My husband & I have recently returned from a five night stay in the Villa & can only find words of praise & high recommendations for this beautiful villa set in such peaceful , idyllic surroundings of olive groves & open landscape where you could relax in a deck chair, on the terrace overlooking the Tuscan countryside or at the pool overlooking more picturesque views. Our stay was made even more special thanks to the lovely staff at reception (Tatiana, Viola & Sandra) who were always so pleasant & helpful, with nothing too much trouble for them. Claudia, at breakfast & at lunch, when we often ate on the terrace, looked after us every day & was so friendly & lovely to talk to. Also, thank you to the young in house chef who cooked some amazing meals in the restaurant in the evening. So much talent for such a young chef!
If you want to "get away from it all" & just relax in quiet, idyllic surroundings, Campestri is the ideal place. A car is necessary if you want to visit nearby towns/ cities or you can take a train from Borgo San Lorenzo, 7k away, to visit Florence for the day , as we did, because we did not relish the idea of driving into Florence. You can , however , just stay at the Villa & relax & maybe take one of the short walks near the villa which are described in a leaflet at reception. We followed one of the walks & found a lovely spot from where you could get a lovely panoramic view of the Villa.
What a find!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Splendia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany