I asked my 9-year old daughter for her input and she said the highlights were the breakfast, the kids's club, the pools and the general quality of the hotel! I would say the location as well, being on the doorstep of the marina for lunches and dinner. I was glad to have gone bed and breakfast on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews - it's good to share your business around anyway. We particularly enjoyed the Afrodite pizza place, and the steak grill restaurant just outside the hotel gate. Having never been to Lanzarote before, I was very happy with Playa Blanca in general and the Volcan in particular. We had a beautiful and massive sea view room and all of the staff, from the cleaning to restaurant and reception staff were friendly and helpful and spoke a lot of languages. For kids, there was the disco every night and my daughter made a lot of lovely little friends. I couldn't fault this hotel with only minor niggles. The coffee at breakfast wasn't to my liking, but there was Buck's Fizz available instead so who's complaining! In my opinion, anyone who has any big issue with this hotel has problems! I would recommend the half day South tour excursion to the Timanfaya volcanoes, with an extra cost of 6 euro to ride the camels - definitely worth it for the laugh! Also, take the ferry from the port to Fuerteventura for a great family day out. We wish we could do our holiday all over again! Thank you Volcan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the "Marina Rubicon" yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO's "World Network of Biosphere Reserves". The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andres Pineiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of "Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe". With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca