1. Club Praia da Rocha
2. Praia da Rocha
1. When booking Club Praia da Rocha, we had no expectations for fear of dissappointment. we requested a pool view in the middle of the block. There are two blocks three blocks in Clube praia da rocha - Altantico and Pacifico. Thses are the two white and yellow blocks the beach side, I had been to the otherside previously and this time around wanted to avoid it at all costs because it's a complete disaster. When we arrived at our accomodation, our requests were carried out but. The acoomation does bring new meaning to the word BASIC, but it was habitable. When you move into your room, you will have a television that will not work unless you have a remote control - These are available from reception (€40 for 14days). You'll probably get one cheap at the shopping compley "modelo" which is €4 one way in a taxi. The safe deposit is fairly cheap, we paid €25 for 14days which puts at ease. Sunbeds are fairly reasonable at €1, which isn't bad if you haven't got a football team with you. Overall the accomodation inCPR is basic but adequate and the staff are very friendly.
2. Praia da rocha is a lovely place to stay with lots of ameneties and with portimao and alvor in close proximity, you will always find something to do. There is a marvellous range of dishes and meals to satisfy your taste buds and all are within walking distance from CPR. If you stray as far as portimao, you will instantly smell the seafood grills and barbeques. One thing i will advise: Most Portuguese restuarants will place small dishes consisting of bread, butter, chesse and pastes for you to tuck into before your meal - you are charged for this gratis service even though you haven't ordered it, and some places charge you individually for this service. The is McDonalds in Portimao for all you junk food lovers. There a few places i'd recommend for food: 1. Shanghai Chinese Restaurant beside Stars Karaoke Bar (Unmissable) food was excellent and the service was great. 2. Dories Steak House across from Shanghai - This place was special and i was kicking myslef that we only tried it on the last day because out of fourteen nights dining, this place was unarguably the best by far. 3. Croke Park have a great Irish Breakfast (I call it the Belly-Buster) 2 Rashers, 2 Sausages, 2Egg, 2Pudd, Beans, Toast Tea, Juice for €6 - Great. There is also a great little Kebab shop for when your smuggers drunk it's acrodd from Croke Park - MMMMmmmmm
3. Nightlife in Praia da Rocha was great, but i found it slightly repetative. Every night had the same format to it, and after 14days it kind of bored us a little. There is a bar called Irelands Eye which is on the main street and if you are luckey enough, there is a singer called paddy the punk who will be entertaining you for the night, and entertain he does. this guy has a great show, funny jokes and we found oursleves using this place as the foundation for our great nights out. Croke Park have a lad called Jason who is also very good and gets the people going. Nightlife wise - The place to go at the end of the night is Babylone Disco and it gets quite good, but don't hit there until after 3.30, it finishs at 6am.
Bars to see are Nichos and on the rocks and Farmers Pub, there is also a great pubs across from Farmers called Durty Nelly's (Don't be fooled if it looks a little empty outside - Go right in) Be warned if any of you intend to buy drugs are cigarettes from the local gypsyies. These guys offer you a chain and thern some drugs and you may end up bringing it home to do your washing with - It's Washing Power.
Conclusion: I would happily visit praia da rocha again, but only for one week. It hasn;t got enough and there isn't a great variation in the venue's entertainment. Don't be bothered by all the negative reviews regarding the accomodation - It is basic but if you go there without expectation, you'll not be dissapointed.
The Irish Wedding D.J
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Club Praia da Rocha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Praia Da Rocha Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Hotel Praia Da Rocha
- Clube Praia Da Rocha
- Club Praia De Rocha
- Club Praia Da Rocha Portugal - Algarve