Rented a car in Milan and drove out to Tuscany to Villa Campestri. What an adventure - me and GPS system had some words! the Villa is located up a curvy (and I mean curvy) lush road. The grounds are fantastic - green and very well kept. The "lobby" area is charming and very welcoming. We stayed in the Dalia Apartment that is adjacent to the owners' quarters and their super friendly adorable dogs. The apartment is spacious with all the amenities you'd find in your own house. The furniture is so perfect for the location - it's just perfect. The beds were comfortable with extra bedding and towels available. I really felt like I was home.
The breakfast was simple and delicious. A special shout out to the energetic lady working the breakfast area - she did it all alone (at least for the 5 days we were there); and she would come and go and always very polite, friendly and with a smile on her face :D The outside terrace where we took our breakfast is breathtaking. You want a place to get away from it all and relax and regain your energy - this is the place! We spend a couple of days by the pool that is simply beautiful! We also had dinner there and it was so worth it. Excellent, rich, aromatic food that really hits the spot. My only complaint was that I wasn't able to fit in a cooking class - would have loved to have learned a few tips from the chef. The owners- they are friendly, involved and genuinely seemed to care how our stay was going; the front desk & massage lovely ladies - all super friendly and helpful; loved passing by them in the morning and evening to get a smile (they made you feel like family); the restaurant ladies - attentive, friendly and warm. Everyone was great and they made our stay all that much better. Need to get away, go to Villa Campestri - you will not regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, T4B, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Escapio, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany