We stayed at Campestri Olive Oil Resort for one night in our week long trip around Tuscany. Of five hotels we stayed at this was easily the best. The setting is beautiful, the rooms are very clean and spacious (although they are all not the same). The touches in the villa - tapestries, paintings, decor, books - give the impression the owners really care about appearance and restoring it to its original beauty but in a way that keeps it upto date as well. Food was excellent and service was very attentive. We also paid €50 pp to experience olive oil tasting with the owners' daughter, Gemma, who was incredibly knowledgable, having an agriculture degree and a Phd, and enjoyed answering our questions as well as showing us around the resort. We really, really enjoyed it, and would add this resort to our list of places we would highly recommend to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany