“perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of VIK Club Coral Beach

You added VIK Club Coral Beach to your Saves list
VIK Club Coral Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Calle Austria Esq. C/Portugal | Urbanizacion Montana Roja, 35580 Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

stayed at the vik club from 6th-11th august.
we were looking for a quite holiday in the sun & if thats what your after you carnt beat this place.
Its a bit outside playa blanca, We had a car so it wasnt a problem for us to get to town whenever we wanted to, The hotel did a courtesy bus but never used it so carnt coment on it. It could prove expensive if you used taxis all the time.
The villa we had was a really good size & nice & clean & modern, we are 2 adults & 3 kids & had plenty of space. Nice large room with double bed, Second room with 2 singles & sofa bed in the main room.
The restarant is nice but dont eat your evening meal to early because thats when the sun hits it & it gets boiling hot through the glass walls. I liked the food, always plenty of choice. Sometimes there was a lack of clean plates & cutlery but within a few minutes theyd bring new ones out.
If you walk round the hotel to the sea & go down the rocks there is plenty of rockpools where the fish are so easy to catch, My kids loved it, Even caught an octapus but quickly chucked it back in cos he didnt look happy!!!
i'd really recommend this hotel, i loved the peace & quite. The entertainment is also good. kids club was great.
I would advise hiring a car, Theres plenty to go see nearby, The volcano is a good trip if youve never been there.

Room Tip: We were near the restarant, if you ask for room close to the sea it could be quite windy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Anxa M, Gerente at VIK Club Coral Beach, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear craig1867,

Fist of all thank you for having chosen the VIK Club Coral Beach and for taking a time to reviewing it.

We are really glad to read you spent a great holiday at our complex and that you enjoy Lanzarote as well.

So we are looking forward to meeting you and your family once again!

Anxa Martínez.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Polish first
Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Well worth staying at this small hotel complex. Slightly out of playa blanca but right on seafront. One storey apartments are clean and spacious. All incl food was very good,always plenty for every taste. Jemma the entertainer worked her socks off. We hired a car to see the volcano,Timinfaya. Would definitely use hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just arrived back from ten days at the VIK club coral beach, my grandparents and I had a fantastic time! Arrived around dinner time and our check in was speedy and the receptionist was very helpful, explaining things to us that we didn't understand as well as pointing us in the direction of our villa etc. our villa was easy to find and close to the pool (villa 40), it was clean and spacious with a double bedroom and a twin room, a bathroom, kitchen and living room. My only gripe about the villa is although there are air conditioning units in the living room and double bedroom, there wasn't one in the twin room but with the time of year, it wasn't too hot at night, therefore I was still comfortable. The beds are quite firm and after a few days my back was a little sore but it's very hard to find a bed suitable for my back anyway!!!

Food- the food was very good, considering the amount of people and nationalities that the chefs were catering for, although after the first week it was a little repetitive but I expect that when I go all inclusive. In the morning there was a variety of cooked foods such as bacon, scrambled eggs, Spanish omelette, sausage and fried eggs etc, as well as fruit, toast and cereals with jams and yoghurt. Lunch was a variety of salad and cold meats, rolls, chips, pizzas, pasta with different sauces. Dinner always had potatoes, chips a meat dish, a fish dish, a pasta dish and a rice dish all to a high standard. Also included were unlimited drinks, they do ask you to use plastic glasses outside the dining area, a few people complained but I felt this was fair, if someone smashed a glass and a kid stepped on it it would be worse right? Desserts were jelly, ice cream, mousses and pastries and although I didn't eat any myself (was on a diet ) I am assured they were delicious.

Pool- the pool area was lovely and quiet, there are a few broken tiles around the pool but I did see a maintenance man and the lifeguard looking at the damage and them agreeing in Spanish to get it fixed. The pool itself is salted and bloody cold if you get chucked in after lying in the beautiful sunshine all day but after a few minutes you warm up! There are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas to go around and didn't have to get up at six am to reserve a sun bed!! There is also a chill out area that it lovely for seeing the sunset but not really worth an extra five euros a day.

