All reviews are subjective and can only be based upon your own experience. Here is ours. We stayed for nine nights from 16th June 2013. 1st impression with the entrance hall was superb. Efficient check in. Long walk to room (565) and not suited to anyone with walking difficulities as you have to go down in lift from reception, walk outside for some distance then up two sets of steps.1st impression of room was excellent with superb views of marina and the ocean. Being a little picky on the room, the door casing could have been better reparied from where it had split from being forced open at some point, leaving a very sharp edge. Also the inside of the toilet brush holder was discusting and the repaired plastering in the bathroom could have been re-painted - air con okay but ceiling fan could not be turned on unless stood on chair as the pull cord was cut. We are talking 5* hotel here so please bear in mind.
We booked 1/2 board but like other reveiwers, we were easily bored with evening meal choices and quality. Would have liked to have the option of either lunchtime meal or evening meal availability. One evening they ran out of the carvery meat at 9pm, which on this night was chicken - the restaurant was open till 10.30pm. Some food was luke warm or shrivelled up like the Lasagne - not good! The microwave to re-heat food if you so wished was a bit of a clue. Breakfast was superb although diabetics using the milk from the self service machines, please be careful as it contains sugar! Coffee from these machines is better than that brought to table. No al a carte restaurant only buffet option for evening meal, although there is a very good Japanese restaurant on site (not run by the hotel) which was excellent. You get 20% discount but only if you are on half board. Only pool service at one pool, near lunchtime restaurant. Pools very cold and was told one was heated to 21 -24 C? The Atlantic Ocean at 19 C when I went diving was warmer - honestly!
Some sun beds tatty and scruffy looking.
On a positive - breakfast good, staff all cheerful and very friendly. But as mentioned earlier, we are talking 5* and when compared to a 4* hotel in Puerto Mogan Gran Canaria you would expect the 5* to at least equal or better than the 4* - sadly it didnt in our case. Car Hire outside on the marina was very good and cheaper than hotel.
All in all somewhat disappointed given previous Canary Island experiences but as I said earlier we all look for different pros and cons. Good luck with your holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the "Marina Rubicon" yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO's "World Network of Biosphere Reserves". The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andres Pineiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of "Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe". With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca