I would have loved to have given this hotel a 5 out of 5 but feel I had to give it a four as we experienced a number of noise problems.
The hotel is in an ideal location for the beach, it is literally across the road, I would just advise anyone unsteady on their feet it is a walk down some steps or a steep hill.
Coming out the hotel their are pubs and places to eat to either your left or right so plenty of choice on an evening.
The pool area is clean and in a good spot for sunshine, the problem for me was there was a cover over the pool, it did look retractable but stayed closed the entire time which seems a bit odd when it is glorious sunshine.
We were greeted nicely and given our key, we stayed in room 320, this is to the rear of the hotel.
Breakfast was good, a good selection of choice, bar very nice and clean and the staff very polite.
My biggest concern for this hotel was the noise which is such a shame because I really like the hotel, the rooms are basic but do there job and are clean, there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room.
The noise: The walls are thin, everytime a neighbour flushes their toilet you can hear it and our neighbours flushed the toilet a lot!
We also had a bar at the back of the hotel and on our last night Benfica had won the football league and the locals seemed to party all night chanting, shouting, beeping their horns. This wasn't the only night we had noise problems can I add, we had patio doors (no balcony) and it was like there was a gaping hole in the wall you could hear people walking past and talking, cars driving by (we were on the 3rd floor)
Like I said before I really liked this hotel, the staff and the downstairs lobby are lovely.
I don't think I would return to this hotel which is such a shame, it's just the noise was an issue and we had gone on holiday to relax and not still be wide awake 03.00am because of the noise we could hear, maybe it wasn't as bad if your room was to the front of the hotel (the rooms at the front have a balcony too)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jupiter Algarve Hotel, formerly know as Hotel Jupiter is a modern ocean themed 4 star beach front hotel located at Praia da Rocha on the Algarve. Featuring 183 rooms, with sea or land views. All of the guest rooms feature free Wi-Fi, LCD TV, air conditioning, double or twin beds, minibar, and ability to accommodate families with children. Hotel facilities include a swimming pool (covered and heated in winter), restaurant, bar, spa, gym, meeting rooms, garage and musical entertainment. Start the day with a full breakfast buffet served in the restaurant and discover the best the region has to offer. Take advantage of the beach only a short distance on foot, and many other activities available such as scuba diving on the reef Ocean Revival, boating, experiences at the Algarve International Motor Park and visits to amusement parks such as Zoomarine, Slide & Splash or the Museum of Portimao. Back at the hotel we suggest a visit to the SPA circuit or a relaxing massage, or stay active at our Fitness Center. Open daily for lunch and dinner, the Jupiter restaurant serves a variety of dishes of Portuguese and international cuisine served "a la carte" or buffet also with Half and Full boards meal plans available. The hotel also offers flexible meetings and events spaces with capacities up to 300 guests, computers with internet access, a car parking garage, airport transfers, tours, bicycle rentals all available at the 24 hours reception desk. A great location, only 2 steps from the beach, the marina, restaurants, bars, shops, casino, and the excitement of the famous summer beach parties ... Make this hotel the right choice for those seeking a stay full of good memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Jupiter Algarve Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jupiter Hotel Algarve
- Jupiter Praia Da Rocha
- Hotel Jupiter Praia Da Rocha
- Hotel Jupiter Algarve
- Jupiter Algarve Hotel Praia Da Rocha, Portugal