My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights after a holiday rental in Florence city. We took the train from Florence to Vicchio, which took about an hour and was very straightforward, and then a taxi on from there, organised by the hotel (about €30).
We chose Villa Campestri based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor and were not at all disappointed. The villa is right at the top of the valley with great rural Tuscan views. The house is beautiful both inside and outside. We had a huge room overlooking the garden, with a stunning en suite bathroom. Just outside our room was a lovely upstairs lounge with a big stone fireplace. There was another lounge downstairs - all quite dark, which was a nice contrast to the blazing sunshine outside.
I spent most of the weekend by the pool, which was lovely and overlooked the Mugello valley. We also went for some strolls in the beautiful villa grounds, along the olive groves and around some little streams. We didn't have a car, but found plenty to do for a few days around the villa.
We booked the Dine With Us package through the villa's website, which was expensive - but turned out to be amazing value because the food was fantastic! The maitre d' at the restaurant was really great and helped make the atmosphere over dinner on the terrace really relaxed and convivial. The food was incredible - huge portions, beautiful local Tuscan food, great variety.
I'd really recommend this place for a fantastic treat if you like great countryside, a bit of luxury and amazing food. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany