“Value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sa Clau Apartments

You added Sa Clau Apartments to your Saves list
Sa Clau Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Progreso 1, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I was ver apprehensive about staying here as I had read some bad reviews.I found it to be a clean no frills accommodation,fantastic location,friendly staff and amazing views. Definitely not a hotel for family's as it is central to night life and only the next block to "the west end"I visited with a hen party and this location was ideal. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants and with in walking distance to attractions such as Ibiza rocks and cafe mambo. Cheaper to split cost of taxi between four of you to this hotel than pay for transfers.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

i and my husband went to this place last minute ,,great location ,great staff ,i spent a lot of the time at nite just sitting on the balcony ,after we come in from our evening ,it was great,,people watching ,never a dull moment ,,we got a great view of the harbour ,so so close to all bars etc,,i would go back for sure ,,,if you need to go to a pool free of charge ,go to the lavente hotel its just after the two fountains, on the street opposite the childrens park ,if you can ask for room 207

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the sea 207 was great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Valencia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you want to spend your money on your actual holiday instead of spending it on outrageous expensive hotels then this is the place to be. It's basic, simple, clean even though the floor wasn't spotless and to pay only 200 euro for 4 nights in Ibiza in september, is a perfect price if you compare this to the rest of the hotels and apartments.

If you arrive early and you ask the receptionist in a friendly way for the sea view you preferred while booking your apartment, they will gladly do so. Anyone who doesn't speak Spanish....remember this: You're not gonna get anything done in Spain in general if you start shouting in English, if you behave like the queen or if you think any Spanish waiter, receptionist or host will be impressed and will help you out afterwards.

Smile, be friendly and try to speak some Spanish at least. I've read all the negative comments down here and I can tell, most of them approached the desk or the cleaners in the wrong way. In any other country, rudeness might help to get your money back or to get things done. In Spain it works the opposite!

My stay was a lovely one, the kitchen was very basic but it served me enough for breakfast. My view was amazing and I would come back without a doubt! Every two days I had clean towels, nothing was stolen and I had nothing locked up in a safe either. My laptop was out in the open and the noise from party people on the streets was OK during the week and worse in the weekend but don't book any apartment in the center of any town in Ibiza, if you don't like the noise!

Book a place in one of those ecologic, out in the open space, extremely expensive hotels and enjoy Ibiza in your own way if you prefer spending the money on too much luxury. My two other friends stayed in another apartment on the same floor and they agree with me on all points here. We had an amazing holiday, we were all very pleased with the service at the reception and if you rent a car at the airport instead of in any other town, your holiday will be so much better and relatively cheap.

Close to the apartment we could park the car always without paying for it and from San Antonio you can visit all the other parts of the island without a problem. If you expect posh and trendy people don't go to San Antonio. If you expect real and friendly people, nothing really fancy, then San Antonio is your town.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view! Really worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pisa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ci sono andato l'anno scorso coi miei amici ed era tutto perfetto! l'appartamento è apposto, c'è tutto quello di cui hai bisogno. La posizione è perfetta per la vita notturna: c'è un po' di confusione fuori ma se vuoi divertirti coi tuoi amici è perfetto!
quest'anno ci ritorno con la mia ragazza!

I went last year with my friends and all was perfect! the apartment is ok, there is everything you need. The location is in the middle of the night life: there is a little confusion outside but if you want to enjoy yourself with your friend it's perfect!!
this year I will come back with my girlfriend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Sa Clau Chinese restaurant sits in a lovely location overlooking the fountains and promenade of San Antonio, The restaurant is on the first floor, there is also a cafe-bar on the ground floor which is a great place to sit and relax with a coffee,(the stairs up to the restaurant are next to the cafe-bar), the Sa Clau also has 29 apartments that are rented out through the summer season but we have never stayed in them.
It is the Chinese restaurant that we have visited on numerous occasions, the restaurant is very well decorated; the crisp white walls are offset by red table cloths, great artwork on the walls and golden Chinese lanterns hanging from the ceiling.
There is a balcony which overlooks the cafe-bar, it’s a lovely place to sit and eat your meal whilst taking in the atmosphere of the lively streets of San Antonio, from the balcony you can see fountains and it’s also nice to see the artists that set up their stalls just a few yards away, creating a bustling vibe.
There is always a very warm welcome whenever we go to the Sa Clau, as soon as we get to the top of the stairs we are greeted with warm smiles and shown to a table, the staff are very friendly and very efficient, there is an extensive menu to choose from and the food is of a very high standard, we have never had a bad meal there, it rates as one of the best Chinese restaurants that we have tried on our travels, give the house white a try if you like a glass of wine with dinner, very palatable it is too.
This is a very pleasant and welcoming restaurant, if you are looking for a place to have a meal away from your hotel in San Antonio, why not give the Sa Clau a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the worse hotel i have ever stayed in. I never once saw a cleaner come in to clean it and one day i found some dirty boxers in the wardrobe that look like they'd been there for a while. The bed sheets were so dirty i had no choice but to sleep on top of the bed, on a towel. Also the 'kitchen wasnt clean enough to cook dog food in. I would warn anyone thats thinking of staying there, don't! Would much prefer sleeping in the streets than in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My experience at this hotel was brilliant!!!

Stayed here with a friend,...purchased late minute and on the cheap!!! so arrived not expecting much

to begin with we couldn check in until about 4.30pm which was not stated but we sat outside int he cafe below which was nice...

The room was perfect! quite big and spacious and clean. 2 balcony as it was one the end...view of the fountains infront!

Location was in the west end! KFC IBIZA ROCKS, EDEN, ES PARADIS within 5 mins walking distance! couldnt of really asked for a better location!! beach across the rd! REALLY good location - noise at nght wasnt too bad neither with all doors shut

Safe in room! wifi free in cafe downstairs!

also !!! could leave your key with the reception man and he would give it to us as we arrived back...say if my friend was back before me she would open up!

he seemed to know our faces too! as our friends came looking for us one night and i was asleep up in the room, and my friend had gone out.... he told our other friends who were NOT staying int he hotel that i was asleep and my friend had gone out! so he watched us too! ..which ok is a bit weird but helpful! .... and he also didnt allow them up the stairs! which was good really!

OVERALL a good experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sa Clau Apartments? Share your experiences!