Staff- each member of staff were wonderful and polite, even after a few trips to the bar, the waitress knew my order and knew I didn't like ice in my drink which was fantastic!! But the shining stars of coral beach have to be Gemma and Martina, who are the entertainment team, I cannot big these ladies up enough, during the day Martina tends to be more with the kids while Gemma does activities such as archery, water polo, water volley, bowls, Spanish lessons etc and they came together ar night to run the entertainment. Starting with the minidisco for the children which is actually quite fun for adults to dance to as well, my group certainly had a laugh joining in!! Then things like karaoke, quizzes etc are fun for the older people. The one thing I would recommend is that those two get new equipment from the hotel! They work so hard, they deserve that and a pay rise!!

It's also quite out of the way, but you can either hire a car or pay 5-6 euros for a taxi into playa blanca to go to the beach, shops, bars etc.

All in all, I would go back in a heartbeat! It gave me the relaxing holiday that I needed and it was safe enough that my grandparents could be safe in the knowledge that I was by the pool or in the villa and that they could go a walk etc and not worry. If you are looking for a boozy lads/girls holiday, this isn't the place for you, if you are looking for a relaxing family holiday or couples holiday then is is totally the place to be.

Room Tip: All of the villas are identical, although our villa was close to the dining area/entertainment area...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here at the end of July for 11 nights and had a lovely, relaxing time.
Our apartment was spacious and clean, we saw 3 (dead) cockroaches and nothing else. The food and drink was good, the staff were friendly, and seemed to all work very hard.
The chill out area in my opinion was a waste of money as there was no additional pool there, you just got the privilege of being in a quieter area with better sunloungers (but it was overlooked by people walking past)
The evening entertainment was ideal for those with children, and the entertainment team worked their socks off. Apart from that, other entertainment was minimal.
Some areas of the hotel could do with improving, e.g. agree with other comments about missing tiles in pool.
It could also benefit from a sheltered/covered area near the bar to sit at night, as it did get quite chilly due to the winds. The surrounding area outside of the hotel could do with improving too, especially to the surrounding paths, which just ran out in places and there was lots of dog poo.
If you wanted to walk about outside the hotel you were quite limited where to go, but you did have the option of bus/taxi to Playa Blanca. It is a little out of the way, but if it was in the resort then obviously it would have been dearer. Overall the hotel felt very safe and it met most of our needs and budget.
If you want a 4 star holiday then go and pay 4 star prices elsewhere. This holiday was good value and did the job.

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We first went here 2 years ago and loved it so decided to return. This was our mistake. The Vik Club WAS clean, spacious, great food, great staff and just a joy. We went back this time instead of 4 of us we went with 5. We arrived late and found the staff helpful and sent us for a lovely meal before checking in. We were on a high and went to the apartment...there was only 1 light working so we had to get maintenance in to change bulbs. After they had gone we realised that the bathroom door didn't shut properly or lock and there was no bed for the 3rd teenager. We were told to wait till the morning so we did. The morning brought more shocks on how much this place has gone down hill. Its filthy. The pool especially is filthy. In 10 days we never saw one person clean the pool, the pool area or the little drinks holders at the side of the sun loungers. I bought wipes and did it myself as even after complaining nothing changed. They have shut the pool bar so the kids were walking in and out of the bar area wet, which made it very slippy. The toilets in the restaurant are used by all the pool users and again are wet and slippy and ran out of toilet paper and hand wash regularly. There was also a very intimidating security guard who came out at night to make us all very uncomfortable and told us it was 1a.m and we should be in bed!!! This happened every night and so everyone was in bed by 1 or he threatened to call the police. The funny thing is none of us were screaming, shouting or skinny dipping...we were just talking. Just a joke. My son also cut his foot open on a missing tile..one of many by the pool. ......
The positives....It is good value for a lovely secluded place. Its not massive so you feel safe with young families. The towel hire service for the holiday is well worth it as it saves weight and hassle. The staff are lovely (except the intimidating security man). They try there best to help you and save you money on trips. Don't book away from the apartment as if you book through them they arrange transport from the apartments and back again. Families with young children really did enjoy there time as there is a little pool for little people and an excellent pool attendant. The food, we thought, was good but repetative. There was enough choice to get by but after the first week it was repeated again. My daughter is wheat intolerant and so lived on meat and salad so was very bored as veg was pickled or had things added.
The entertainment girl Gemma is lovely. She worked her socks off trying to involve everyone and keep everyone happy. We did laugh as she was using exactly the same equipment from 2yrs ago and alot really needed replacing...poor girl just kept appologising for broken equipment. The drinks are all local unless you pay extra then you can get labelled alcohol but i didnt think it was worth the extra per day. There is a lovely chill out area but again you have to pay extra per day and maybe worth it if not wanting to hear children playing by a pool. There was a mix of nationalities but most mixed well and joined in so never found it an issue.

