Have just come back from Hotel Volcan Lanzerote. The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. Unusually, for an overseas hotel there were tea and coffee facilities and water bottles in the fridge.
The staff were friendly and helpful. We were a bit early and our room was'nt ready, so we went for a walk, when we can came back there was a bottle of bubbly waiting for us, nice touch!
The breakfast was very good, but were not over impressed with the main course for the evening meal, although there was choice of ready cooked food, there was also quite a bit of cooking meat and fish by the chef and this took an age sometimes. I didnt bother, just made do with the pre cooked. A small quibble but worth mentioning.
The sunbathing area is fantastic, with one large pool and three or four smaller pools which was great for young children. The main pool is huge, the biggest I have ever seen.
Location is great, right by the harbour with restaurants and cafes, a bit quieter than further along towards the town, but it suited us.
Another small point, the sunbeds need updating, they look a bit shabby. Also the a/c isnt very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the "Marina Rubicon" yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO's "World Network of Biosphere Reserves". The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andres Pineiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of "Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe". With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca