Spent first 2 weeks of August in the Vik coral beach club. Had read plenty of reviews so was not expecting much of the place. Can't understand what most people were giving out about. This place is in a lovely quiet corner of Playa Blanca, away from the noise and madness of your typical holiday resort. We arrived at 9pm and the receptionist kept our bags whilst we went in to get dinner which was available until 9.30. Even at this late stage the food was hot and plentiful. After a good feed we were told where our bungalow was. The lighting going towards the bungalows was poor and the numbers were strangely on the side of the house where it could not be seen and not at the front door as you would expect. This is me only being picky but when you arrive late and it's dark this can be off putting. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and cannot fault the food throughout our stay. There was always something for everybody to eat and no shortage if you had the appetite. There was vegetables with every lunch and dinner, generally a rarity when you go abroad and a broad range of fruit available throughout the day. The bungalows were very spacious although not sound proofed very well, we had the pleasure of the randy french next door to us for a week that would wake the dead!! Cleaners attended most days and gave a basic clean, but not much more was needed as you ate out all the time. The animation boys kept you entertained well if you wanted but also left you alone when you wanted. None of their activities were ever so intrusive as to disturb others that just wanted to lie around the pool. We hired a car for a week from Autospluscar (€170 for a Skoda citigo) and had no trouble with them. No nasty excess surprises or wanting to take a guarantee deposit from your credit card. Could not really see the point of the Chillout bar other than the spectacular sunset. Seems a bit daft that it's not part of the all inclusive option. There was an issue with no water for a few hours over three days which guests should have had better information about, however when the drinks machine was not working the bar provided cans instead. The staff were always polite throughout the hotel and treated you as a guest, none of this hateful false "I'm going to be your best friend" rubbish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vik Club Coral Beach located at the east of Playa Blanca, is a hotel enjoyed for its tranquility and calm. Let yourself be seduced by its impressive sea views and by the times of relaxion at the Chill Out. Live the Vik Club Coral Beach experience and forget everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your VIK Club Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vik Club Coral Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- VIK Club Coral Beach Lanzarote/Playa Blanca