w/c 18th March - We also had room 416, excellent, will request it again next year. This year with Thomas Cook Style had the added option to eat out two evenings at restaurants in the Marina area which was a nice change although the food on the buffet half board option is very good. I don't know how full the hotel was but never seemed busy to us, no problem getting our favourite spot for sunbeds (grassed area up the slope opposite the covered entrance to the path to the gym). Talking of the gym, we used it every day and never had anyone else there with us which probably explains why a couple of the pieces of equipment could do with maintenance as they didn't work. The Marina area is in our opinion the nicest part of the resort, we walked easily to Papagayo beach in one direction (taking the route through/behind last hotel in that direction) to avoid scrambling up the cliff - we did do this once though and managed it easily. We walked to the lighthouse in the other direction so you get to see all the other beachfront hotels and Volcan definately the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the "Marina Rubicon" yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO's "World Network of Biosphere Reserves". The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andres Pineiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of "Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe". With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca