We have just had the most awesome week at the Volcan Lanzarote. As seasoned travellers who enjoy good hotels we had high expectations for here and were we're not disappointed at all. The reception on arrival was second to none. We arrived off of a delayed flight and were greeted with a glass of fresh juice and escorted quickly to our room where we found a cold platter of lovely meats, cheeses, bread yoghurt etc. Our room overlooked the Rubicon Marina, so peaceful and very large. Fabulous big bath and amazing shower with lovely toiletries and sumptuous towels.
We opted to upgrade to Club Volcan and were delighted with the whole experience - breakfast was amazing with lots of choice and every morning we had freshly cooked eggs,bacon or omelette served to us at our table. The pool area was so relaxing with a mixture of sun beds and lovely comfortable wooden cabanas when the sun got too hot. The pool bar and staff were excellent, very attentive and friendly. No shortage of beds or beach towels. 2 rooftop jacuzzis with views over to the neighbouring island of Fuertaventura and out to the sea - lovely to sit and relax in, one warm and one cooler.
The coffee and cakes served every day were a welcome indulgence and the complimentary bar from 6-9 was excellent too. Premium branded spirits and mixers, cava, beer, soft drinks you name it. We thoroughly enjoyed using that before dinner.
Dinner was buffet style and the choice was more than adequate - fresh meats, fish, salads, vegetables, pasta bar, desserts and fruit amongst some of the choices. We did opt to eat out a couple of nights at the marina and this too proved to be worthwhile also. Prices were reasonable, food tasty - our favourites were Lani's Grill and Afrodite Littly Italy.
We would also like to say a huge thank you too all the staff but especially Maria and Joanna for making our stay so successful and relaxing. The staff at Club Volcan also made it great too. So much so my parents have booked to come out for 2 weeks at the end of this month.
If your looking for a relaxing holiday in a fabulous hotel with added extras book Club Volcan at the Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the "Marina Rubicon" yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO's "World Network of Biosphere Reserves". The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andres Pineiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of "Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe". With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcan Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- THe Hotel Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca