“great for a get away with the girls” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Brisa

You added Hotel Brisa to your Saves list
Hotel Brisa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Valencia 15, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Dundee, United Kingdom
“great for a get away with the girls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

we were here over august bank holiday
fairly small pool but lots of room to sunbath and no trouble to just chill and enjoy the music
men like to pose by the pool and women like to drink
do not drink the vodka in the hotel it will leave you ill, there is a super market about 200 metres up the road where you can get litres of smirnoff for next to nothing so when its vodka slush time just add your own.

great price for a great loction, will definitly be back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
oldham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This privately owned budget no frills hotel, the rooms are fine for sleeping and washing, is tucked away in the narrow back streets of the old town near a mixture of other hotels and residential apartments.just 5 mins from the west end and 10 mins from the sunset bars, It is clean and basic with a good sized pool, my board was bed and breakfast which was a selection of non cooked items, Drinks and food available at the bar were not expensive.there are a few single rooms which was great for a solo traveller like me,I have stayed here 7 times in total mainly at the start and end of the season when things are not as hectic as high season in " Clubbing Island".
There are slot internet machines but when I stayed no wifi in the rooms,

As with many hotels all over the world there is the daily charge if you want to use the steel box bolted inside the wardrobe, this is outdated and wrong, it should be a law and a duty of care that a paying customer is provided with a secure place for valuables in the room, it should be included in the price just as is the lock on your door or cctv cameras in the halls

Room Tip: overlooking the pool is best, otherwise you are just looking down at narrow streets
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Me and 2 friends stayed from 19th-26th september 2012... this was with breakfast included and we got what we paid for :) we couldn't have asked for more.. was a little walk away from the lively strip and the beach but once you got to know the place it was easy enough to get to..
If your looking for somewhere quiet and relaxing this is not the place to be.. this is for lively young people looking to be up all night clubbing and having fun..
great staff, fantastic clean rooms, lovely room!!
We really enjoyed are stay....!!!!

Room Tip: pool view is best
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a really good stay at this hotel stayed 19th Sep - 25th Sep 2012. We were a large group of 40 people.

Mostly what you read on here is true, the rooms are pretty basic, but at the end of the day, your in Ibiza, who's interested in staying in the room? And yes, it is noisy at night, dorrs slamming etc carries right through the hotel. We did not hear of ANY robberies whilst we were there, so im guessing that problem has maybe been sorted?

The food is mediocre, but is reasonably priced, and to be honest its a good laugh ordering it, when they shout your order out on the microphone, its proper funny! The breakfast is continental, boring bread, cheese, ham crap. But the coffee is DISGUSTING!! Not one of us could drink it, its more like a cup of TAR than a coffee, you have been warned, its FOUL.

The pool area is cool and really gets you into the mood, with funky vocal house playing during the day, its a really nice Vibe, we loved it!

What people have put about the security man is true, he is the most MISERABLE rude man I have ever met in my life! Why the hotel employ him is beyond me, he is awful. One night I had music on in my room (against the rules i know but, i was on holiday), and instead of asking me to turn it down/off, he let himself into my room, stormed in, ripped my iphone off my docking station and slammed it onto the worktop, growled at me, and stormed out again taking my docking station with him!!!... He is lucky I didnt spark him out to be honest, I was FUMING, I wasnt allowed my speakers back until the next afternoon. Thats pretty unreasonable i think, I would have happily turned it off had he of asked like most normal people would.

But, apart from that, I did really enjoy my stay here. The reps are MINT, and the hotel has a really nice buzz. Food and drink are pretty cheap, and the location is good, 5 min walk from the west end, 10 min from Sunset Strip....

Thia was my second and last time in Ibiza, and it really was amazing.

Enjoy Cool People Of The World!!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

5 of us stayed here between 2 rooms on 12th-19th Sep 2012.

Teletext Holidays rated this as a 3 Star it is actually a 2 Star. The rooms were small and gloomy; there were only 2 plug sockets available 1 was in the bathroom the other next to the mirror in the room. There was only a very small bin in the bathroom with no bin liner so there was nowhere to throw your rubbish. In the 7 days we stayed there our bed sheets were only changed once. The toilet flusher button fell to pieces when you pressed it and had to be fished out of the tank every time you took a dump. The telephone did not work.

The hotel charges 20 Euro deposit for each person incase you break anything in your room which isn't already broke. Also if you don’t keep your receipt you will not get your money back.

An additional 20 Euro if you would like to bring a guest back (Are you gonna bang.....No!)

