“excellent hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Da Rocha

You added Hotel Da Rocha to your Saves list
Hotel Da Rocha
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Tomas Cabreira, Praia da Rocha, Portimao 8500-802, Portugal   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Praia da Rocha
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

im writting this on behalf of my wife who stayed in this hotel in may/june 2013 ,the service and facilities were 2nd to none ,she was treated very well from the moment she arrived to the moment she left ,she was b/b and the choices were brilliant all in all her stay was made a memorable 1 by the excellent staff working there ,this hotel is well worth a visit ,its right across the road from 1 of the best beaches you will ever see,

Room Tip: ask for sea view if possible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel Da Rocha, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to post your wife´s comments regarding Rocha Hotel Apartment on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that she was impressed by our Staff and enjoyed our facilities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel the first week of July with my boyfriend.
The modern rooms were large and comfortable. The rooms came with two flat screen TVs as well as having adequate wifi facilities. I am also very fussy when it comes to hotel cleanliness, but found that the rooms and bed linen were spotless.
While the room is describe as a 'apartment' if you are hoping to cook your own breakfast in the room you will find this difficult as there was hardly any means of cooking a meal. To improve, I would suggest more cutlery and cooking items such as pots and pans be provided, as well as a kettle and tea making facilities in the room as for a 4 star, I think these should automatically be provided. The mini bar however was very reasonably priced compared to other hotels I've stayed in!
We went down for breakfast twice, there was a wide choice but quality of food wasn't the best. However, there are many places on the strip that have English breakfasts that cost around 4 euros!
The surrounding beach area was very clean, we spent most of our time down there. However whilst the hotel pool is small, it is always quiet and sun beds available.
There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area, however, if staying for a while, you may want to venture into near by towns such as Alvor for more choice! Taxis go right from outside the hotel.
All in all, the hotel rocha is a beautiful hotel, was nice to stay in such a modern friendly hotel. Lovely trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel Da Rocha, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a detailed review. We are really thrilled to hear how impressed you were with your recent stay at the Rocha Hotel Apartment. It is always very gratifying for us when we receive feedback from satisfied guests.
Please be ensured, we took good note of your feedback related to the kittchenet.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Like the other reviewer I also got the pharmacist view and the 6am recycling wagon every morning and the fridge vans all day delieving endless noise as for the room spotless and well appointed the breakfast well the hot serving vessels are never lit so they are cold cold eggs cold sausage cold beans then the toaster that takes an age to do two slices because you have to put them through twice so cold food with cold toast and the person who put the two extra toasters needs another job because both don't work might as well be cornflake boxes plenty of food but all cold everyday for two weeks all in all would I stay again no would I recommend it no the only good thing reception staff and cleaner the person in charge of food I would sack tut tut not one hot breakfast in two weeks shame on you

Room Tip: Don't get any room on the back noisy all day and morning starts at 6am. Eat breakfast out
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel Da Rocha, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we could not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we take all comments very serious and use them to improve our services on a daily basis. In order to investigate further I would appreciate if you could contact me on direcao@hoteldarocha.com
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked this very last minute, so didn't have much to choose from in the region. I'm glad we did though, as this is a great hotel.

The staff are very welcoming, relaxed, friendly and professional. The rooms are sensational, very spacious indeed, massive beds, and very good air-conditioning. Everything is very modern and clean.

We were worried that it might be noisy at night due to it's location near the clubs and bars, but apart from a little noise now and again from revellers wandering by, there was nothing much to be bothered about.

I'd recommend booking a rooms on the front as high as you can, as the views are gorgeous.

We booked on a half board package, evening meals are taken over at The Jupiter hotel next door. The food quality is excellent, but after about three days it might get a bit samey.

Room Tip: It's well worth the little extra for a sea view, stunning to wake up to each morning.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel Da Rocha, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing this review regarding your stay at the Rocha Hotel Apartment. It is good to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. Moreover we appreciate hearing that you have enjoyed our staff. We look forward to having you with us again soon.
houten
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is new and modern. The rooms are big and bright. With a small kitchenette where you can make coffee or tea or some soup. Very clean and good beds. The staff is friendly, everybody smiles! Breakfast was good and there was something for everybody. The beach is just across the street. Was a wonderfull stay and I will recommend it to everybody who wants to go the Algarve. I defenitly will go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel Da Rocha, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your preference in selecting the Rocha Hotel Apartment for your holiday and writing about your recent experience with us. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I very much looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Hotel looks the part, the rooms are stunning but thats about it! I payed way more then this was worth for a sea view room instead i was looking out onto a pharmacy at the back that got no sun on the balcony at all, i was told all sea view rooms were fully booked and yet i still had to pay the full amount, the pool is situated in the middle of the building like in a court yard that gets hardly any sun due to the huge building around it, any time we wanted a snack at the hotel the restaurant was closed, we were also told by hotel da rocha we could use hotel jupiters pool next door as it was a sister hotel that has a lovely pool over looking the beach at the front of the hotel, when we waked in we were stopped there is no such thing i was mortified, it does have a great location and is right at the beach but i would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Iv only been to praia de rocha once but i should have listened to my family who have gone there alot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel Da Rocha, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and your feedback about yours last year stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we could not meet your expectations. In order to investigate further I would appreciate if you could contact me on direcao@hoteldarocha.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here from the 23rd of June to the 29th and we all wish we could have stayed longer, Kids are still asking to go back. Hotel is great, check in was a breeze and rooms are amazing. The beds are incredible comfortable, I think I slept better than in my own bed. Rooms are equipped with two TV's so kids had one and we had the other. The beach is just across the street and is near all restaurants. My 9 month old has severe allergies and baby food is extremely hard to find, however hotel staff went above and beyond to provide my son a fresh meal everyday that he was able to eat. We will definitely stay at Hotel da Rocha again and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hotelda R, Gerente at Hotel Da Rocha, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing this review regarding your stay at the Rocha Hotel Apartament. It is good to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. Moreover we appreciate hearing that you have enjoyed our staff. Regarding your comments about the team members I will be sure to share them with the entire team. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Been to Hotel Da Rocha? Share your experiences!