Worried that the owners have let it go so much when it was such a gem, even though so out of the way of anything you have to get a cab or hire a car to get any where. Now its not worth the cab fare i'm afraid. Not when we have seen it at its best.
DO NOT GO with 5 as my 2 6ft2 boys had to top and tail for 10 days as they never gave us spare pillows and just 1 blanket. None of them fit on the sofa as they were too tall and it was sooooo uncomfortable. Only thing offered was a few more blankets!!
This is a lovely place if they just hired a few more staff and started to clean the main area that people spend time at, open the pool bar again and carry out maintenance in the apartments, toilets and especially around the pool where its dangerous to little feet. Such a shame.
It didn't matter how many times we complained about things it didn't changed so we gave up. I took photographs and was going to email them but I really don't think it is worth it.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here in last week of June 2012 and we really enjoyed this hotel.

It's a little out the way although we had a car which I would recommend. We arrived early evening and were greeted by the receptionist who was friendly and welcoming. They had a little table of fizz and orange to make a bucks fizz for yourself which is a nice touch.

The villa we had a great sea view right in the corner. The villas themselves are super clean and well presented with nice fittings and bedding. THe villas comprise a seating area, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The bathroom was big and very clean.

The patio areas do not have sun beds although for 6 EUR per day you can take a lounger from the pool - the pool guy will bring it for you. I don't think this is fair really but not a lot you can do really. The patio had curtains you could pull round and tie I guess if you want a wind breaker or a little more privacy. The patio we had was not overlooked at all.

The pool area was quite big with a good size pool.

In the restaurant there was always something we liked during dinner. It was your typical all inclusive food with meat and fish options, deli bar, chips, potatoes etc.I enjoyed the food.

The bar had help yourself soft drinks and draft beer which is helpful if its busy. One gripe which I mentioned to the hotel staff on two occasions is the extreme annoyance of flat soft drinks. Literally zero fizz. They'd obviously run out of gas or it wasn't connected properly or something. I mentioned it twice but it stayed the same throughout the stay.

If you want to keep your villa after midday it costs 50 EUR. We wanted to do this but couldn't as the hotel was fully booked and they needed the rooms back so it's not a guarantee even if you're willing to pay. Just one thing to bear in mind.

Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view when you book.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
vikhotels, Gerente at VIK Club Coral Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear BCH_10,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the VIK Club Coral Beach and also for taking a time to review our good point and the not so good ones.

We do not want people to take sunbeds to their rooms, because we think their place is by the pool side, that is why we charge 6€ per sunbed and day if you want to take it to the villa.

We really much apologise about the drinks problem. It is not normall at all. It is iportant to report every problem at the reception.

Having a late check out depends on the availability unfortunately. Remember thta if you want to keep the room untill 15:00 is just 20€ per villa.

We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future!

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Good rooms, staff good & friendly ,food sometimes great & other times OK. Don't forget to take some warm coats for the evening as it's very windy!! There were always plenty of sunbeds & a mixture of nationalitys Spanish, Italian, Dutch English & German.

Dear SHAUN C,

First of all, thank you very much for taking a time to review the VIK Club Coral Beach.

It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your time with us.

We are looking forward to seeing you in th near future.

Anxa Martínez.

Been to VIK Club Coral Beach? Share your experiences!