Stayed here as an RCI Exchange.
Complex is part timeshare owned and part outright owned and contains around 100x 1 and 2 bedroom villas. The grounds are well kept and secure. We had a 1 bedroom villa with very well equipped kitchen, TV (including mainly English channels), DVD player, CD player. Villa was very well kept, very well furnished and clean and tidy. Bedroom contained 2 single beds which were a little hard but comfortable. If you ask reception will deliver mattress toppers to soften the mattresses. Lots of wardrobe space too.
Bathroom appeared to be newly refurbished and full bath, shower etc.
Change over day was a Thursday with the villa being cleaned on the Monday.
On site there is a very large swimming pool, bar, restaurant, games room, 2 tennis courts, and small supermarket. Reception also has a large book swap / library. All staff encountered were friendly and helpful.
Location: within 10 min walk to the sea front where there is a wide selection of restaurants and shops. Close to the main bus station and plenty of car parking if you have a hire car. There is a larger supermarket across the road which is cheaper than the onsite market.
All-in-all a lovely place to stay but a few drawbacks:
1. NO FREE WIFI. But they charge 10€ per week for wifi access. Speed was good 50% of the time, the rest of the time I had problems connecting.
2. They appeared to water the gardens with reclaimed water. The water stinks and we often found there was a terrible stench around the villa! This contributed to the large amount of mosquitoes that were everywhere
3. They charge 25€ per week for electric and water. Plus take a mandatory 10€ deposit for beach/pool towels.
4. Swimming pool was supposed to be heated but it seems very cold to me.
- Also Known As:
- Las Brisas Hotel Playa Blanca
- Las Brisas Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca