“DO NOT GO HERE IF....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel to your Saves list
Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Camino de Sa Vorera s/n, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Romford, United Kingdom
“DO NOT GO HERE IF....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

You want one of those new "lively all day" hotels with all the mod cons, 4 rows of beds next to each other crammed round a pool, with €1 happy hour specials, groups of teenagers being sick and getting paralytic, all day EDM music blaring out at 1000 decibels as that is not what Pikes is about, this place is for those that really understand Ibiza.
THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL GEM
It's superb, it's ying and it's yang, it's a 400yr old building, that is SO beautiful.
Yeah if you want a room that's all touch pad curtains, all new state of the art bathrooms, a butler constantly outside your door at your beck and call don't come here. The rooms are draped in history, I wish the walls could speak, they are well decked out and have tastefully had added little touches to bring them up too date. The communal areas centre around THE pool (you know the one) and it's a serene place during the day with ample day beds dotted about with a superbly stocked bar and waitresses to bring drinks to you, the music that plays all day is great, real "chilled out" tracks. The food we had was of a very high quality, the breakfasts (we got to one!) were lovely, the full English was quality, the pool bar serves a great choice, the evening restaurant had a wonderful choice of decent fresh food, we sat down to eat one night at 11.30pm in the beautiful courtyard, how lovely. AND the Sunday lunch we had read about, BLOODY LOVELY. It reminded me of being back round my Nans, with plates of food, huge portions. The lamb I ate was without question the best I have eaten, ever. I would return just for that alone. Our stay included a Saturday that had Idris Elba performing in Freddie's Bar, if the days were chilled this was the polar opposite, staying at the hotel your automatically on the guest list, WOW this place comes alive, I won't spoil it or go into detail, I wouldn't know where to start, just come to one of them. A word about the staff, What a wonderfully pleasant, attentive, team, nothing was too much, seriously, I believe with "staff" you get back what you put in, I am always polite and interested in staff, I always tip and these guys were great, (they are staff not your servant). The previous owner Tony has handed the batten to Andy and Dawn of Manumission for those old enough like me to remember that or Ibiza Rocks for the younger ones out there and it's great to know this place is in safe hands to carry the story on.finally a word regarding Mr Tony Pike, a true legend, read up on him, what a pleasure to meet the guy, 80yrs young, I caught up with him on Tuesday Morning he was worried he'd left his 30yr old girlfriend in Pacha somewhere, had got back at 08:00 and his 5th wife was due to arrive any second!
Thanks for a truly wonderful stay guys, all of us cannot wait to return and if you do plan to come and misbehave, remember to do so in style.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Room 26 rocks my world. Such a wonderful time. So much to look at and very quirky! Restaurant is amazing. Lovely people, lovely atmosphere. We couldn't wait to see Sonny's outfit everyday and Tony says he has more clothes than J-Lo!
No idiots allowed.
Ps. try the Aqua Vibe..brilliant hangover cure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I visited here for 4 nights the last week of June with 3 friends. From the moment we arrived we knew we were in for a fantastic relaxing stay. The place is just so laid back. From check in to check out the staff could not do enough for us, from reception to pool all were happy to help and all had a smile on there faces.
Don't expect 5 star rooms, think shabby chic and you'll be close, that said they are in keeping with a few centuries old converted farm building and were comfortable enough with all home comforts.
Breakfast is highly recommended, the continental is included and consists of yoghurt, granola, fruit compote, fresh fruit, warm breads and pastries, freshly squeezed orange and quality coffee, again all served with a smile. The view from the open air restaurant in itself is worth getting out of bed for.
Great food served around the pool during the day, however, this is mainly restricted to burgers, sandwiches and tapas etc - all at a reasonable price. We tried several cocktails during our stay and all were made to perfection. The clientele appeared to be mid 30's upward so no idiots ruining the mood of the place.
Whilst there we were placed on the guest list for pacha which included transport to the club, guest list to the Lilly Allen concert at ibiza rocks in San Antonio, again with transport to the venue and finally the after party back at the hotel - which really must be seen to be believed, from the serene deserted atmosphere of the day to a party with a few hundred people which carries on until 6.30am where anything goest takes some getting used to...wow what a night, if anybody had told me I would be sat in a bath full of balls singing sweet Caroline at 5am I would have thought they had lost the plot.
Don't just think about visiting pikes -get it booked, you won't be disappointed, we are already planning for next year.
Thanks to all at pikes!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Its ace. I loved it. Stayed here for 3 days of 'R&R' between a stag do and a work trip having always wanted to - and it was better than i had imagined. The rooms are good - the service is good - the vibe is wicked - it is beautiful - but the best thing about this place was that every single guest I met was on a level. Interesting, cool, fun. Crowd all between 30 and 40 or thereabouts - all up for a good time. Great parties on the wednesday and friday - karaoke room has to be seen to be believed. Old school fun. I will stay here 100% next time I'm in Ibiza if I'm staying in a hotel...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Silvia S, General Manager at Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you Travelhamster!

