“All went well until the robberies” 1 of 5 stars
Review of THB Ibiza Mar

You added THB Ibiza Mar to your Saves list
THB Ibiza Mar
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   82 carrer de ramon muntaner, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
London, United Kingdom
“All went well until the robberies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Two friends an I arrived in the early hours of 11 June 2013 and stayed for 7 nights. First couple of days went well but we realised the following.

Meals : The hotel does serve some food over and over till it's finished which means you can get some stale crusty food served to you breakfast and for lunch. My advise is to go early to eat as food goes quickly and you not left with to much choice otherwise.

Noise : Yes this is mostly for the 18-30 crowd and was at times noisy, but have stayed in much noisier places in the past. I can't complain to much about the other guests but will mention when folks leave their balcony door open and they leave their room, you find that the door slams really loudly due to wind which can get irritating quickly.

Security and Robberies : It's kind of wierd that the balcony doors cannot lock in each room. It does have latches which serve no purpose as you can easely enter the room. Yeah, good thing I stayed in one night as that same night 7 rooms got robbed. 1600 euros got taken from one room incuding mobile phones and clothing. Good thing I shop at Primark as one victim had pretty expensive clothing go missing. The robberies included the bad guys taking passports from one safe which does make me think it was an inside job. However most people like we did, hid the safe key somewhere close to the safe so any thief with half a brain could easely find it if he looked hard enough. So do take it with you. What happened in the end was that we ended up going out with all the contents of our safe as we trusted no one ... which is to say the least an inconvenience. One victim stated that Spanish police was completely useless. They asked the officer if they can report the theft to him, to which he responded he could not as it was ... a sunday !?! He told them to get a cab to the police station to report it which meant a 30 euro cab ride for people who had just lost a lot of cash. Hotel staff completely denied that any staff where involved which isnt to much of a suprise. So my advise is don't bring any expensive items with you.

Staff : Sometimes very helpfull and friendly, especially at the front desk. Bar staff can be rude, which is not ideal but they work in hot weather and for long hours so I do try to be understanding, but one oriental staff member took an instant dislike to me and refused to serve me more than one drink after doing so to other guests. I complained about him as he repeatedly was rude towards me however realised nothing would happen. One barman whose english was poor and I could not understand what he was saying, replied with a spanish swear word which is rude and not neccesary. Good thing I swore back at him in my own mother tongue just for good measure.

So all in all it was a pretty crappy stay. I would not recommend this hotel at any cost. Just to many things counts against it.

Room Tip: Ask for rom 016 ... has a nice view of the pool, but would advise not to use this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Group of 3 girls travelling!! For what this hotel cost and what we went for this was an excellent hotel!! After reading the bad reviews I was worried but changed our veiw VERY quickly when we got there! Check in very fast and efficient and polite staff on reception! Room was clean and had everything we needed!! Good cold fridge!! Excellent air con and very quiet!! Nice balcony!! Great pool area and always enough sun beds!! Pool bar open at 11am!! Great location... Spar shop just downstairs that seemed to always be open and €6 taxi to the westend!! Taxi rank just down the road to the right!! Heard the occasional group coming in late bit rowdy but that is what I was expecting!! Not a problem!! Food very repetitive but you could generally have something nice and drinks nice from the bar! The lack of variety was the only let down!! If you are a couple or wanting a relaxing holiday then go to the other side of the island for it and don't expect so much, as this was a cracking stay for what we wanted!! Unnecessary bad reviews given and would DEFINATLEY RECOMMEND!! Enjoy your stay!! :D

• Stayed June 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

just come back after a week stay in this place, and all I can say is that was the best holiday ever. No kids, everybody just chilling around pool, SPAR open 24h just on your doorstep, not in a noisy part of a st. antonio bay but everything within walking distance. People very friendly, staff really helpful, rooms are basic but for this price nobody can expect 5 star. if u going there to have peace and quiet u maybe look for other place but for party people is perfect)))))

