“Excellent value, lovely staff. Just a shame about some of the guests.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Alicante Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hostal Alicante Hotel to your Saves list
Hostal Alicante Hotel
Hostal Alicante Hotel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Carre Alicante 9, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain   |
“Excellent value, lovely staff. Just a shame about some of the guests.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Great basic hotel. Rooms are airy and very clean. Staff are absolutely fantastic, everyone is happy to help in any way they can. When we arrived early on the first day, the manager roberto gave us a room to shower and sleep in as our room (bigger in size and with a better balcony) wasn't ready yet. Anywhere else you would have had to wait. Had been up since 4a.m so this was fantastic.

The location was great. Far enough away from the strip to avoid most of the noise, but still only five or ten minutes walk from it.

Cannot fault the accomodation or staff at all, I was worried about staying in a two star hostal but was so surprised. It was quite nice. First couple of nights stay were great. Only thing that ruined our stay was a gang of cockney slags that were put in the room next us a few days after we arrived. They also had another room next door to them. They screamed all night until about 7am. Slept for 3 hours and then started again. Ran up and down the corridor knock on other people's rooms like kids. Had loads of different men back to their room had no respect for themselves never mind other guests. The ones next to us were actually mother and daughter. As I said, slags. Couldn't sleep in the day or night because of them. Ok for a day or two as we were in ibiza so expected some of that, but we were there for 8 days. We didn't have the energy to go to any of the big nights as we were exhausted, so kind of ruined things. The manager Roberto was considering asking them to leave, but eventually moved us to the best room. 203. Has two balconies with views of the street. Was just such a shame we had to stay near those vile creatures for the other nights, they were the epitome of why the british are hated. I feel bad that the staff have to put up with animals like them.

Would recommend this hostal to anyone who wants a basic, but extremely clean and friendly place to stay.

Not for families or romantic couples.

Roberto is the best manager I've ever encountered in a hotel stay. Will be staying there again next year.

• Stayed September 2012

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My friend and I booked at very short notice, paid €215 each for a 9 night stay, there was even a spare bed in our room. Very nice balcony, with a bustling bar below. It was warm at night due to there being no air conditioning, but for tourists of the 18-25 age bracket it's all you are looking for, very close to the west end of San Antonio. Very pleasant reception staff. Would highly recommend to young people travelling on a tight budget. Also there is a beautiful Chinese restaurant around the corner from reception.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a balcony view room, you'll need the extra air at night.
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

this if an awful hotel tbh but it has all the basics a bed shower a toilet all be it not in great condition but you get what you pay for. this isnt the place you would take 'the missis' but for a friends break its great 10mins away from west end and beach.
the cafe across road on corner is basic but cheap free wifi and great staff.

Room Tip: away from stairs
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I arrived at the hostal in the morning after a flight and a short bus ride from the airport to San Antonio! The woman on reception was clueless, I gave her the paperwork and she gave me a key. I got in the lift and headed to my room (number 409). When I opened the door the smell of cigarettes was unbearable. The sight I was greeted with was much worse, there was a tiny bed which had not been made and the sheets had not been changed, it was full of hair (short and long) there was an ashtray full of cigarette butts and the floor was filthy, there was rubbish on the floor and under the bed, in the bathroom there was a bin full, a dirty towel and the toilet had not been flushed! The room was tiny, I couldnt move, the bathroom door couldbt be opened as it hit the bed! The room was cleaned after a complaint which made it bearable (only just) the bed was horrible, sheets thin and pillow lumpy! I slept there for 5 nights (when drunk) and left as soon as I waked to meet friends! The last night I was there I decided not to stay out late and was in bed by 12.30, the noise was shocking, my door was tried to be opened about 10 times, there was banging, sex, running about and music! I even heard people selling drugs from their balconies from downstairs to upstairs! The final straw for me was the heat, I expected Ibiza to be hot (I have been 4 times) but this room was shocking, I had to get up at 2 in the morning on the last night for a cold shower (good job as it never got warm) to cool down!
I have used trip advisor to review before and have put positives in but there really were none, the place was a disgrace!! My sister was in Ibiza and stayed at the hostal Florencio which is a 2 minute walk from here and this was amazing, a gorgeous hostel which could easilt be starred as a hotel, look at this place!!!!

Travelers are raving about these Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels

Brentwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked 2 weeks self-catering at the Hostal Alicante, but when we arrived, we found there were no rooms with kitchens available, which was totally the fault of our travel agent who had advertised (and taken the money for) self-catering rooms and was no fault of the hotel whatsoever. It took 3 days to sort out (the travel agent's fault again), and we did then move. However, I would like to say that the staff at the hotel went out of their way to be helpful. They weren't in the least bit offended that we weren't going to stay and let us use their phone to call the UK about 8 times, took messages, came up to our room to find us when the travel agent called back and let me sit behind the desk and use their internet to check my emails. They actually made what could have been a total nightmare into an OK situation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is young, will be out at the beach or clubbing all the time and who needs only the basics; bed, shower, toilet. If you want any more home comforts than that, this hotel isn't for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the street if you like sitting on your balcony, people-watching. Some...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Absolutley shocking! Room were filthy! And members of staff very rude! And we got attacked by somebody who worked there and a few of his friends(they were all spanish). And they stole my friends iphone, Do not ever stay here. Crap location! Never again!

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of 6 friends. The rooms are very basic, old beds and no tv. There is no air con which was awful at first but it was fine because when u come to san Antonio its all about going out, not staying in a hotel! The staff are excellent! Couldn't fault them! And the location is ideal. The restaurant downstairs wasn't great but there's loads of nice places beside the sea front which is a ten minute walk. Its not recommended for families or a romantic couples holiday but fine for a group looking for somewhere cheap!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hostal Alicante Hotel? Share your experiences!