“Cracking view staff and food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 159 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A new venture from the same team that ran one of London's iconic Italian restaurants.Boasting Lanzarote's only wood-fired oven you can enjoy a variety of home-made Artisan breads, Pizzas, as well as wood-roasted meats and vegetables. We also make our own fresh pasta daily, and have a wide selection of home-made desserts. Our beautiful terrace has some of the best sea-views that Playa Blanca has to offer, and together with spectacular sunsets, and a chilled candlelit ambiance, it is simply the perfect place to relax and enjoy your evening.
Exeterbeachbelle
“Cracking view staff and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Went on recommendation of trip advisor and really enjoyed a delicious meal, the garlic bread, potatoes and roasted garlic all fab. The wood fire oven used to great effect They look after you really well, we had our 9 year old with us she demolished her pasta, I had steak, hubby beef all very well cooked and delicious.
Puddings too were delicious especially chocolate cake. This place is a treat, modern , unusual decor, good value and delicious food with that great view and attentive polite service. What More could we ask .

Visited September 2013

Gloucester
“Would recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Outstanding service the staff were all very friendly and I really enjoyed a yummy meal they have a good selection of food so I would recommend

Visited August 2013
Edinburgh
“Very Good but a little dissapointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate here with my wife while on holiday and it is a nice setting (try and sit outside looking on to the sea) and the staff are friendly and helpfull. The starters were very tasty, so I was looking forward to my main and to be honest I was little bit dissapointed, I thought it was a bit bland and lacked seasoning. My wife however enjoyed her main and the wine was excellent. I may have had an off day for the chef and we did plan to go back but time didn't allow. Pretty nice all the same apart from the main it would have got a 5.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

After many holidays spent in Playa Blanca, I decided to read the restaurant reviews on Tripadvisor and was so glad I did.

This restaurant is hidden away, above Burger King, but what a find.

Fantastic fresh food in a lovely setting. Everything was homemade and portions were generous.

Highly recommended and will definitely be going back towards the end of our holiday.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, marvellous menu, and a stunning setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

It was our first trip to Lanzarote, and my brother-in-law had been given a recommendation about the quality of the food in Casale Franco, and it certainly lived up to it.

Initially, I took my wife there because it was our first wedding anniversary, and the staff were kind enough to take a booking in the day and recommend the best seats. We were treated so well, it was calm, pleasant, and the beautiful views drew our attention. As you will see by other reviews, it is located above a Burger King, but don't let this put you off because you would never notice once you're there.

The food was divine, and reasonable too. They offered an uncomplicated menu with 6-7 starters and about the same number of mains, but each choice was tempting and it took us a while to choose. It was served promptly, and yet we were never hurried. It was delicious, and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The wine choices were also good, and reasonable too, and we polished off a bottle of decent Pinot Grigio together. The meal was topped off by a wonderful cocktail from a long list of choices (there was certainly something for everyone there.) That with a balcony view out across Playa Blanca, we had a wonderful night all in all.

We were so impressed, that we took the whole family (17 of us) back there later in the week, and they dealt with us admirably. Considering that we had 6 children with us (below 9), they had the service down to a touch, and nothing was slow, the children got served quickly (the pizza's went down well) and everyone enjoyed it.

The chef in command of the wood-chip oven at the back (who I believe was also the owner) was clearly passionate about his job, and had great control of his kitchen and staff. Another review mentioned that he shouted a lot. Well, it was a big kitchen, and he was managing it, and it was entirely inoffensive. You'd probably only appreciate this if you were inside (we were with the big family).

Finally to point out the wonderful décor, abstract sculptures, and personalised furniture. It reminded me of a Dali like style, and upon enquiring further with the main chef, he explained that he had designed/made it all. A wonderful personal touch.

I would certainly visit this restaurant again if ever in Playa Blanca, and would heartily recommend it to anyone. This, after all, is my first restaurant review.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere