We had a 2 bedroom oasis suite and it was perfect for me and my husband, and our 17month old. There was no one in the suite under us, but occasionally when the maids came in there, there didnt seem to be much sound insulation at all, so if you had a noisy family under / above you - it could be a real problem I think.
The creche was great and the same people do the babysitting, so that was really reassuring.
The breakfast was excellent - huge selection.
The pools were a little on the chilly side. The beach was really nice, but a bit dirty - as in rubbish and alot of cigarette butts in the sand - not great for a baby to play around, but it wasn't terrible by any means.
We had a great 10 days at this hotel and would definitely return next year (make sure you get the hotel to collect you from Faro airport, as you don't want to be hanging round there for long!).
Overall it was a great hotel and very efficient staff.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Vita Parc Resort And Spa
- Vila Vita Parc Porches
- Vila Vita Parc
- Vila Vita Parc Hotel
- Vila Vita Parc Portugal
- Vila Vita Parc Resort
- Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa Algarve, Portugal - Porches
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VILA VITA Parc is Portugal's most exclusive resort, heralded for its timeless elegance and style, unsurpassed range of services and amenities, ultra luxurious facilities, and sensual and lush seaside setting in the charming Algarve region. The Five Star resort celebrates all the best of Portugal, immersing each guest in pampered, personalized pleasures imbued with Portuguese culture and hospitality. THE ALGARVE Location: At the seashore in Portugal's southernmost province and most popular tourist destination, the Algarve is the country's vacation paradise offering everything from stunning natural beauty, gourmet cuisine and fine wines to year-round climate and world-class beaches and golf. Among the Algarve attractions adjacent to VILA VITA Parc are the medieval castles at Silves and Sagres, the school of Prince Henry the Navigator where Columbus studied, and the far western point of Europe. Climate: The mild Mediterranean climate is among the Algarve's greatest attractions. The more than 300 sunny days annually makes it a year-round destination. Summers are warm and dry, tempered by cooling sea breezes; spring and autumn are pleasant and comfortable, ideal for enjoying the region's many activities; while winters are mild and virtually all the rainfall occurs. Getting there: Portugal is the westernmost country in Europe and the gateway to the old continent from the Atlantic. The flying time from most European cities is 2 ½ - 3 hours, from the Eastern U.S. only 6-7 hours. VILA VITA Parc provides transfers from Lisbon Airport, with an optional stop at the resort's wine estate, and from nearby Faro International Airport (35 minutes), which offers frequent connections from Lisbon as well as London. ACCOMMODATION: Set on 54 spectacular acres perched above the Atlantic Ocean with lush, blooming sub-tropical gardens, distinctive Moorish-influenced Algarvean architecture, a dramatic rocky coastline and one of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal boasting an arc of finely grained sand on a small romantic bay with aquamarine water protected by cliffs on both sides. All 173 accommodations are exquisitely appointed with every amenity and feature terraces, balconies and panoramic views of the sea and the flower-filled gardens. Rooms & Suites: Guests may choose from a wide choice of distinguished accommodations including:- 65 Deluxe rooms and 8 Suites in the main building;- 29 suites in the exclusive manor house style Residence including 26 Suites with garden or ocean views, 2 Townhouse Suites and 1 Ocean Suite;- 60 Suites (one and two bedrooms) in Oasis Parc including 7 with Rooftop Terraces; - 2 private Villas with pool with up to 4 Suites each; - 3 Suites at the adjoining VILA VITA Vital Spa Additional Features and Services:- Rooms: Satellite TV, Radio-CD Player and Alarm Clock, Mini-Bar, WiFi access, Safe. - Hotel Services: 24-hour Room Service, Guest Service Centre, Business Corner, Library, Laundry and Dry Cleaning, Limousine Service, Beach Shuttle, Boutique and Gift Shop, Hairdressing Salon, Garage, Babysitting on request. RESTAURANTS & BARS: Resort Dining: The 8 different restaurants onsite serving a variety of casual and gourmet cuisines are complemented by Portugal's best wine cellar and 6 bars: - Bela Vita is an a-la-carte restaurant offering international cuisine.- Adega features traditional, rustic Portuguese cuisine, served by a small lake.- The Whale is a restaurant for all tastes, with a terrace and sea views.- Aladin Grill & Lounge Bar is a fine dining grill room with an open kitchen and distinctive Moorish decor.