To start with,the resort is only accessible by driving your own car,the last 10 kms over an untarred road.Lots of potholes after any rain.Having flown in from India,we travelled by train to Orvieto, the nearest town to hire a car.Stayed a night and enjoyed the sights and sounds of a delightful medieval town.The resort itself was nestled in the Umbrian hills,surrounded by forests.the residences are spread over a large area,and the driving there is over unprepared roads,but the overall ambience compensates for that.The staff is very cordial,helpful and we found Maricella particularly so.She could speak English fairly well too.We used to drive out during the day to neighbouring towns and attractions,Chiusi,Montepulciano,Perugia.One can leave the car at Fabro rail station free of cost and go by train to Rome or Florence etc for a day trip.Try to return before night fall due to the road and absence of traffic on it.Dont follow the GPS!!Follow the signs as instructed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casella, in the beautiful Italian countryside, a tourism enterprise that aims at combining the concepts of sustainable economics and high quality standards. La Casella has transformed the countryside Vacation in a life style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your La Casella, Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casella, Eco Hotel Ficulle
- La Casella Eco Terni
- La Casella, Eco Resort Italy/Ficulle