“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Great food, friendly service and very reasonably priced if you fancy a Chinese in Playa Blanca. The waiter is so friendly and remembers you year on year. Portions are on the larger side, you have been warned ;o)

Scotland
“Great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I ate here twice this visit and twice a year and a half ago.
Very good value especially on the drinks side. Very friendly young man that seems to be in charge. Good service.
I haven't tried any of the other Chinese restaurants in Playa Blanca mainly because I'm happy this one is pretty good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wicklow, Ireland
“Couldn't fault it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

On the night we went to the Jasmine it was raining! Fancy that.. but the food in the Jasmine was lovely & the service was great. I was also given a little rose to take away with me.. one for the ladies, would recommend

Visited October 2012
Fife, Scotland
“An Eastern Jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Like most eating establishments on the main streets of this resort the Jasmine does not immediately stand out any more than its neighbours. On a street of Chinese 'souvenir tat' shops and other restaurants and bars it is mainly conspicuous by virtue of its two - almost obligatory for a Chinese restaurant - gold stylised lions standing guard either side of the menu board. There were tables in front in the open air where you could smoke, and more in the air-conditioned interior.
Having been in Playa Blanca for almost two weeks and utterly sick of the average fare served up in our distinctly average 3* (yeah, right) hotel we had taken to eating out.
The staff were friendly and not as pushy as many other Canarians, who - let's face it - are battling for a share of a dwindling market.
We ordered two portions of prawn crackers, a mixed Jasmine platter, a vegetarian chow mein and (on the recommendation of the waiter) the crispy shredded beef with three delicacies fried rice.
I have eaten in Chinese restaurants all over the world, from Australia to Thailand and western Europe and have had some occasional poor experiences. I have previously been in a group of four who all wanted fried rice with their main dish and we were served a small bowl of rice between four of us, so I now tend to never order the same as anyone else in my company, and I am always wary that portion size can vary hugely.
Anyway, I needn't have worried. Each of the two plates of crackers would have been sufficient for the two of us and they were served with a bowl of warmed sweet honey/chilli/something sauce that we loved. The waiter kept an unobtrusive eye on us and made sure we wanted for nothing, drinks or food. Each course was served very timely and the entree of mixed starters was also a big portion for two people. Prawn toast, spring rolls, battered king prawns, crispy battered ribs, wantons etc. More of the lovely sauce, lemon infused finger bowl, cloth napkins.
My wife's main course was not off the menu, (nothing new there then!) she had wanted the vegetable chow mein but cooked Singapore style. The restaurant was happy to oblige and the resulting dish was very much to her satisfaction. My crispy shredded beef was a huge portion that I could not finish, the hree delicacies rice being the only thing that I was - ever so slightly - disappointed in, it being fried rice with some chopped ham and vegetable in it.
At the end of our meal we were given complimentary liqueur (in novelty glasses!) and my wife was given a little gift of an ornamental flower.
The whole bill was about €36 including two mixed drinks and two Tsing Tao beers and we left feeling that we'd had a good meal in a basic but nice place, with lovely staff.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A change from spanish cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went there as it was close to the hotel and we longed for some home cooking. Service was quick, and though the menu was squarely aimed at local/british tastes, they did make an effort on our behalf, being chinese as well. Best dish was the chinese bbq pork, sweet and savoury, great with plain rice or noodles.

Visited October 2012