Dont be fooled into thinking this is a genuine five star hotel,although the reception and other public arears are of a high standard the rooms are not.
On arrival we were disgusted to find a blood stained pillow on the bed, the rooms are spacious and well equiped but rather dated. Our patio area had a 20 foot high wall to one side and wall with wooded post on top directly in front blocking views and giving the impression we were in some kind of stockade or prision.
Getting to the restaurant or bar at night was positive danger due to the lack of lighting an absence of handrails on most of the stairs and slopes. Selection of food in the restaurant was extreamely poor and and more than a few of the staff were glum faced and could not be bothered. After a couple of attempts at finding something decent to eat we gave up and decided to eat out.
Entertainment was non existent on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday nights, drinks were very expensive but a least the bar staff could muster a smile.
On a positive note the hotel location is excelent with easy access to the marina and promenade via a security gate at the rear.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury five star hotel, the Hotel Volcán Lanzarote, has a prime location on the seafront and together with the “Marina Rubicón” yachting harbour it constitutes a tourist resort in the southern part of the island - an area that forms part of the UNESCO’s “World Network of Biosphere Reserves”. The hotel is located just 10 km from the Timanfaya National Park, 900 metres from the picturesque fishing village of Playa Blanca, where you will find shopping centres, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes from the International Airport of Arrecife. Andrés Piñeiro, the chief architect of the project, chose a design based on a complex of classical buildings that are a true reflection of the typical architectural style of the island. The design of the hotel is reminiscent of a typical village of Lanzarote, with romantic patios, traditional courtyards and secluded spots, together with the magnificent hotel entrance which is a replica of the Teguise church of “Ntra. Sra. de Guadalupe”. With its unique architecture and the distinguished service of a luxury hotel, the Hotel Volcán Lanzarote is an icon within the high end segment of the tourism sector. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.