“Good location, friendly staff, cheap, basic all in all ok for a hostel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Norte

Save Saved
You added Hostal Norte to your Saves list
Hostal Norte
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barcelona 7, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
“Good location, friendly staff, cheap, basic all in all ok for a hostel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I was very worried about staying in this hostel due to the reviews written. However it was pleasantly surprised.

Hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and worked hard to give you a good service.

Our room was big enough, with a view of the pool. Bed where ok! Basic. Safe was in our room. The cleaner didn't do much while we were there but it's a basic hostel, what do you expect. But generally the hotel was clean and tidy. No air conditioning thou!!! Wouldn't stay anywhere in July without air con (my personal opinion).

Meet some great people by the pool who where stating at the hostel. Food was cheap but very nice and we were so local to everything in San it was easy to get around but entertaining watching everyone trying to get themselves home after a night down the West End, drunk. Haha. It's like a maze and all the streets look the same. So when your drunk... It proves difficult to find your hotel/hostel.

Good place to stay if you need basic, shower, sleep and then back out to experience the Party Island of ibiza.

• Stayed July 2012

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wrexham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Not to sure where to start.......... ok so id like to say firstly that i am NOT A SNOB!! i have travelled to many parts of the world including 3rd world countries, and stayed in some good hostels and some very bad hostels, this unfortunatly falls under the very bad catergory!

this was my 7th consecutive year at Ibiza for the famous Radio 1 week, and apart from this dump of a hostel i had a cracking time, however due to not being able to sleep because of the heat and cleanliness of the hostel i ended my holiday 3 days early ;-( the room we were given had 1 plug socket so we could only fit 1 fan in a room of 3 and if we wanted to charge a phone.......listen to music......we'd have to turn the fan off so ladies......say bye to hairdryers..... straighteners unless u wanna melt!! oooh and i forgot to mention we didn't have a balcony either AND IT GETS BETTER we didn't have anyone clean, no fresh towels and no clean sheets by day 4, i did ask why and the manager said unless we ask how are they meant to know it needs cleaning? haaaaa 3 people in a room the size of a shoe box in 35 degrees heat with no fans or air con.......... doesn't take a rocket scientist 'does it???' would prob have been more comfortable in a prison ha! seriously the place is a joke!!!

I did take my complaints to the hotel manager on the first day he's an English guy so thought i might get somewhere (i was wrong), i asked if we could maybe swap rooms maybe get one with a balcony or maybe one a little bigger.........his reply to me was they were full and no one is guaranteed a balcony so basically like it or lump it...............the day after i asked for a fan he did provide us with one for what use it was!! soooo my 2ND and 3rd night i found a solution to not being able to sleep due to the heat and the tiles on the bathroom floor were it!! yep that's where i slept my head nicely placed next to the toilet, GREAT!! soo the day after we walked the streets of ibiza looking for another hotel but with it being the Radio 1 week everywhere was full sooo i booked the next flight outta there ;-(

I never thought id be someone who'd say ' a hotel ruined my holiday but quite frankly....IT DID!!!! I will be returning to the party Island again next year but will be staying as far away from this [--] HOLE as possible and if your lucky enough to read this before you book you should do the same!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Excellent value for the money stayed there for a week room was cleaned everyday with clean towels the pool was very clean and the staff where very help Full. Nothing went missing out of the room we had a safe and did not even use it. If ya want a cheap hotel in a top location look no further.

• Stayed June 2012
Winchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just got home from 10 days in norte and couldnt be happier! Service was brilliant n the rooms where everything we needed and clean! Lovely pool, had sunshine all day every day! All the staff were lovely although we pissed the night porter off every night! Paco is an absolute babe, just a bit too big to squeeze into my suitcase! Paul looked after us the whole holiday n made great eye candy ;)!

The worst review you will read states everyone will steal from you but in my opinion the guy MUST of been on drugs the entire holiday as there is no safes behind the reception desk and cctv cameras all over the hotel. As for the '65 year old cleaner' that was supposedly someone to watch out for she was lush n sorted us out fresh towels etc first thing in the mornings and never stopped smiling despite having the worst job in the world! We had a nice room but unfortunately the only room in the hotel with no safe, however I've honestly never felt safer leaving my money out and my door wide open!

I never intend on staying anywhere else in ibiza and thoroughly recommend it!!

P.S. look out for zack ;) and stay away from gary :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel will steal off you. When me my friend and 2 other friends entered here we were warned that things go missing from the rooms, the cleaner is the only person with a key.we went for dinner on our second evening I returned to my room to find it unlocked to my horror my stereo my clothes every thing was gone,they filled up my own suitcase with my own stuff I was left with what I was standing in, I reported it straite to reception he laffed said it wasn't his problem,I said I wanted to ring the police to which his reply was they will do nothing, through out our stay people were complaining that phones money passports clothes all sorts were missing, to cut a long story short the police came 5 hours later and were not interested, stay here at your own risk it's cheap for a reason watch out for the old female cleaner about 65yrs old it's a family run hotel so I guess there all in on it, ask any hotels close to there and they will tell you some stories of that place, I've bin to Ibiza 7 times and only stopped here because some one else booked it, it totally ruined my holiday these people have no respect people come and go week in week out wish I listened to what other guests told me.there is no safes in the rooms all safes are at reception even things go missing from the safes. See reviews on here, please do not stop here there are other better safer places if your on a budget

• Stayed July 2011
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Super basic Hostal but clean, staff very friendly. Stayed here a couple of times so it can't be that bad. Biggest complaint is the size of the beds, I am only 5'8" and managed to find the the beds a touch on the short side lol.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Negative: If you're planning on going in the summer I would avoid as there is no air conditioning or room fans. It was unbearable. The rooms are tiny as it the bathroom and it feels claustrophobic especially when it's so hot.
Positive: The staff are very helpful and friendly and the food is great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hostal Norte? Share your experiences!