“a girls few days away trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia de San Antonio Apartments

You added Bahia de San Antonio Apartments to your Saves list
Bahia de San Antonio Apartments
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Cala de Bou, 07830 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Oxford, United Kingdom
“a girls few days away trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

great location near the beach and view of sunset.
lots of sun loungers around pool.
reasonably priced restaurant and bar.
helpful staff.
clean basic rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weeks holiday here.We got a very good deal (cheap) and was a bit weary to be honest before going.The rooms although basic have everything you need..we were staying b&b but our room was equipped with aircon,sofa bed, kettle,toaster,microwave,fridge,plate and cutlery and even a 2 ring hob! Only negative to mention is the colour of the water when having a shower..when running the hot water it turned a muddy brown..after running for a while it cleared but is a little off putting!
The pool area was very quiet and is well kept..smaller pool for little kids.Only thing to mention here is there was no lifeguard on duty which to be fair is clearly stated on a sign by the pool.
Breakfast offered is mainly what you would expect of an english breakfast, however I did request things that wernt on the menu and the staff were happy to oblige. Staff were helpful but as someone else previously mentioned let you do your own thing. Taxi cost us around 25euro each way from airport.
Lots of bars etc opposite and surrounding the hotel, however once you have shut the bedroom door and bathroom window it seem to keep most of the noise out and could get a good night sleep.
Would return and recommend this hotel to friends looking for some sun, sea and a relaxed holiday :)

Room Tip: We used 'on the beach'' travelsite
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Brilliant valur for money, perfect location not too busy not too quiet. Asked for a sea veiw balcony which we got, rooms were spot on exactly what should be expected! Staff just let you be and do your own thing, but were helpful when needed! would definatly reccomend to any one, a will definatly be going back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

We booked these apartments independantly to return to Ibiza on a budget having previously stayed at the Hotel Pacific in 2008.

The only negative is the original location was given as much nearer to the centre of San Antonio, but we received an email from the website before we flew informing us of the revised location, and the option to change our booking (this was NOT the hotels fault)

On the plus side though (and there were many) The apartments we spacious and clean with more crockery that I have previously seen in a sc apartment (not that we used much of it!) and the pool area was never so busy we couldnt get 4 sunbeds together.
if you want to go to the beach it is just a short walk up the road, and if you are hiring a car we got great rates from the office opposite the hotel and you can park behind the hotel for free.

The shop beside and owned by the hotel is cheap for drinks and they do crisps, bread, cheese and the basics if you want to make food in the apartment but all the local restaurants were cheap enough so we ate breakfast out locally (around 3-4E including tea/coffee) and dinner locally or in san antonio nearer the town (more pricy nearer town though)

One tip i would suggest is get the number of a local taxi when you first get one and call for taxis as the hotel is on a LONG stretch of one way road and so it is nearly impossible to flag a taxi to go into town on a night! Taxis into town work out about 7-10E which considering the bargain hotel really isnt bad if there are a couple of you or more

All in all VERY impressed especially give the price

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Having previously stayed here last year with my family, we came back without the kids to celebrate my 40th birthday.
The location is great, plenty to do in the bay, and close enough to venture into San Antonio itself, loads of lovely bars and places to eat. The bar opposite is quite lively but as most of the rooms face the other way, its very quiet at night. New sun loungers around the pool and always quite enough not to have to get down to the pool early to reserve your spot!
We again had a lovely room with seaview, Pepe, the manager was as friendly as ever and was very helpful. Beds were made and rooms cleaned each day. However, we also heard stories of theft during our stay. I'd taken all my birthday cards with me and had £50 which my father in law had given me. I didn't put this money in the safe (my fault) and when I returned home, realised the money wasn't with me. I cannot pin the blame on anyone - I may have misplaced it, or even put it in the bin by mistake, but if you decide to come to these apartments, my advise is get a safe deposit, its only €3 per day.
I would certainly come back to these apartments just be a bit more careful with what I leave in my room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

For the price we paid we couldn't complain, didn't expect the Ritz but this was good and the location perfect as it was surrounded by bars & restaurants, bar opposite was noisy until 03.00 hours which was to be expected.
BEWARE OF THIEFS, my wife noticed a man attempting to break into a room and reported it to the Manager, he didn't appear to be bothered and was trying to make excuses saying it was probably a mistake and it was somebody trying to gain access to the wrong room, we pointed out on a few occasions tht the guy was trying to force the door and fled when challenged but he was still not bothered.
The following day a young lady and her partner had around £1000 worth of cash and possessions robbed from their room, the same manager refused to contact the police.
Conversations with other guests revealed that thieving was rife here, This was a real shame as otherwise we were very happy with the place.
If you choose to stay here then invest in a safe.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We arrived at this hotel about 2am after a long day only to be told by a man at reception that it was full and no room for us,you see we had booked this 5 months in advance so they had plenty of time to tell us that they had given our three rooms to some one else.I my wife,my daughter,my son inlaw,and my 4 grandchridren were then marched down the road for about 150 meters with all our cases to the Maritm hotel this dump was full of groups of boys and groups of girls on a bender not a very nice place at all.The company had (in thier words)had upgraded us to half board a canteen like the one we ate in I have not seen the like of since I stayed to school dinners back in the 60s.The food was full of grease so we ate out all the holiday.My advise to you is to phone and check if they had a place for you first.We looked forward to this holiday for so long only for it to turn out to be a nightmare from start to finish.I myself have been through open heart surgery and cancer cut out of my left lung so to have to drag a full suitcase 150 meters down the road at 2am is a bit thoughtless of the company not that they cared.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Bahia de San Antonio Apartments? Share your experiences!