3 Euro a day for AC (no surprise there)

You cannot play music in your room after 11pm (Hhmmm I could’ve sworn I booked a flight to Ibiza the BIGGEST PARTY ISLAND IN THE WORLD)

The BB breakfast was a joke there was only one toaster that only takes 2 pieces of toast at a time. So you will have to take a number and wait in line. The muesli cereal taste like saw dust.

On the plus side the pool was clean and the location was great about 10 minutes stroll to the west end strip.

I would not recommend this hotel you are better off staying in a hostel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor. So you can play music as loud as you want.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to ibiza Sep 2012 for a clubbing holiday. 2 girls needing a cheap holiday. we had low standards as 1) we had read the reviews 2) we went for price & location not 5* accomodation 3)we stay in a lot of hotels.

The location was ideal. it is a bit tricky to get your barings but it is close to the west end in one direciopn & cafe mambo etc in the other

The Hotel was quite big, had a decent size pool. when we arrived we had to pay a 50 Euro deposit which we got back on our last day with no problems. the aircon was 20 Euro (although some people hadnt paid so not sure what thats about"). We never had a problem with any of the reception staff as they were all really nice to us.

The hotel is all young people out for a good time. its loud and lively. This is what you go for in this kind of hotel. If you're wanting sleep...go else where.

The rooms were clean & cleaned every day with fresh towels daily. The cleaners let them selves in but if you were in there did go away. Not intrusive.

The Bar was cheap & the food was cheap and decent.

Overall a good 18-30 clubbing holiday hotel. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: take an extensions lead...only 2 plugs (on in the bathroom one in the bedroom).
Consett, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Me and 3 friends (all aged 21) stayed here from 29th august-5th september 2012. After reading some of the reviews about people being robbed i was a little nervous but needn't have worried. As soon as I arrived I knew the place had a good feel to it.
Our room wasnt ready and the luggage room was full so we just sat in the reception area for a little while until the room was ready. Check in was smooth, but beware that there is a 50euro deposit charged per room which is returned upon check out as long as there is no damage to the room. Air con is 20euro per week which was definitely worth it.
The hotel is quite noisy on a night time, but you're in Ibiza so what do you expect. You should be tired enough after all night drinking and dancing that you will just fall asleep anyway!
The pool area was fun and lively, with plenty of other young people chilling/partying. The music was decent and played loud enough to hear all around the outside area. The drinks were reasonably priced, the cocktails had lots of alcohol in them so were definitely worth 6 euro. Drinks are served in 3 sizes- 4 euros for a small, 5 for a medium and 6 for a large, but they will automatically serve you a large if you don't ask! The food was also good and quite reasonably priced, i loved the toasted ham and cheese baguettes!
When going out the first night it was a bit of a maze and i managed to get lost a few times (but im not very good with directions anyway!) but after a few days we all got our bearings and it became quite easy to find. The location is fantastic: you're far away from the west end so that you don't hear the awful music and screaming drunks on a night, but close enough to walk to the strip in about 5 minutes, although we didn't spend much time at the west end (i didnt pay so much to go to ibiza to spend it on a strip full of kids!). It is also about a 5-10 minute walk to Mambo's, which is a MUST for everyone visiting Ibiza! Beautiful place!
The hotel staff are fantastic, always happy to book taxi's for us to the various clubs we went to, and you can also buy your club tickets from the hotel. However, the 18-30 reps were an absolute nightmare! This was my 5th time in Ibiza and therefore I knew where I wanted to go, and it certainly wasn't full moon parties at Eden or silent disco's/bar crawls around the west end! We had been in the room about an hour when there was a knock at the door and the rep came in and tried to sell us these packages. When we told her what we had planned for the week and that we were not prepared to be ripped off by paying 45euro into a bar, to then pay 1euro for each drink, she responded with the quote "i know some people think they are too cool for school when they come here but these trips really are worth the money" Been there done that in Malia, did not enjoy! Let me tell you, they are a massive rip off and if you're even considering doing these when you're in Ibiza, you must be crazy! After sternly being told we would not be purchasing any of her trips, she avoided us for the rest of the week.
The bar staff were extremely friendly, and even let one of the lads we met bring his own mp3 player outside and plug it in and play his music around the pool, brilliant crack! The hotel also had a pool table, football table, big television screen showing sport, and a few computers, although i did not use any of these facilities so can not comment on them.
For the price we paid for the holiday, it was a fantastic, clean, modern hotel with good amenities and I would not hesitate in returning! Amazing for a girls holiday!
A few places I would definitely recommend- Bora Bora beach in Playa Den Bossa on a Sunday, DC10 on a Monday, Space on a Thursday, Mambo's for cocktails, Ibiza Rocks bar by the marina for their chicken pitta's.
ENJOY!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room for a nicer view than the view of the street below from other rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Brisa? Share your experiences!