“Brilliant Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Hotel Tanit

You added Fiesta Hotel Tanit to your Saves list
Fiesta Hotel Tanit
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cala Gracio s/n | Km 15, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Tayside....Scotland
“Brilliant Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Returned on 13th October after a fantastic 10 day holiday. The hotel was very clean....room was spotless and towels changed everyday.....big enough for myself and 3 friends. The food was excellent....wide variety of hot meals or salads to choose from and a great selection of desserts too.....you certainly never went hungry. Sandwiches and icecream were available at the bar from 10.00am till the bar closed at midnight. Hot snacks were also served between 11 and 12 in morning and 3 to 6 in the afternoon.

The staff were always friendly and helpful....we never met a rude one. As for the Animacion Team......they were brilliant.....with all the children and the adults as well. Large clean pool at main hotel or adult pool with jacuzzi at sister hotel. There is also a lovely beach about a 5 minute walk from hotel.with a nice clean pay bar. The hotel is within walking distance to the town but the ferry or taxis are not expensive.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Tanit again...it was great.....my only complaint......no local subsitute for Baileys at the bar lol.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Polish first
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The activities for kids here were brilliant, kept my son busy and he loved it. The food was excellent and they cooked to order on the grill. Lovely location, quite far from the town but you can get the ferry there. Rooms really clean BUT.... My holiday was ruined because of the noise in this hotel, chairs being scraped across the floor all night, we had a connecting room and the Scottish person in there shouted and swore constantly and banged his door at 2am! When I complained nothing was done. If you want to party party party this is the hotel for you, if like me you like to sleep at night then I would say avoid this hotel. I was so knackered I had to sleep on the lounger in the day and needed another holiday to get over it. Did meet some nice people there but the lack of sleep spoiled it for me. Lots of swimming pools and a nice adult only pool where you can have peace and quiet and sleep also lovely private beach. I just wish people wouldn't leave cigarette butts in the sand, that makes me feel sick!

• Stayed May 2012
Malvern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff at this hotel were one of the friendliest i have met.
Food excellent
On the first choice website you get the option of booking rooms with limited sea view but beware you will only get these for a supplement of 14.50 euros per day
Hotel out the way so if you like staying at the hotel & not spending any money then this is the hotel for you

bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

we went to hotel tanit late September all i can say it is the best holiday we have had it was our first time all inclusive found the food always spot on the pork ribs it they had them every night we would have ate them every night the only bad food was the bacon not to my taste.
we did go to ibiza town and when talking to rep told us how good it was but it was a sunday and wished the rep had told us that ibiza town is shut on sundays would have saved a big taxi fare
as was only told when getting to the town by the taxi driver this was the only bad point of holiday so dont go there on sunday
had some good boat trips to cala bossa lovely beach
so all in all a great holiday and will be going back next year for longer next time

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at the Fiesta Tanit with my husband mid-September and overall we were pleased with our stay there. We knew it was a family based hotel and although there were a lot of children around, this didn’t bother us. We don’t have children ourselves but appreciated that we could always stay in the Fiesta Cala Gracio hotel on the same site if it became a bother. There were plenty of signs around the hotel telling us this was simple to arrange at €19.95 a night extra.

The hotel itself was reasonably basic. Lots of rooms – some with a sea view which you have to pay an extra €14.50 a night for. Again this was easy to arrange and we did it because the view was beautiful with a sea view room. Rooms were of a decent size too which was pleasantly surprising. Two single beds pushed together wasn’t ideal as we asked for a double room but I don’t think they have these or if they do, there can’t be many. We had a small sofa bed so I imagine it’s easy to arrange for thre people to share the room. The single beds were quite uncomfortable. On the trip I had a trapped nerve in my back and my husband suffers with lower back pain which was exacerbated by the bed. He ended up sleeping of the sofa bed which was more comfortable. The TV was the smallest portable you can imagine and we had either the BBC news channel or Sky news. I know you don’t go on holiday for TV but there were Spanish and German TV channels that weren’t news so it would be nice if this was more balanced. Plus if you had kids, some cartoons might be needed! The bathroom was decent. Nice sized bath and even a bidet.

The restaurant was of a good size and had a good selection of food each meal time. This did get a bit repetitive over the week. Was pleased to see that they had English sausages and even Laughing Cow cheese! There was always plenty of food. Lots of tables inside and even a terrace to eat out on.

The bar had six different types of cocktails and many local equivalent drinks included for free. Two types of slushie drinks and you could get coffee.

The family swimming pool area was of a good size and we had no problem getting sun beds. We sunbathed here on the first day but the entertainment was a bit loud at times so the rest of the days we preferred to use the Fiesta Cala Gracio adults only pool which had a Jacuzzi too. There is a massage area and I can highly recommend getting a massage from Tania if she’s still working there!

Couldn’t fault the staff at the hotel. The reception staff were pleasant and spoke a variety of languages. The restaurant staff were friendly and attentive. The bar staff always served you quickly and the maids always welcomed you in the morning.

We did go and look around the Fiesta Cala Gracio adults only hotel, mainly to see if the beds were comfier. The rooms were bigger again with a lounge area and then a back bedroom. Decorated in a much more modern way but the beds were no comfier. It was lovely and peaceful there though.

Fiesta Tanit is in a great location – there is a great little beach at the bottom of the resort which gets busy but not too crowded. You can hire sunbeds and umbrellas for €5 each a day and there’s a little bar/café. There is a convenience shop across the road from the hotel that has your basics and it’s a twenty minute walk to the heart of San Antonio. So if you’re looking for some nightlife but want to stay a bit further out from the noise, it’s perfectly placed. You can also get the water taxi to San Antonio which is a short ride.

Taxis were cheap. On the days we didn’t want to walk to San Antonio, a taxi was about €6 from the hotel and reception organised them immediately for us.

My only real bugbear with the hotel was that it’s not really all inclusive. You do get unlimited drinks and food but you have to pay for the safe in your room, a kettle, beach towels and wireless internet access. I’m sure there are other things for families that they charge for too. It would be nice to know these things were included too.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a seaview and ask to be put on the 4th floor or above for the best view. Room num...
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a typical 3 star all inclusive hotel catering for many nationalities. The hotel is well run very clean and the staff are brilliant. The food is very good, but a little repetitious, on arrival room ready but we found that a number of children were next door and they were noisy.There is plenty of entertainment for everybody, large pool plenty of sunbeds, small pool for the kids, and another just for the big kids(adults only) however no bar service at this pool.There is a lovely beach but you have to pay for sunbeds and drinks etc. Loud music played from 11am to 12 midnight, your not going to bed early, the walls are thin you can hear a light switch being flipped, from the room above, click clack of high heels etc. The maids start around 8.45 and the sound of beds being dragged across the floor can be heard throughout the hotel (felt tips resolve this problem)The air conditioning was working well and effective, although the dinning room was hot and humid when we first arrived but this improved, seating capacity is 550 but extra outdoor seating in the shade. We had a great time. Hotel a little out of the way, but good bus service to town etc.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for a view of the car park ie front of hotel.
Birmingham - England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went for two weeks from the 8th Sept. Was a bit worried after reading some reviews, but it was fab. 5 Star it isn't, but worth the money we paid (didn't pay 5 star prices, so I didn't expect a 5 Star hotel).
Apologies for the length of the review, but hopefully it will help you decide if its for you.

I travelled with my husband & 3 year old son we arrived at the hotel at about 2.30pm. The check in was quick and easy, everything was explained in excellent English with a smile. We paid for the safe as it is worth it, even if just for peace of mind,

We were on the 7th floor which looked out at the front of the hotel and not the beach or pool so we didn't see the famous sunset. However it was very quiet during the day and evening, great when our son was sleeping. The room was very spacious and was cleaned every day to a very high standard. My only gripe about the holiday was that the beds were too hard for me, but that is a personal preference.There was plenty of storage and a big balcony which was safe. Being on the top floor we didn't get a lot of noise.

The hotel reps were great with all the kids and there were always lots of high fives. Didn't think much of the First Choice reps at the hotel, not as friendly as the hotels own reps. Also not helpful when inquiring about the kids club, so we didn't bother with it.

The childrens pool was great and I couldn't get my son out of it. There was always plenty of sun beds and we didn't have to reserve beds. However i imagine at peak time it would be very busy.

The main pool was also ok but it is very deep. We didn't use the adults pool but it is a great idea if want some peace and quiet.

The buffet meals were superb even for my son. Cannot complain as I put on about half a stone!
The air con worked well & at times could be a bit cold. We had warm weather so not sure if the air con has been improved based on some earlier reviews

The entertainment was a bit cheesy as they always are on these types of holidays, but still enjoyable. My son loved the kids mini disco each evening at 8.30.

The bar staff were polite and again spoke excellent English. We never had to wait long for drinks, and they were ok. Had a lot worse in so called 5* hotels.

There is not much around the hotel, there is a small shop & pub opposite. we used the shop daily and the gentleman who was always behind the till was polite & friendly. We used the pub three or four times, just to have a change of scenery. You could get Guinness and John Smiths even if it was from cans.

We took a taxi a couple of times which we ordered from reception to San Antonio. This cost about 5.5 euros. We also walked with our son which took about half an hour.

The beach is small but this was not a problem. Kids can still make sand castles and have a paddle.

The hotel is very clean and child friendly, I would not recommend to go if you don't have kids under about 12 as there is not much to do on site.

I wish I had not already booked our holiday for 2013 as I would go back. Maybe 2014......

Room Tip: Ask for top floor it will reduce noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Hotel Tanit? Share your experiences!