“BEST HOLIDAY EVER WOULD RETURN TO APOLO IN A HEARTBEAT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Apolo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Hostal Apolo
You added Hostal Apolo to your Saves list
C/ Francisco de Goya no 5, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Manchester, United Kingdom
“BEST HOLIDAY EVER WOULD RETURN TO APOLO IN A HEARTBEAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Only paying £210 including flights for a week I was doubtful about what I was going to experience arriving at the Hotel, and being met by the sign "hostal" at 5am when we got there, I thought my fears would come true. I was completely wrong. It was genuinely the best week of my life. Visiting Mid June 2013, I am only 18, and was going on holiday with just one other friend, and had many warnings about how expensive Ibiza would be, but Ibiza can be done as cheaply or as expensive as you want to. The west end is good if you want a cheaper night, and it's a bit like what you would expect from Magaluf/Kavos/Zante but without the teenagers being sick everywhere haha! The food in the hotel was relatively cheap, and tasted okay, however if you are on a budget - go to Burger King and get a Euro Burger. I survived off them for the week! The thing I would say about the club 1830 is that the Rep package although the Booze Cruise, The Sunset Cruise and Candy were good - is that at 165Euros it is slightly overpriced when other events were bar crawls which you could do yourself down the west end anyway for free, and the 2Euros bars which were promised often did not occur. However, one night we did have an hour of free drinks and an hour of euro drinks which included Vodka and Malibu so I was all set, and very boozy. So I would try and ask the reps to just do both boat parties for cheaper, as some people we met over there managed to do this. Some reps were quite pushy when getting you to buy something, so if you do not want it - stand your ground. However, I met some of the most amazing reps!!! Especially Georgia, Jamie and Blair.
The hotel is totally safe, I was leaving my money in there overnight whilst going out, and leaving the key behind reception and we had no problems whatsoever and heard of none from anyone else. As for cleanliness, the maid came every other day, leaving clean towels and making the beds. We had a big bathroom, some rooms of people we had met over there had slightly smaller bathrooms and "half baths", so I think the 4th floor is the best bet if you want a bigger bathroom. Dont be afraid to request this. You can change money in reception, and there is Wifi (with slightly dodgey connection) around the swimming pool and in the bar. Tip: Ask for a top floor room as you will definitely get a balcony unlike other rooms I saw which had a window with bars over.
Breakfast was okay, the two times I was up and ready for it, bread, cheese, ham, rolls, jam etc. However there was a large queue for the toaster so I often gave up and settled with a good old cheese butty, but from 10am anyway you could buy a sausage butty from the bar for something like 3Euros. But to be far, in Ibiza its unlikely you will need to eat a lot.
The pool area was nice, get up early for a sunbed and make sure you choose the far side of the pool as this gets the best sun. However, we spent most of the time at the beach aswell as it was only a short walk and really nice. I do recommend walking to the Reggae Reggae beach, as this is something you wont experience anywhere else, however it takes about 25 minutes to walk along the beach there.
As there was only 2 of us, we were unsure as to whether we would meet other people, but Hotel Apollo is so friendly and the Reps mean that you get to know loads of people and after the first day we had made so many friends - one of the things which made the Ibiza experience so much better!!
Overall, I do not regret booking hotel Apollo, and whilst over there, reps from other 1830 hotels informed me it was the best Club 1830 hotel in Ibiza.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor. Better bathroom and guaranteed balcony!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend it was perfect couldn't fault it food was really nice and reasonable price the reps was all great and friendly, the hotel is situated in a good place not to far from the beach and main strip, rooms were clean and tidy basic, the receptionist was nice and it's good to leave your key behind when going out. Had a brilliant time here and would go back defiantly would recommend

Room Tip: Top floors have air con and are reasonably bigger also pool view is good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booking the apolo was the best idea ever! Hotels clean safe & food is great! If you want to have a good time get drunk meet loads of new people the reps are the best for this! Some others kept moaning about it being noisey or the reps but they done everything plus more for us ESP when our friend became ill they where amazing so defiantly not after just sex drink and money! If you want to have fun be looked after & have the best holiday come to the apolo and see reps & the rest of the staff at the apolo you won't regret it!

Burton upon Trent, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visited in June 2013 as part of the 18 - 30s holiday. The hotel itself is okay, very basic but clean. Definately worth requesting a balcony room though!!!
The staff in the hotel itself were fine but the reps are out for 3 things only, sex, alcohol and your money!! Be warned, after a long journey, they pounce on you before youve even had chance to unpack, selling you a weeks worth of bar crawls, boat trips and parties . . . . DO NOT FALL FOR IT!! get your tickets from the touts by the beach instead!
Once the reps have got your money they dont care about you. The 'bar crawls' consisted of 3 pubs, wow! I could of organised a better one in my sleep. They also tell you theres several 2 hour 1 euro bars, or similar offers to this . . . where??

I would of had a much better time going off doing my own thing each night than feeling like I had to do these trips because I had pre paid for them.
All in a all a good trip, I would return to the hotel, but definately NOT buy the package from the reps.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

it was my groups first ever club 18-30 holiday. So we did not know what to expect. A lot of our friends had warned us Ibiza was very expensive. HOWEVER this is what we found.

Your welcome meeting is done on your immediate arrival in your room. Its a great deal. DO NOT MISS OUT!

