We were very pleased with this hotel but we were very fortunate to be placed in mar amantis 1 as mar amantis 2 was full of drunken rowdy people.
Food- we stayed all inclusive and we were happy with the quality and the variety of food on offer, we had always found something we wanted to eat, and it wasn't unknown for us to have 5 plates each at each meal. They always had chips, salad and pasta for dinner and tea, and always a full English breakfast for breakfast. Along with that they sereved pancakes, steaks, fish, tuna steak, muscles, chicken in different sauces; we really did believe that they had something to suit everyone.
Drinks- There was a vast amount of free drinks, from soft drinks, hot drinks, coctails, spirits ect. All though if you weren't on all inclusive we believed that 5 euros for a small alcoholic drink was over priced.
Staff- all staff were very friendly in mar amantis 1, they all really made your stay pleasurable.
Other guests- we were worried about our hotel just being filled with young people going out partying every night as it was San Antonio however mar amantis 1 was so relaxed, and was filled with couples and families and a few younger people. However mar amantis 2 was full of younger people.
The room- the room was basic, you needed to put down a deposit for the remote, but if your English there is no point bothering as there are only 2 english channels, both the news. The rooms were always really clean and we had a lovely view from our balcony. The beds are comfortable and there is a fully working air conditioning system.
The area- the hotel is situated on the bay so that you are looking onto the san antonio strip, easy to get their either by walking or by water taxi. You are close enough to experiance the livelier side of san Antonio but at the same time far enough away to get some peace and relax if that's what you want. The beaches are not very big but they are not crowded so you would always be able to find room. There are tones of water activities that you can do from just outside the hotel, all reasonable priced, there are also loads of restaurants and bars which you can visit if you don't want to go to the west end which is more suited to families, we really loved ocean which has just been built.
Snacks- snacks are only served in mar amantis 2 however if you are at mar amantis 1 you can still get them. The snack are not of the same quality as the meals, but they are left to just one person. Still there is quite a large variety on offer.
Entertainment- unfortunately we didn't realises that there was any entertainment as we spent all of our time in mar amantis 1, as they didn't advertise the entertainment we had no idea. All entertainment and activities are held in mar amantis 2, although mar amantis 1 customers can use it they may not be aware of what is on offer.
Activities- the activities although free to use they only are availiable on select times on select days, and are only in mar amantis 2. There is also no advertisement of these activities in hotel 1.
We really did have a lovely time here and would love to go back, however we would only do so if we were garenteed a place on mar amantis 1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Child friendly Hotel The azuLine Hotel Mar Amantis complex, made up of two separate buildings, is situated in San Antonio bay in Ibiza. One of the buildings is on the seafront and the other barely 100 m away, with a garden area and swimming pools. Both buildings provide all the services and comforts you need to enjoy a truly unforgettable holiday by the beach.There is a shopping centre nearby with a wide range of shops, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your azuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azuline Hoteles Mar Amantis i & Ii Hotel Sant Antoni De Portmany
- Azuline Hoteles Mar Amantis i And Ii
- AzuLine Hoteles Mar Amantis I & II Ibiza, Spain