. The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andrés Piñeiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of “Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe”. With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcán Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.