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is vile! We stayed here last week on what was supposed to be a relaxing holiday and this hotel turned it into what felt like a prison sentence. Here are just a few of the problems with this establishment: Dirty room with hairs all over the floor, rotten fridge, dirty bedding, dirty toilet, cold, undercooked rotten food, no one cleaning (no one cleaned our room or changed bedding in the whole week we were there so we had to take fresh sheets and towels from the cleaners trolley), slats were broken on the sofa 'beds', broken lock on door where it had obviously been kicked in, curtains hanging off rail and worst of all we had to fight off a drunken man who tried to get in our room! He assaulted my sister,luckily our older brother was there who actually happens to be partially disabled. No help from staff what so ever! We are a well traveled family and no what to expect for our money. This in no way was worth anything near what we paid. I myself have stayed in a squat in Thailand for 50p a night and that was actually a more comfortable stay then this place. I would not recommend this place to anyone who has a disability, has a young person with them or anyone who likes to feel safe whilst sleeping at night. We couldnt even enjoy sitting by the pool as the guy who 'manages' the pool area is on one hell of a power trip and takes away any drink that hasnt been brought from there pointless overpriced shack of a bar.The only people who may find this slum reasonable are drunken lads who just want to get their head down and spend lots of money. Me and my family are actually going to watchdog about this, it was that bad!

Room Tip: If you do insist on staying here, try and get a room on the 3rd floor. They admitted to us that they...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Arrived and was greeted by hostile receptionist. Never a good start. Room was a pleasant surprise with all the basic amenities (minus a hair dryer or iron) balconies aren't very private and are quite overlooked from those either side. Great if you want to be sociable but annoying if not. The hotel guide states that the rooms are cleaned three times a week however ours was only cleaned once. We had paid for bed and breakfast - the hotel guide book said breakfast was served 10-12. We went down the first morning at 10:30 and was told breakfast had finished. I said that the guide had stated it was 10-12 and she just gave me a dirty look and said 'the guide is wrong.' Very rude. So the next day we went down at 9:30 and I really wish I hadn't. The breakfast was a mixture of continental and hot food. It looked like it had been sitting there for days. I ended up picking at fruit etc. thought as we'd paid for it we would try again the next day. Again the food looked old and like they simply serve yesterday's leftovers the next day. Needless to say we both ended ill! I took a bottle of water down to the pool one day to stay hydrated whilst in the sun and it was confiscated by the Barman as you HAVE to buy drinks from the pool bar! Aside from all this my cousin who came with me didnt sleep in his bed once for the whole week as the beds are near the door and the corridors were that noisy at night he couldn't sleep. Hotel would be great for young people who aren't going to spend much time in the hotel and would not recommend eating here.

• Stayed June 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

cracking for a cheeky stag do with the boys, the grubs not up to much and the staff find it difficult to smile, very miserable and reluctant to do their jobs on times the bar staff would rather empty the bins or collect glasses than serve a bar full of thirsty people) but apart from that not a bad little resting place, would not recommend for families or couples...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went on a hen do, but before you judge, we were aged between 36-58...we had a lovely time at this hotel. The rooms were basic but clean, the bathroom looked recently redone. The staff were helpful and friendly. The pool area was constantly tidied with all empty glasses and rubbish removed. One of the party didn't like how loud the doors closed and the tiled floor meant you heard cases being wheeled passed which isn't ideal when it happened at 6am...It had loud music playing in one room at 4am but we had just got in and if you are staying here you sleep or you are partying so it was all good!!! Yes, we had promo people round but they were polite and upbeat and fine if you declined. The other guests were mostly 20/30 somethings, a couple of stag groups on all inclusives...only choose that for the alcohol not the food was their verdict. We ate breakfast at Libertys, British run, they own kebabies too, typical UK grub, good service. Delicious kebab shop opposite Cyberdog in westend, I am veggie, their veggie alternative was delicious, they even made their own bread. Location was great for the beach and we took a taxi to the westend but you could walk it. Very much for adults, we felt very welcome, had lots of fun and made lots of new friends even though our ages were not the usual demographic for the hotel and the resort as a whole. If you want cheap and cheerful this is perfect. I would definitely stay here gain with friends and recommend it wholeheartedly to others!!!

Room Tip: Never felt vulnerable but there is a safe for a few Euros
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to THB Ibiza Mar? Share your experiences!