“Great Value! close to everything!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Florencio Hostal

You added Florencio Hostal to your Saves list
Florencio Hostal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Soledad 38, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“Great Value! close to everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just come back from our stay in the Florencio. We stayed in a premium room on the 4th floor. The room was very clean and spacious. We had 2 large balconies and a much needed mini fridge. Our room was not ready at first so they allocated us a small basic room on the first floor for us to wait in. This small room was rubbish. It was tiny and had one window looking out to a brick wall! Finally we were moved to our room about an hour later. The maid cleaned the room around 2pm every day apart from a Sunday. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke very good English. The hostal was less than 5 minutes walk to the west end and the staff did not mind when our friends from other hotels came to our room for pre-drinks or after parties. If you are planning on a quiet holiday DO NOT stay here. You are right next to Ibiza rocks Hotel and so close to the west end that you hear the music from the bars right up until 6am. We loved it here though. The atmosphere was great and we will definitely be going back!!!!

Room Tip: Book a premium room and request a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with two other girls. we are between the age of 21-26. We arrived on the 9th July and stayed for 10 nights. The reception desk is always manned. The hotel lobby and restuarant is so clean and the food is great. We went half board which included continental breakfast buffet (we are not fans of continental but never woke up for breakfast anyway) The dinner was great however- you are given a menu and can spend up to a 10euro value and simply pay extra if you go over...you can easily stay within the price range! The food was as good as any english resturant which is great. The staff are all very nice. There is a lady on the reception desk named Rocio, who I would like to mention as I had my mobile phone taken from the room and I called the hotel once I was back in England and she helped me file a police report as I cannot speak enough Spanish...I would be screwed if she hadn't helped me! Back to the hotel...the important bits are...

- Make sure you push your bedroom door once shutting it to ensure it is closed because you have to slam it or people can push their way in (the electronic key card system makes u think it closes once you drop the door)
- The hotel is busy and located around shops and restuarants
- 10 min walk to the beach
- 5 min walk to the west end
- in the little shops everything is standard price eg vodka is around 16 euro for a litre and cigarettes around 4.60 euro
- The west end is so cheap by the way...you WILL get drink deals cheap - people say Ibiza is expensive but it is not that bad...THE BIG CLUBS ARE but drink before you go out and dont get a taxi home because most of the big clubs are not in san antonio so its more pricey.
-You will pay between 16-25euro for a spirit and mixer in the big clubs.
- dont buy club tickets on the beach - PHOTO SHOW at the bottom of the strip is good.
- You are a 2 minute walk from Ibiza Rocks hotel.
- the main bus station is near the beach and the egg and return buses to the big clubs are usually included in your ticket price. if not then they are dirt cheap.
- dont swim in san antionio sea...its pure sewage
- return boats go to cala bassa, cala conta and reggae beach which are clear seas - max youll pay is a 9euro return to cala conta.
- The staff are very laid back at this hotel in terms of bringing 'guests' back and they dont care about noise levels with music. The music will go on until around 1am (when everyone heads out)

Over all the hotel was so good for the money and DID NOT feel like a hostal. I would happily stay here again but definately use the safe as its only 3euro per day!

Room Tip: Request a balcony as if not you will get a window
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

i stayed here a few years ago and it was a bit grubby to say the least, but this time I spent a long 'hen' weekend here with 16 other girls and was very impressed. They have given it a good makeover and it really made a difference to my stay.
The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and the service was good.
The on-site cafe served great food at reasonable prices. The sun terrace and pool was small but very convenient - plus the waitress service on the sun terrace was fab.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks with my boyfriend, arrived at the hotel but initially we were taken to a different set of apartments a few blocks down which were horrible, complained and then got moved back to the main building - I feel like they just try this on with everyone. After that everything went ok, I would ask for a balcony room, as probably only 25% of the rooms have one. If you plan on sleeping then don't stay here! We were out most nights until 5am or so, but still had interrupted sleep due to people shouting and slamming doors right through till about 9am. Pool area is ok, not many beds and pool is shaded alot of the time so get up early n put a towel out! Food in the hotel is cheap and pretty decent, and it's a 2/3 minute walk to the west end. All in all it's really good value for money and I probably would stay again for that price, just be prepared!

• Stayed June 2013
Tring, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

For a cheap hotel thats close to the wentend this place is perfect. Rooms are nice, cleaned every day and the pool is ok. Wifi is really slow but does work in the rooms. On site restaurent is great for food or drinks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Being slightly older than the average San Antonio tourist my accomodation expectations were not too high but on arriving here I was amazed. The room on the 4th floor (premium accomadation) was excellent. Very modern, clean, air conditioned and with a plasma tv no less!
The surprises kept coming in the restaurant with an excellent selection of food which was never dissapointing.
The hotel was great!

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for a premium room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here for two week in July AGAIN, although I was on my own the staff especially Lo_Lo made me feel at home, absolutely love this hostal. Only thing that I would advise about is if your room on arrival has no balcony do not hesitate to ask for a room that as, the staff will change your room no problem. The thing about this place is the street, it's got a really good vibe about it, AND THE SHIP INN IS JUST A 5 MINUTE WALK UP THE ROAD WHICH IS A GOOD PLACE TO USE AS YOUR LOCAL, EQUALLY THE STAFF THERE ARE SOUND AS WELL........DEFO RECOMEND THIS PLACE.........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Florencio Hostal? Share your experiences!