Rooms
Basic however clean and comfortable. if you like a cool room pay to have air con as the evenings can be abit muggy. We had a nice bathroom each. Room was cleaned 3 times a week.

Breakfast.
Was a continental breakfast which was toast / rolls ham and cheese with jams. Tea and Coffee.
However in and around the resort you can get a full English breakfast for as little as 5 euros.

Bar
Has some fantastic staff epically Carmen the cocktails are awesome and strong. Try the cocktail challenge 4 euros each. I was extremely drink at number 10 of 20. Serves great food and not to expensive. Pizzas 6 euros begets with various fillings 3 - 4 euros. Drinks are again reasonably priced beer starts at 2.5 euros and cider 3 -4 euros and so on. Shots between 3 - 5 euros.
Really great choice of drinks here. Great place to start.

Reception
Make sure you have your 50 euro deposit ready will make your check in quicker. again Staff are great and you can also leave your passports and when you go out your keys.
If your on a later / early morning flight late check out is 25 euro subject to availability.
Various other services here like safes (by reception) and laundry service from 7 euros. However they do not do whites.

Pool
A great deep pool. loungers and balls left in the pool for all to use. Yes other guests reserve lounges however there was 6 of us and we always got loungers. HINT: The loungers on the left side of the pool get the most sun. There right side which has tables is in the shade in the morning. The little pool is nice to dip your feet in have a drink and chat with your mates and other holiday makers.

The Reps
This hotel has a number of reps. They do a great package for 199 euros this gives you 6 days of events. SEE PICTURES. Great value and great fun especially the sunset cruise.
Chris, Matt, Gary, Jade, Jamie and Blair made our holiday amazing. Get involved with them and they will make your holiday awesome.

OGIE OGIE OGIE

Outside the hotel there is a spar and asupermarket. If you like drinks in your room it is really cheap in there!!!!

Eating out subject to your eating habits is nicely priced.
breakfast from 5 - 9 euros
Lunch from 6 - 13 euros
dinner from 6 - 22 euros.

IBIZA GETS EXPENSIVE IF YOU GO TO THE HUGE MAJOR CLUBS EVERY NIGHT.
San Antonio Bay and west end has a huge variety of bars. Shots from 2 euros and drinks from 3 euros.

Definitely going to return.

Can not wait.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at the hotel on June 2013.. you had to pay a 50 euro despoit when you check in but we got this back on check out are room was lovely clean and basic.. but fine for showering and sleeping we had a pool view with a balcony defo worth mentioning you want a pool view with a balcony cause soon rooms have neither just a window...the hotel was lovely.. the food was affordable and the bar staff were nice.. cheap drinks around the pool also free wifi in the bar and pool area which is a must which data roaming.... their are obv not enough sun lounger for everyone in the pool but we could always get one... booked with the 18-30 reps here package of trips for 165 euro regretted this and the reps were very pushy... they seemed to lie there way through the trips Candy at zoo is a good one to go with thoo... the location is about 15 mins walk to linkers burger king etc and about 25 to the west end... we always walked tho food ono the way home in a must... we didn't have air con in the room but we didn't feel we needed it... we didn't go for breakfast as it was jam and bread not worth gtting up fr to be honest... can be noisy of a night but I was the ones usually making the noise.. but wht do u expect... the beach on the front near Ibiza rocks bar is horrible there a lovely one if u keep walking past ocean beach club... a lot of places offered use workers rate so we took it bargin... super market at the end of the road is nice and cheap 13 euro for a litre of Smirnoff.... drinks in the clubs and westend are kind of expensive €8 for a vodka mixer... seen a few girls get spiked soo cover your drinks girls...
overall an amazing holiday and defoo would go back...

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and a pool view or you'll end up wit a window with bars on it...
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

First of all we arrived and were greeted by our friendly Club 18-30 reps and polite hotel staff. Had to pay a 50euro deposit (which you get back once you leave, if the room is not damaged in any way) We got to our room, which was small and basic but very clean and ideal for what you need in Ibiza. The rep who gave us a personal welcome meeting was polite and sorted our week for events for 165 euros (which got into clubs/bars and onto boat partys etc with discounted 1euro bars and a few free drinks) They had good local knowledge and the overall experience of the holiday with the events were great so if you do book the events then they are worth the money! Hotel décor was a little dated and would have been nice to have air con included without having to pay an extra fee. The maids cleaned the room almost every other day so you constantly had clean towels etc. All staff friendly and happy to help, whether it being the reception staff or the bar staff (who seemed to work 16 hours a day). The price in the bar were competitive and the food was very nice, it has all the stuff you need (burgers,pizza, and full breakfast). The breakfast you get included with the cost of hotel was basic, bread, butter, jam, cheese and ham with tea/coffee machine and a toaster but most didnt seem to be up in time for it anyway. The pool area is always busy during the day so make sure your up early to get yourself a sun lounger. It can be noisy at 4/5am when people come back and having partys but it is expected in Ibiza, just dont expect a quiet night! Location wasnt too bad as only 10 min walk to a few smaller clubs (linekers, plastik, pukka up) and food places, and a further 5 min to the west end. The beach is around Linekers and isnt massive but always seems to be plenty space.

Room Tip: Ask for a sunny balcony and pool view, other views arent great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Apolo? Share your experiences!