“Music Night” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 15 Nightlife in Playa Blanca
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Live music and Karaoke bar owned and run by Geoff and Linda - a friendly relaxed bar offering top sports on TV and promoting local musicians, great live spots various nights during the week; other nights see Karaoke fun into the wee small hours. Live music features often during the week and the bar closing at 2am. Open from lunchtime to the early hours and longer when everyone is still enjoying themselves. Geoff says "We aim to provide a comfortable, relaxing but fun atmosphere, where anyone can get up to sing and be appreciated - we want to provide a place where visitors can have fun, relax, enjoy themselves and leave with good memories of a holiday made great by coming in and getting to know us!" So when you're coming to Playa Blanca call in and see us - you'll be made very welcome. But don't leave it to the last night of your holiday - you'll wish you came sooner! We also offer guest spots to people who may have performing experience in other places and be coming on holiday. Special celebrations are our pleasure and this year we have partied on for 40th 50th 60th 18th and wedding anniversaries! special themed evenings and party mights are frequent.
Stafford
“Music Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great little bar and great prices.Good entertainment with the guest musicians on certain nights and joining in when ever you can for some good laughs.

Visited December 2012

“Fab nite!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited this bar most nites over our stay in playa Blanca, considering it was quiet season there was always a fw people in there. The owners were fantastic very welcoming and a good laugh. The cocktails were fab, we did karoke most nites and the bar stayed open until we were ready to leave (yes we were the rowdy bunch dancing in the street) we were varied age range 23-57 (the old ones were the Yorkshire lot we met) and had a awesome nites. Thankyou for making our nites out fab.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Wouldn't visit again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited here as there seemed to be a few people but it seemed a little clique-ish with the locals.
Drinks were ok, but seemed to run out quickly and weren't prepared for more than 15 people visiting-had no straw to stir my vodka with and had to use my finger!
It looked onto a derelict building and was in the middle of a pathway so not very nice.

Linda1304, Owner at Buskers Bar, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Well we accept that we can't please everyone every time, however some things are beyond our control: you mention derelict building - this is an unbuilt building site which every property and bar along that stretch overlooks and has been like that for 10 years i understand. I understand there are plans to make it into a pleasant park area, hope it happens soon! We also would like that you mention to us at the time of your visit if you are not happy with something that we can put right immediately: this would include things like splillages on the floor; no toilet roll in the toilet and no straws on the bar. No one has to stir drinks with fingers and it is a shame this wasn't mentioned to us at the time! I have posted a couple of photos too as there are nicer aspects once one looks over towards Fuerteventura, and as I write this another spectacular sunset is giving everyone great pleasure as they sit outside enjoying the last afternoon sunshine. By the way- we refer to Buskers as 'your local in Playa Blanca' - we try to ensure all our visitors feel as if this is their 'local' when they are here - and I think we achieved that if you felt the bar was full of locals! We in fact cater almost exclusively for holidaymakers!
Playa Blanca, Canarias, Spain
5 attraction reviews
“Not deserving!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've always been a true believer of trying out the no.1's when I return to playa blanca and I can tell u this is certainly not deserving! It is difficult to find, drink selection is poor for younger people and the person behind the bar (who didn't seem to want to introduce himself) was just drinking! If I had a choice I would not go back, I had more fun in Wax and only stayed there for 15 mins in the day for a pint with my friends! Buskers could do so much more with the place they have, no wonder people where looking in and walking past. Sorry, this is isn't 'NIGHT LIFE'

Linda1304, Owner at Buskers Bar, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry you were disappointed with your visit to the bar last Friday. The bar does come into its own in the evening - and you will notice that other reviews refer to the live music and karaoke that is on at night - often till very late. It seems from your review that you came during the day and spent only 15 minutes there. Clearly there wouldn't have been live entertainment on at that time although we do show football when there are games on. I can only suggest that you visit another time and come and see some of the really excellent musicians who play in the bar from 10pm and give the bar more than 15 minutes of your time!
“A hole in the wall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

A dingy shed located in the heart of papagayo centre. Alrite for the over 80's maybe but the amateur attempt at karaoke is pitiful. With limited seating due to no space it's no wonder it's not busy.
Certainly won't be returning.

Linda1304, Owner at Buskers Bar, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Oh dear - looks like we weren't on top form for your visit! Buskers Bar is a small bar - but that is also an advantage in terms of peope feeling comfortable in a strange venue - it also means our customers get to know each other and chat. I think the majority of our customers woud not refer to it as a 'hole' however! We do tend to appeal to a slight older customer and the age range (according to our FBk stats) is 25 - 55 with 45 age range coming into and commenting most about the bar. We have Karaoke Party Knights karaoke 3 nights a week - monday, wednesday and saturday who offer a great night of entertainment. Other nights are live music acts and sometimes when they finish, I run our own karaoke system for a few hours for customers who want to sing. I don't pretend to be 'professional' - and am not in competition with others who do run karaoke for a living - however I do provide an environment where people can sing their favourite songs without pressure and we often find people who have only ever sung in the shower previously having a go in public for the first timre and doing a great job! If the karaoke goes on later at night ( eg 2am) I might not put it on all 4 tv screens but just have it on the laptop screen as this is quicker and easier to set up if it is on only for a short time or a very few people. A lot of our customers are people who use the bar regularly and come back several times a year on holdiay - so thank you for pointing out that not everyone knows our philosophy - and finally, different venues appeal to different people depending on mood and lots of other variables - perhaps you'll come in again another night and have a great time!