My husband and I just returned from a 11 day vacation in Italy. We spent our last 3 nights at Villa Campestri. Let me start by saying that each and every staff member we met was very helpful, and friendly. We had a meal there, that was absolutely perfect. Darius (? SP) was so helpful with his suggestions, we felt like we were dining with friends. And the food, wow, they were truly experts with all that they cooked.
We took a pasta cooking course with Christian and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Not only was it informative, and fun, but I can honestly say I CAN now make pasta. Christian is a gifted teacher and we would love to return to take more of his courses. Thank you Christian, you made cooking tasty and fun.
Jemma is the owners daughter and she has gave us a Olive Oil tasting course. She too is a expert teacher. Jemma gave us the history of olive trees, olives, olive oil, and the Villa itself (which was in the Medici family for 800 yrs prior to her father purchasing it). We were to have a 1 hour course but I am certain we spent more than 2 hours with Jemma, chatting and learning about each other, and our different cultures. As for the olive oil course, it was so informative. Jemma truly is an expert when it comes to olive oil (she has a PHD in ?? related to agriculture)
I would strongly recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for the old world charm we seem to have lost in recent years, and the ability to enjoy with the way the world used to be.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.