- Ocean is the resort's signature restaurant offering gourmet dining, a terrace, a winter garden and ocean panoramas.- Atlantico, Mediterranean cuisine with a French and Portuguese flair, opens up to a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean and the swimming pool.- Oasis Bar, an elegant bar in the main building with a terrace overlooking the gardens serving cocktails or afternoon tea.- Café Bica, on a beautiful terrace overlooking the swan lake, serves a selection of local pastries, cakes, coffees, organic teas and cocktails throughout the day.- Pool Bar, Delfim Bar and Garden Bar, at different spots, serve refreshing beverages, snacks and light meals - Cave de Vinhos an impressive arched wine cellar with more than 11,000 bottles and 1,200 different wine references will delight connoisseurs. Offsite Dining: located a few minutes from the resort, complimentary transfers are offered to guests:- Arte Náutica, at the resort's adjacent beach club, offers grilled fresh seafood and meats served on a waterfront terrace.- Deutscher Biergarten, at the nearby village of Porches, an authentic Bavarian beer garden offering traditional specialties including Paulaner beer, sausages, "schnitzel", "herring", pretzels and "Apfelstrudel". All meats originate from the Herdade dos Grous and are prepared in VILA VITA Parc´s own butchery. VILA VITA VITAL SPAA world of well-being in a luxurious ambiance where guests may choose from the most extensive international menu of spa services, from beauty care and revitalizing treatments to holistic naturopathy, preventive medicine, medicinal cosmetics and pre-aging/anti-aging therapies. The gamut of facilities comprises two whirlpools, two saunas, steam bath and ice grotto. Classes and instruction range from Yoga, Pilates, TaiChi, aquarobics and stretching to personal training. RECREATIONAL AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES: A Great Beach Resort for Everyone: From staying in a completely private and ultra-luxurious suite at the water's edge with breathtaking views, to enjoying an intimate dinner for two in the atmospheric wine cellar, couples will discover romance everywhere they turn at VILA VITA Parc. At the same time, with its extensive range of accommodations, dining options, sports, recreational activities, leisure facilities and special program for guests of all ages, VILA VITA Parc is the perfect getaway for the entire family with something for everyone. Guests enjoy every popular sport and recreational activity imaginable:- 6 swimming pools (1 heated indoor, 3 outdoor and 2 children)- Secluded beach and Beach Club- EnerGym with most advanced exercise equipment- 18-Hole Minigolf- 5 tennis courts- Horseback riding (outside the resort)- Bike rental- Volleyball- 9-hole pitch & putt practice course, 18-hole putting green, plus tee times on nearby championship courses- Water sports including pedal boats, sailboats, windsurfing, laser boats, canoes, waterskiing, diving, surfing, banana boats and windsurfing - Excursions by typical fishing boat to explore the coastal rock formations and grottos- An array of off-property options from typical Portuguese bullfights to paragliding, deep-sea fishing and visits to Sevilla and Lisbon- Children's programs: Natalie's Crèche, for 6 months to 3 years; Annabella´s Kids Parc, 4 to 11-year-olds, and summer activities for 12 and older.Yacht Excursions: The resort has an elegant 72-foot yacht available for guests to go on private luxury sailing trips, of half or full day, along the Algarve's beautiful coast of sandy coves and enchanted caves and grottos. MEETINGS & BANQUETS: The resort has everything the meeting planner is looking for, from unique venues for exciting and memorable events to the latest technical capabilities. The six event rooms with world-class furnishings and appointment can accommodate up to 350 persons for conferences, seminars and banquets. Lisboa Ballroom can be transformed into a special themed ambiance for a company celebration. One-of-a-kind excursions, banquets and team-building activities can be planned at the resort's country wine estate. COUNTRY WINE ESTATE: The Herdade dos Grous (Country Estate of the Cranes) is 1,803 acres of vineyards, flowering gardens, and olive and orange groves where guests can learn about horse breeding, organic farming and the cultivation of award-winning wines. Among the awards garnered by the wine estate is the 2004 best red wine of the Alentejo region, known for its robust vintages due to the soil's content of lime, loam, sand and especially magnesium. Many of the foods served at the resort are produced at the wine estate, and guests often visit Herdade dos Grous for a tour, to relax in the country ambiance and enjoy a gourmet meal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, Splendia, LHW, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.