I have stayed in Ibiza in the bay 4 times now and this was a perfect hotel for our girls holiday.
- The pool was often completely free so sunbeds were never an issue and it was very often quiet.
- The staff were very friendly, sometimes giggled when we crawled in at 7am.
- Very spacious and clean room, cleaned every 2 days and new towels and bed sheets were replaced.
- Never bothered by noise at all.
- We slept in on our last morning and so checked out of our room an hour late, but were charged nothing extra and still sent out with a smile.
- Location was great, out of the way enough to be quiet daytime, but close enough to the strip of the bay that you were still only 5 mins away at night time.
- No men came in trying to sell you hats and glasses etc, and we were only pestered by 1 person trying to sell us club tickets. Have stayed in several hotels in the bay where you can't read a page of your book without being pestered by someone trying to sell you something!
- These 'self catering' apartments didn't have kettles, sharp knifes (could barely cut a piece of cheese with the knifes we had), scissors or tin openers. All things I would say were essential in a hotel you are presumably cooking for yourself in.
- The shower went hot and cold all the time, presumably when others were using it but could be very painful when scalding water suddenly came down on your sunburn!
- We were pestered by some Italian boys staying opposite us who rang our apartment phone and put notes under our door. The apartment phone I could understand would be useful if you had friends in other rooms, but it was unsettling that anyone (particularly the men who were pestering us) could ring us so easily.
- Whilst the pool bar is cheap and chirpy, we were very disappointed when ordered a 'mixed leaf salad' and we're presented with what I can only describe as a plate of dirty/going off lettuce. Often I find you pay for what you get, but even for 4 euros no one deserves dirty lettuce.
- There was no rep whilst we were there (don't know if there was supposed to be or not). This was annoying for us as previously we have bought our club tickets from a rep (someone we know we can rely on) so we had to risk it this year. We are very wary of buying fake tickets as we know many people try to sell them, we bought our tickets this year from Mar I pins where David sold us some which were authentic.
- The room made lots of strange creeky noises which if sober could keep you up for a long time and cause a very disturbed sleep (I am usually a very heavy sleeper, asleep as soon as my head reaches any pillow!)
Overall the hotel worked for us, it was quiet for us to lounge by the pool getting over our hangovers during the day, and quiet enough night time that we were never kept up. There isn't much to the apartments, they are clean and plain, definitely not luxury but worth staying in and very worth the price we paid, especially if you are going on a club holiday, where all you do is sleep in your room. We probably would have cooked had we had the utensils we required.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartaments suitable for couples, familys and people who want enjoy a quiet and relaxing holidays.Far away from the noisy area but close to shops and leisure locals.Two minutes from the airport bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Estudios Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Estudios Tropicana Ibiza, Spain