“Great sushi & teppanyaki” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tokyo Restaurant

Tokyo Restaurant
AV.Tomas Cabreira Edif varanda do sol lt2 loja8, Praia da Rocha, Portimao 8500-802 , Portugal
282485205/ 967241988
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great sushi & teppanyaki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very good sushi and the all you can eat sushi and teppanyaki for 17.95 is a really good deal. The sushi was quickly prepared but this left a long gap between dishes when the teppanyaki took longer to prepare with only one chef and a busy restaurant so the service could be improved. We really enjoyed our visit and would return if we are in the area again but felt a bit let down by the length of time we waited to be served.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Lovely food, food in total wasn't good so ate out most nights and this was lovely , very cheap too, we had a set menu which had a lot to choose from and very fresh , the restraint staff care about you and take care in your service

Visited October 2012
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“excellent sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

all you can eat sushi for 13.95. masterfully prepared and served up in a picturesque beach front setting

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lapa
“All you can eat : Excellent sushi and teppanyaki with an entertainment factor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This Japanese restaurant is one of our absolute favourites in Algarve since more than 12 years ! Always tasty, reasonable prices, super nice owners ! Since a year or so also an "all you can eat offer" : for 17,50 Euros you could have 3 plates of sushi, soup, starters, teppanyakis etc...
AMAZING.
Also very nice to go with kids : the owner makes a nice "show" while preparing teppanyaki, involving the kids in the process......

• Visited July 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“The best sushi and Japanese food I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

A fantastic place, which we first refused visiting, because it feels akward to eat Sushi, while being at the coast of Algarve and also, it is situated right on the touristy strip on main walking street. But, I can tell, I am so glad I changed my mind and decided to go there anyway (some recommendations of locals made me do it) and it turned out to be the best Sushi experience I ever had.

There is an "eat all that you can"-menue, where you get a little note book, writing down what you want to have and then it is freshly made/cooked while you are waiting. You do not have to decide all sorts of Sushi/Japanese dishes at one and the same time, since the very kind/helpful waiters/waitresses will come over to your table and take orders during the whole night.

The fish was excellent and I have never ever had so many various types of fishes before (and I eat a lot of Sushi food at home) and what can I say, it was FANTASTIC! I also tried some warm dishes out of the Japanese menu, and it was great as well. No wonder!

I went twice to this restaurant during my stay in Algarve and I will come back on my next vacation. (There is a Chinese restaurant joined together with the Tokyo, so there will be something for everybodys taste).

Tokyo also has a good wines on the list. Can highly recommend the wine which has order numer 189 on the wine list (do not recall the name), but it was good and even though it was red, it worked out with the cold sushi.

The service is fantastic and all the staff we very friendly and service minded.

I am only sat on outside the main restaurant and it is simple, but neat, and in some ways very cosy with the red paper lamps hanging in the fence.

(A note regarding the toilets- they are the cleanest I have seen in the area!)

• Visited July 2012