“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Reco des Sol

Save Saved
You added Reco des Sol to your Saves list
Reco des Sol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Es Vedra 16, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Absolutley excellent hotel with very helpful & friednly staff. The rooms were cleaned daily without fail & the air conditioning in the room was again, excellent. Great location with Only 10 minute walk to San An' Strip (West End) and also the res/bars on the Bay. I would probably say this was a 'younger' hotel but also would say suitable for all as long as you don't mind a litle bit of noise at night (I pressume this is the same with hotels all over ibiza)

The pool & pool bar were excellent & i would recommend the food at the pool bar as we enjoyed everything on offer. There is no need to get up early to get a sunbed as there are plenty on offer and we always managed to get a sunbed, even if we didnt get to the pool until 11/12 o'clock. There is a SPAR only 2 minutes away so you can easily stock up on food & drink. Overall we had a great stay & i would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms situated in the garden area were great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was here with my husband and 4 year old son. We absolutely loved the place! :) it was one of the best holidays we've ever had!. We went for seven 7 days. The location was excellent,very near san antonio (10 mins walk) and 2 mins to the beaches. This meant our hotel was quiet enough to enjoy a relaxing holiday,and venture into san antonio when we feel like it.

The hotel facilities were really good,air con worked,good kitchenette,nice spacious apartment,and we had a balcony over looking the sea.

The pool was excellent,relaxed atmosphere and a wide range of age groups using it.

There is a bus stop directly outside the hotel which takes you to san antonio if you didnt want to walk.Its only 5 min bus ride.

The restaurants we enjoyed and we recommend are:

* Itaca
* The Curry Palace
* El Flama
* ses savines

The local shops and spar suppermarkets sold everything you need. There is a wonderful fruit and veg shop around the corner,we used to buy fresh water melon to eat and cool us down - yum!

We would recommend this holiday to our friends and family and would DEFINITELY go back in the future :)

Dee M

Room Tip: Can request balcony view by the pool where you can hear music (music ends at about 8pm) or balcon...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ibiza Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was here with a friend and we had no problems. The service was good and at the poolbar they were great. The room was good only the bed were hard to sleep on. We stayed here with full joy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SCUNTHORPE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We booked this through an online company and read about it on here.

We couldn't fault the place, the rooms were big, well stocked up with the usual stuff, clean and well looked after considering it was a place for stag and hen doos etc.

The pool was really good and the bar was well appointed with loads of different stuff to try. The staff were nice enough as well.

I would recommend this hotel to all sorts of people whether its a family break or a stag do as its only minutes away from the pubs and clubs but far enough away to be quiet without the booming music all day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
AJCV66, Manager at Reco des Sol, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We thank you for your positive and constructional commentary, we hope to see you and your friends back on your next visit to Ibiza.
Kindest regards,

The Reco des Sol.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

ok so you get what you pay for..... we got what we paid for 30 times over, if your going to ibiza to party and use the room to get dressed and go to sleep then this will beat those expectations,the air con worked we paid 3 euros a day for the safe we had a kitchen and the rooms are big enough to sleep four. Pool was clean and staff were okay but we didnt go to this hotel for great customer service! I am booking to go back in August. If you want to go on a family holiday then why the hell are looking at ibiza!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
AJCV66, Manager at Reco des Sol, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Jessica,

we are glad to hear you had a good time with us, looking forward to your arrival in August. please have a drink with us at the pool bar, we invite!

The Reco des Sol
Bathgate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We've just got back from staying at the Reco Des Sol, on first impressions it seemed okay until we got to our room to find the air conditioning was not working at all in the whole hotel. The male receptionist gave us 2 fans, but when its 20 degrees during the night it is very uncomfortable and that was with the windows and balcony door open too!

One of the female receptionist's (the one with the long hair and glasses) needs to attend some sort of Customer Service training as hers was non existent, her attitude was appalling.

The hotel does allow you to do a late check out for 25Euro's, if you prefer not to do this they do have shower rooms for you to use, however there is no air con in this room and the shower has seen better days and by the time you have been showered and dressed you will need another shower, so I would say pay the 25Euros.

Location wise was great as you are at the start of the Bay and about a 5-10 min walk to the beach and where the hotel is its in a peaceful location away from San Antonio town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for the last five years but never again !
The best thing about this hotel and what I love are the views out over the bay
This time the room I was given 002 was a box on the ground floor
There were no windows only a patio door with a difficult lock you had to struggle with
Directly opposite were other rooms so you could not even open the curtains
The smell of damp and mould was overpowering and you could not use the wardrobe because of the stink
The air conditioner made a noise but made no difference to the room temperature that I nicknamed the oven, it was so hot that I had to keep coming out of the room for air
Even the air conditioner engineer and receptionist gasped at the heat
I tried to get the room changed but the reception staff acted like I was complaining about nothing I was told the hotel was full and there were no other rooms. I did ask to be moved to another hotel but they did nothing
I arrived Thursday night and by Sunday morning unable to sleep in the hot smelly oven I had red eyes, bags down to my knees, tired and emotional all I could do was cry which is not quite the holiday I had in mind
They did change me on Sunday to an apartment which had air-conditioning that I never used because I was so happy to have windows, air and to see the sunshine
I could of paid less than a £100 for a basic hostel which would of been better than room 002 but I paid nearly 3 times more to have the great views and air conditioning which by the time I got the decent room I was so tired and exhausted
The last straw for me was when using the shower room having given up my room for a late flight, They wanted me to pay a euro to use a towel !
I will return to Ibiza which I love but never to this hotel as a customer of several years I would like to think I would of been treated much better than this

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, never take a room on the ground floor If the room number starts 00 just say no...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Reco des Sol? Share your experiences!