Old School fun! Great way to describe our atmosphere and attitude..." welcome to the family, make yourself at home and if you really must misbehave, please remember to do so in style..."

See you next time you are in Ibiza!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've just coming back home, from the "Pike's experience" and I can't hardly believe that such a lovely place could be real in those days. Everything has been ok., the place, the room, the pool, the restaurant...., but the most important for us has been the human team, allways trying to help us and giving us the best care and attention that someone could imagine. I must congratulate the company for this, and encourage the team to keep on loving their work the way they are doing. It's the secret for success.
I recommend this hotel !!!!!

Herminia

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Herminia,

Thank you for the feedback. We are sharing your review with the staff so they can feel the same happiness we do in the management team when we read that we can help other people enjoy their holidays in ibiza. We couldn´t agree more with you : the secret is that we actually love this place and we think of it as our home where friends com to visit and enjoy.

Looking forward to you next visit Herminia and thank you for appreciating the love we put in what we do.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just back from a lovely 3 night stay at the former pikes hotel. A first for long time we had planned to relax and enjoy being around the hotel and just hoping out for dinner/few clubs in between.

The good:

Secluded location for real relaxation away from the crowds.

Great pool area and lounges; generally enough to go around for everyone, never an issue for us.

Breakfast: great view over the surrounding area and the included continental was plenty enough for us. Cooked optional extras available

Freddies bar: hidden away from the main area; all the history to go with it and great place to hang out.

Sunday lunch and DJ session: the sunday roast and service was exceptional. It's was right up as one of the best Sunday lunches I've had and given the choice available it was amazing. Tunes all day long made this an amazing end to a long weekend. Just which they had more music like this when we arrived!

History and Tony Pike: great to see this legend who still lives here today who must and should feel proud of what he built up over the years. The pictures around the site and stories of days gone by are worth your time.

Some small areas they could improve just to make it even better:

We arrived at 2am after a flight. The barman was still there and I asked for a drink and was told the bar was shut. My view, I'm a guest and if I want a drink you should serve it; do whatever you can as this will stand you out from the others

I love REM and it was great to hear them again but after 3 days of the same songs every day they needed some variety. They have a great sound system around the pool but it needs someone to give it the attention it deserves.

The pillows weren't great. They could do with investment in new pillows or have options available to guests.

The day time food menu is limited; a few more choices would be helpful along with the night menu too (although I do understand they don't probably have a chef on 24/7 but could come up with some more options.

The average age during my visit was there was around 30. Generally this age group have got money to spend and don't mind spending it when they get quality. They could do a few tweaks in the guest experience to make this place go from great to amazing.

The service all round was excellent and I'd certainly recommend staying and a great place to explore the island from or just chill out at.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the pool so was very quiet but don't think the noise was bad anyway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Silvia S, Director General at Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your review. This feedback is very useful to us. Please accept our apologies about the dissapointment at the bar on your first night. Our food and Beverage manager is making sure that this issue does not happen again. You are completly right about a guest always being able to get a drink while the staff members are still there and thanks to you we are going to review this with the team as obviously there has been some communications errors. Our team is being made aware that clients wishes as long as it does not interfere with other clients are more important that closing hours or timetables. We are a small hotel in which we can take care of our guests in a very individual way even though that sometimes inplies breaking closing hours.

Thank you as well for the comment on the music as it seems that some members of our staff need support in knowing how to operate our system and make the most of our Pool music selection as we have over

As per the food options, again we think it might have been a human error of not offering you all our selections as everyday we change the specials and the tapas options.

Same thing goes for the pillows, as we do have different options to suit guests different tastes, but I am afraid we did not offer them to you correctly. We are also addressing the matter with front desk and housekeeping.

Daniel thank you for helping us improve! All your suggestions are being addressed and we would love to have you back soon so you can enjoy the results of your input to make the House experience even more pleasant!

looking forward to seeing you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Wow, have just returned from this hotel, I have to say it was absolutely wonderful!!! All the staff simply couldn't do enough for you and were extremely friendly. There is a sense of a happy family unit around the staff. The rooms were very clean, unique and individual. The food and cocktails are excellent, especially their Sunday Roasts!!! There is such a cool relaxed atmosphere that you just get sucked in and want to stay for longer. I have been away with my friends, however my husband and I want to come back together very soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Silvia S, Director General at Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you Medlar!

Welcome to the ibiza Rocks House Family!
Looking forward for your next visit, so we can share more magic, more rockandroll, more cocktails and Sunday roast with you and your husband next time.

Thanks for sharing you Ibiza time with us!

un abrazo!

Been to Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes Hotel? Share your experiences!