“Bear in mind €12.00ph to use the pool €84.00pw” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bellamar Hotel

You added Bellamar Hotel to your Saves list
Bellamar Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Retir 1 | Playa de Es Pouet, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
London
“Bear in mind €12.00ph to use the pool €84.00pw”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I chose this hotel particularly because it had an indoor heated pool, as most 4 star hotels do. I like to have a swim. I thought I had done my research well, and did not see anything about charges for the pool. You can imagine my disappointment when I arrived to find it was €12.00 per hour to use. (In 2012 probably more now.) I know his charging for hotel amenities is something that has become very popular recently, but I think the pool, inside or outside, is not something that should not be chargeable. And these rate are extortionate. The indoor pool is extremely small anyway, and there was no discount for the week. I was told that I could have up to 11 friends for the same hourly rate which would only be €1.00 each. But as I was alone, this didn't help me. The outdoor pool is not heated. Which I am shore would be fine between June to early September but mid Sept. on I can tell you its cold. I really hope they get rid of this ridiculous charge, as I didn't see anyone else in the pools inside or out my entire stay. Its a shame because apart from that it's a pretty OK hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
emsahotels, Director de Recepción at Bellamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments although a little belated. The use of both the hotels pool are completely free of charge. The indoor pool is open to all guest's during the morning but, in the afternoon is part of the spa circuit. It is possible that you misunderstood the information given by the hotel staff. The price per hour for the use of the spa facilities during your stay, indoor pool included was 12 euros per person for the Open Spa Circuit.
I would also like to inform you and future guest's, that from last summer the hotel has an outdoor jacuzzi with a capacity of seven people wich is also free of charge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we stayed here in augut 2012 on our mini honeymoon. We wanted to be near to the nightlife but far enough away to be able to sleep at night. This is exactly what we got. the hotel is pretty quiet, not many noisy teenagers keeping us up all night.

The rooms were alway clean, even if you had the 'do not disturb' sign on the door, the cleaners popped back later and cleaned up.

We stayed half board, i'm not normally a fan of this, but we only paid about £20 each extra to go half board so we thought it was worth it. It definately was. There was a wide selection of salads, meats, pizza, fish and some cooked to order. The best part was dessert, on the first night we walked in the restaurant and they had a chocolate fountain so i was happy!

The pool area is lovely, great sunbeds and even a few actual beds, although you need to get up early for these!

If we returned to Ibiza, we would definately look up this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in July 2012 loved every minute and did not want our holiday to end. Perfectly located overlooking the bay and within easy reach of shops, bars and clubs. We had a sea view room and enjoyed the amazing Ibiza sunsets each evening. The hotel is modern and very clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful , nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are very spacious and of a high standard. The entertainment was good and well varied we watched a lone sax player one evening performing by the pool from our balcony whilst enjoying the sunset a quality, chilled moment! Food great and all round excellent value. We have booked already for 2013 definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view worth extra supplement you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We love the hotel and staff we get great service David beck ham at bar look alike of course
lol and our favourite staff are on reception and in the dining room brilliant we will be back !
Always clean and the food is the best ever very high standards with good entertainment
Thanks for a great stay always

Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two weeks end of August/ beginning of September with a view to go have a relaxing holiday while visiting a few clubs/closing parties.

This hotel was perfect, far enough away from the craziness of the centre of San Antonio but close enough to visit when you want.

The pool was brilliant (however a little on the chilly side - perfect though for helping soothe a hangover), as was the room. We didn't pay extra for the sea view, but as our room faced south, we got one anyway, plus a view of the island's hills.

The hotel was extremely quiet and relaxed. If you're looking for a party hotel, this is not the one for you, but it is ideal if you want to dip into the party scene when you want but get a good nights sleep.

We went half board as we had a budget and the food was lovely. We did eat out on a couple of evenings so to compensate for not having dinner you can get a packed lunch instead. Just ask at reception, however they do need to know the day before.

If you can, hire a car. We found some amazing beaches away from the crowds, especially towards the north of the island. Also head to the tallest point on the island, the view is breathtaking. Also a wonder around the tiny historic streets of Ibiza Town makes for a lovely afternoon.

For clubbing, it's all about Cream at Amnesia, quite simply the best night out on the island by far. If there is a night you fancy at Hotel Ushuia (opposite Space), that is worth a visit too. F**k Me I'm Famous at Pacha is good, however you do feel a little like a sardine!

If we go back to Ibiza again, we would certainly stay at Hotel Bellamar.

• Stayed September 2012
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Arrived here by the shuttle bus outside the Airport. I would recommend this as a lot cheaper than a Taxi and drops you right near the Hotel.

Impressions were that the Hotel is Spotless and Clean. I never smelt anything bad such as another reviewer has suggested. And I stayed here in September 2012 for 1 week.

Receptionists were helpful and quite laid back but in a nice/ good way!

I had a room with a sea view and the views were Amazing looking out over the bay.

The room was clean, spacious and the beds were comfortable no complaints here. At night it is peaceful here too.

Restaurant had a good variety of Food ( I was 1/2 Board ) and is nice so a good option.

My main complaint with this hotel was that the outdoor pool was Freezing Cold, I had a quick 10 min dip in it and that was it for the week. The Sea is warmer so would recommend that over the pool. Considering the pool was empty all week would suggest that everyone there felt the same. Shame really as I would liked to have had a swim each day. This isn't good enougth for a Hotel of this Standard. However the Pool was Clean and the outdoor Jacussi was a nice touch.

From a personal point of view as a young single person it would have been nice to have met new people, however the people that stay at this Hotel tend to be middleaged + or Couples and has that atmosphere to suit so felt a bit out of place, but the reason I came here was to take it easy, so got the second part right.

It is a nice walk to San An town centre and Clubs but to Cafe del Mar/ Mambos it is a bit of a trek/ 30 min walk.

Lucky Lucky's were a bit annoying along the strip, tip : don't shake their hand if the females come up and greet you as they dont let go anytime soon.

Note if you are going to the Clubs you cannot pre-book Taxis on Ibiza they only come when you phone.Therefore there can be a wait on popular club nights.On a really popular nights don't wait walk into town and get the party bus!

My mark is 4 / very good, could have been 5 if it had a warmer outdoor swimming pool!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in June, we found the place clean and welcoming. It’s location, just across from the beach and the prom into the “busy part “ of the resort, was ideal. We had a room overlooking the pool and out into the bay and we have some fantastic photos of the bay. The room was big enough for us, the down side of it was there was no umbrella on the balcony and as the sun was on it from morning until it set, so we couldn’t use it much. There weren’t enough parasols around the pool either, but the narrow side of the pool area was in shade most of the day, so we sat there. We go for the heat, not the sun. Snacks from the pool side were good and the beer cool. Best of all, there was no “motivator” trying to enliven everyone during the day. At night there was entertainment on in the Bellamar or one of the neighbouring hotels each night , but everything stopped at midnight. Food in the restaurant was OK, but the atmosphere tended to be a bit of a canteen, however, we both found something we liked and there was plenty of it. Out and about, the train / bus into the hills was worth a go. The walk along the prom into where the night clubs are was really nice (we aren’t night club people so we didn’t stay there) There’s speed boats and other activities for those who want them. Eating out wasn’t high on our agenda as we ate in the hotel most nights, but there were some half decent places. We would go back, which is the best compliment i can think of.

Room Tip: get one overlooking the pool but ask for an umbrella
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bellamar Hotel? Share your experiences!