Just got back from the eco-resort and I miss it already. I wake up an go to bed thinking about it. Our group of ten was treated so well throughout our entire stay. I am still impressed with the service and attention we got. From the moment we arrived we were spoiled. Each dinner and lunch was set up for us at some gorgeous location in Umbria. We also had fun wine tours throughout the week. Night one we ate at Bucaa della Luca in Cittia de Pieve which ended up being a supreme dinner with endless wine. We sampled so many wonderful things. Too bad my new favorite restaurant is 6000 miles away :(
Some of the driving was on dirt roads which felt like an adventure to me. I loved it. The room we stayed in at La Casella was beautiful. Felt very homie. Breakfast in the morning was limited to pastries, cereal and cappuccinos. I hardly ever eat breakfast in the morning so, a beautiful cup of capp made me very happy each morning. Most of our time was spent touring around Umbria which was picturesque. We had one day when it rained and it made everything look even more alive, fresh and clean. Magical. The only thing I didn't get to do was ride a horse. The place is known as an equestrian retreat, so I was disappointed I didn't give myself enough time to do that. Looks like there are incredible trails to ride on.
I will say with all the amazing things I got to see, eat, and experience the treatment we received from La Casella was the best. The got us in touch with amazing chefs throughout Umbira, and set up some amazing wines and country tours. We had discussions within our group as to why everyone was treating us so well. The final answer we came up with is "This place is just that amazing"! Wow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casella, in the beautiful Italian countryside, a tourism enterprise that aims at combining the concepts of sustainable economics and high quality standards. La Casella has transformed the countryside Vacation in a life style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your La Casella, ECO-Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casella, Eco Hotel Ficulle
- La Casella Eco Terni
- La Casella, ECO-Resort Italy/Ficulle