First the positive side:
The location is superb as you practically have direct access to the Marina.
The buidling style of the hotel is different and great
We got an upgrade to a Junior Suite with fantastic views
What disappointed us:
The curtains in the rooms were torn and rooms not clean. Picture frames were broken and hanging skew. Both TV's did not work properly with extremely bad picture quality. Although we had beautiful large terraces these could not be used as there is absolutely no shade.
Upon booking, the hotel boasted about all its restaurants. And what a disspapointment. For dinner only the buffet restaurant and Japanese restaurant were open. The others were completely closed and are only used for private functions. The food in the Japanese restaurant was great but too pricey and a pity that they do not have a terrace even though there is enough space.
The sundowner Terrace is too small for the amount of hotel guests. So get there at least about 20 minutes before the sun sets to get a seat. The sunsets are superb from here!
I recommend not to book half board as there are so many restaurants close by to choose from. We did not eat from the buffet so I cannot evaluate the food.
Breakfasts are good, except that the tables and placemats were sticky.
A big dissapointment was that when you order drinks at the pool you get everything in a plastic cup! This is not 5 star! Whether you order coffee, wine or sangria ... everything is plastic.
The towel service at the pool is organised more like an "all inclusive" resort. You only get one towel per person per day!
The entire hotel appears a bit tired and desperately needs renovations. The staff is friendly but not helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the "Marina Rubicon" yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO's "World Network of Biosphere Reserves". The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andres Pineiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of "Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe". With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca