“Chilled and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Hotel Palmyra

You added Fiesta Hotel Palmyra to your Saves list
Fiesta Hotel Palmyra
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avenida Doctor Fleming 18, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“Chilled and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel has a nice chilled atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. The hotel backs onto the seafront and there are some nice bars and restaurants nearby.
The rooms are very simple but adequate. The air conditioning wasn't very powerful though (bordering on room temperature air), and in the mornings the sun blazed through the curtains, as there are no window blinds, this resulted in the room being too warm in the mornings but there is a ceiling fan to take the edge off. The room had a little balcony with chairs and a table which was nice, although my room faced the road.
The double bed mattress was okay but not the most comfortable of beds, the pillows were comfortable though.
I had lunch one day in the restaurant on the terrace by the pool and it was delicious, good sized portions and very cheap. I didn't have breakfast or dinner so I can't comment (although it was included with my half-board booking).
Reception kindly ordered me a taxi to go to the airport which arrived in minutes.
I would only say that the rooms have no WiFi or internet access, it is free in the lobby but painfully slow. Only other negatives, they said they were going to charge me for bringing a clothes iron to my room, which I thought was odd, however they didn't charge me in the end. There was no room service available, and the mini bar was empty. The hotel is on the expensive side for what it is, but that could be the fact that it's Ibiza. All in all, I would recommend staying though, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Manager at Fiesta Hotel Palmyra, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy that you had a great time at our Fiesta Hotel Palmyra.

We hope to see you again at one of our Palladium Hotel Group resorts/hotels in a near future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a perfect hotel for a couple who wants to stay in a quieter part of Sant Antoni. It has a great location, very close to all the bars and restaurants on the walkway in front of it, yet the pool and the nearby area is relatively quiet if you want to have some rest. Due to its price, the average guest is a bit older which again makes the hotel really peaceful, but if you want to party everything is within walking distance. I would highlight the halfboard buffet - really nice selection and a great variety of thematic food every day. The only tiny minus is the bizzare system of booking beds at the pool, there will be all taken by 8am with towels on them but noone seems to be actually sunbathing on them... Other than that, it was a perfect stay! Free parking and free internet in the lobby too!

Room Tip: We have got probably the best room available 414 (at the end of the corridor with an amazing view on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Manager at Fiesta Hotel Palmyra, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and advice. Due to your help we can always improve our services.

We hope to see you soon in Palladium Hotel Group.

Lytham St Annes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We travelled with Jet2 holidays, transfers excellent. We arrived about 8pm, check-in straight forward giving us plenty of time to enjoy the evening meal. We booked in half board, and on entering the restaurant asked about the protocol. It is a buffet service with a waiter drinks service, you can pay on a daily basis at the desk as you leave the restaurant or on completion of your stay. We found the drinks prices very reasonable eg 7 euros for a bottle of house wine.
The food was excellent with a different theme each evening. There were Chefs availabe all the time cooking certain food to order eg fish, steak. The choice of food was superb and the dishes labelled to aid your choice if you were unsure to try it or not. There was always plenty of staff keeping tables clear and replenising dishes. The staff were very pleasant and nothing was too much for them.
Breakfast had plenty of choices depending on the type you enjoy. Again Chefs cooking omelettes to order. I suggest you try the porridge, it had just the right amount of sugar and cinamon.
The room we were allocated was a twin room at the rear of the hotel. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed whenever we requested by leaving them in the bath. Plenty of hot water and good pressure in the shower. We only used the room for changing for dinner after a good day out and sleeping. We weren't bothered by any excessive noise. The time I did spend on the balcony was pleasant, looking out to the hills and watching the world go by.
Finally I cannot thank the excellent and attentive staff enough for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your comments which I have shared with my team.

Our aim is to give our guests the maximun satisfaction. Your comments reflect that we have achieved our targets, so we are really proud of providing you with a wonderful holiday.

Dinas Powys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Arrived at 3 am and was checked in and out for a drink by 3.30, very efficient night staff and was to prove no let down over my 7 night all-inclusive stay. My single room was ideal and was kept spotless on a daily basis. Food was super and varied, resturant staff, just great. So I ate to much drank to much and laughed daily, the staff made my holiday, Arturo, Joaquim, Raul and leiza were a joy to meet, even if thet found it difficult to understand the visting Scot.This hotel is placed in a near perfect position for touring the night spots and local bars, just go out the back gate and visit the Tulp great Dutch bar with great food drink and staff. Well worth a visit to the Palmyra you might be pleasantly impressed, I was...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We really appreciate your comments on our website. Thank you very much for your time.

We hope to see you soon in Fiesta Hotel Palmyra.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just returned from our 3rd stay at this hotel and must praise all of the staff and the accommodation !

Should you want a perfect location in San Antonio with the beach on your doorstep, shops, bars and the sunset strip a stroll away then you should seriously consider this hotel. Another bonus for some people is that it is an ADULTS ONLY residence.

Staff are so welcoming, have a high regard for customer satisfaction and go out of their way to resolve issues immediately.

We upgraded to a junior suite which was most definitely worth it. Rooms are cleaned thoroughly.

Great place to stay and would return again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Manager at Fiesta Hotel Palmyra, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We are very happy that you had a great time at our Fiesta Hotel Palmyra.

We hope to see you again at one of our Palladium Hotel Group hotels/resorts.

Kind Regards,

Duisburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I'm a single traveller and booked myself into a junior suite online which has the following comment:
arger than the double rooms
Large terrace with hammock
Standard beds (two twin beds or a double bed)
Extra bed available on request*
Soundproofed
Central air conditioning regulated in room
Balcony or terrace with table and chairs
Complete bathroom with bathtub and shower

When I arrived with my friend to check in I was told to go to room number 141 which was one of the worst rooms I've seen in my life. The hotel knew that I am a single traveller and put me in a room that had 3 single beds and was right next to the elevator. It smelled of dust and alcohol and we immediately turned around to go back to reception. It had no terrace, no hammock. When I complained I was told that they'd have a single room available with seaview and would take €10 a night off the price I've already paid. When I checked out and wanted to reclaim my €40 I was told I was a liar that this hasn't been agreed upon. My friend was with me as a witness at the time (who lives in Ibiza). I've paid far too much money for a small room in May and will not return to this hotel. I have written to management about this.
The room had the wall covered with some kind of liqud and the bathroom was very superficially cleaned on a daily basis. The food, well not impressed and I didn't use my halfboard option anyway. Never again.
The pool is too crowded and towels are already on the sunbeds at 5 am. Should you want to lie by the pool you have to be prepared to feel like a sardine

Room Tip: Whatever you do don't go for a junior suite; they aren't suites as we know them. If you are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Manager at Fiesta Hotel Palmyra, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
First of all, we would like to thank you for have spent your time to communicate us your experience.
Please accept our sincerest apologies if we were not able to satisfy your needs. Your opinion is very important for us because it helps us to improve our services.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My friend and I booked to stay here a few months ago using Travel Republic, we new that the hotel was an adults only but didn't realise it was listed as a "couples" holiday until we got there as I don't think it is very clear.
We arrived at around 3am after a 30 minute, 30 euro taxi ride from the airport. The hotel is located 4 doors down from the famous "Linekers" bar and about 2 minutes walk from "The Egg" roundabout and 5 minutes from the main sunset strip so great location if you want to enjoy Ibiza's nightlife but not be stuck right in the middle of the chaos. The hotel is beachfront with great views of the bay in the pool area and on some of the balconies. If you want a good view ask for rooms poolside and try and avoid rooms at the back facing the road as it is quite noisey.
The hotel was very clean and I couldn't fault the room service once a day replacing towels and tidying up etc. Food was probably the star of the holiday, great choice everyday for breakfast, lunch and evening meal, food was always cooked well and never had any problems. My friend cannot eat gluten products and found it really easy to still enjoy her meals due to the amount of choice on offer

Now here comes the moaning,
There are several signs around the hotel stating that the sunbeds are not to be reserved. However, this is not the case, on around 3/7 of our mornings there, we struggled to get 1 sunbed at around 10am. We then discovered the reason for this was because some guests would come down everymorning at around 8 to lay out their towels and reserve them. The same guests on the same beds every morning which I do not believe is very fair. They would they would then not appear for hours. There was some confrontation when somebody moved another guests towels. There are lots of sunbeds for guests to use, the right amount for the size of the pool area however the no reserving rule is not at all enforced.
Secondly, when we arrived there was very little explanation to well, anything. We were told what time the meals were and thats it. I have never been all inclusive before so I didnt know what to do or what I could do. We found out on the 5th night of the stay that we could infact drink imported spirits such as malibu rather than the local drinks which it states on the website. We were completeley left to our own devices and had to find out everything for ourselves.

Special mention about Raul in the lobby bar area who provided great service throughout our stay!

Overall the stay was good, elements are very good and then unfortunately others let it down.

Room Tip: Request a pool view and don't stay over looking the road either. We stayed on the 2nd floor and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and the travel community. We are very pleased that you were satisfied with our staff, the food and hotel´s location.

In reference to your comment about the information given to you at the reception, I am so sorry if it was not all required by you, as you know we are at your service 24 hours.On the other hand, we have a good quantity of sun beds for our customers, like you have mentioned, but we can not avoid that will be reserved early.

Once again thank you for your comments and your time, we hope to see you again at the Fiesta Hotel Palmyra.

Kind regards,

Manager

Been to Fiesta Hotel Palmyra? Share your experiences!